Some icons are missing

Orichan

Sep 6, 2017
It's been some time, some icons on the site are missing. Not sure why.

4BSTHV8.png

Hx7kqck.png

BvQNghE.png

This last screenshot shows missing icons from recently. The first screenshots the icons were missing from some time,
But the last screenshot is a new problem that appeared today/yesterday. Also the issue on last screenshot is not constant, sometime it works sometime not

I'm on Chrome 99 (official build)

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
It seems like it is a common issue that is coming and going for some users and noone has given a clear reason yet.

One quick workarounds seems to be changing style from UI.X Dark to Dark Theme Beta (bottom left of the website)

I just had this issue for around two days and then it fixed itself, so you can then try returning to UI.X Dark a few days later to see if it is still bugged.

Bev_

Nov 17, 2018
Try installing on your desktop. It's the only thing that helped me.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
[...] and noone has given a clear reason yet.
A latency on the server side, coupled to a too stingy cache mechanism on the browser side.

When loading the page for the first time, some icons/fonts can't get fetched, and the browser decide to definitively, or for a too long period of time, mark them as missing for this session.
Since it seem to appear only on the none default theme, I guess that server side it's also a question of caching ; the icons/fonts aren't presented fast enough because there's not many browsers asking for them and they aren't on its cache at this moment.