Some of my VNs instantly closes after being opened

P0nkotsu

Aug 16, 2018
For some reason some VNs wont start working suddenly even though I can play them back then
I can open and play some VNs such as:x
Food Girls
Eiyuu senki GOLD
One room - Runaway girl
Neighbor Watching
Runaway Demon Bride
Sweet Switch
Kamou's VN the Grim reaper one

And this is the VNs that closes instantly after I open them
Sugar Style
Kukkoro Days
Nekopara vol.1 - 4
Summer Sisters ~Midsummer Secret with Childhood Friends~
(this one throws out an error which says: Access Violation: The thread attempts to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have access.)
HarmonEy
Trouble Days

I am quite unsure what is causing this and i hope someone would be able to help me fix this. all of the VNs mentioned above doesn't give out any errors or whatsoever it just closes. the only one with the error when I open it is the Summer Sisters ~Midsummer Secret with Childhood Friends~
My locale is already in Japanese and tried compatibility mode and there's no success
I used to be able to play some on these (except sugar style since its recently downloaded from this site) then suddenly it wont work anymore

sawyer123456789

Sep 21, 2020
Did you ever get a fix for this? It happened to me a while back after some windows update, some VNs not working that worked before (nekopara for example). Been looking for a solution for a while.

sawyer123456789

Sep 21, 2020
Did you ever get a fix for this? It happened to me a while back after some windows update, some VNs not working that worked before (nekopara for example). Been looking for a solution for a while.
Update, I found out my issue was having RivaTuner Statistics Server running. I added profiles for games to disable it when they are running and they started working again.

Last edited:

P0nkotsu

Aug 16, 2018
Update, I found out my issue was having RivaTuner Statistics Server running. I added profiles for games to disable it when they are running and they started working again.
damn good for you i dont have any programs in me installed similar to RivaTuner sadly.
I have already gave up for about a month and a half and just started searching for a solution again