Some Help Making My First Ever Game Please

ducktavious

Feb 27, 2018
Hi, I'm thinking of attempting to make my first ever game, but I have literally no experience or any idea in what I am doing. Was just wondering for any suggestions/guidance as that would be much appreciated.
I'm thinking of something along the lines of a 3D Renpy game, and I have heard of Daz that people use... is this straightforward to learn...?
Thanks

HerbertIronsides

Oct 2, 2017
Well other than learning both renpy and Daz you will also need to flesh out your idea, what kinks you will do, plan out your game, and ask yourself if your creating the game for fun or to try and get supporters for money.

Reactions: ducktavious

TessaXYZ

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2020
Hi, I'm thinking of attempting to make my first ever game, but I have literally no experience or any idea in what I am doing. Was just wondering for any suggestions/guidance as that would be much appreciated.
I'm thinking of something along the lines of a 3D Renpy game, and I have heard of Daz that people use... is this straightforward to learn...?
Thanks
It's as straightforward or complicated as you want to be. But there's a lot more to it than just knowing your way around the software. Study photography, lighting, storytelling, game design, etc alongside learning Daz and Renpy.

Cosy Creator

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2022
Having read quite a few of these threads, there's one piece of advice I feel is generally missing: play to your strengths, not your weaknesses. If your writing is great, but your game design isn't, make something that leans more heavily into the novel aspect of AVNs. If it's the other way around and your writing sucks, make a game with great gameplay that will make the deficiencies in your writing much less important.

A game with good gameplay and shit writing can still be a great game. A story with good writing and shit gameplay can still be a great story. But a game with shit gameplay can never be a great game, and a story with shit writing can never be a great story.

kintarodev

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2022
Maybe start by sitting down and trying to write a simple script.

Perhaps it's not the most exciting task, but it's definitely an important aspect to consider in game production.

Additionally, you don't need to tackle tedious aspects such as learning to use a game engine or Daz, which can be quite intuitive over time but initially challenging to learn. Depending on how you feel, you may discover the path to follow on your own.

Good luck! (y)