Ren'Py some renpy games slow down after a few minutes

mobin_03

Dec 26, 2020
hey so i have a problem with some games that it starts slowing down and the transitions are very slow and frustrating but I can fix this by doing a save and loading the game one more time but again I face the same issue 10-20 dialogues down the road and have to do it all over i couldn't really find anyone with the same problem so was wondering if you guys could help
p.s:i'm running these games on my old laptop which does not have a great graphic card so that maybe it but the thing it happens very rarely so i thought it shouldn't be a hardware issue

DMFnsfw

Game Developer
Nov 30, 2022
A player reported this same problem with my RenPy game. He didn't had the problem with the first version (still on RenPy 7) but did since I updated to RenPy 8.

You are still having the problem? on what RenPy game this happened to you?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
A player reported this same problem with my RenPy game. He didn't had the problem with the first version (still on RenPy 7) but did since I updated to RenPy 8.
Python 3.x (Ren'Py 8.x branch) is known to not be really faster than Python 2.x (all other branch), and in some cases even be slower. But the difference isn't big enough for it to have that kind of impact on a game. Especially since your game isn't really demanding.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DMFnsfw

mobin_03

Dec 26, 2020

You are still having the problem? on what RenPy game this happened to you?
it was on Race of Life and a couple of others a few months ago that I don't actually remember what games they were. unfortunately, I don't know how to check what renpy version it is I'll check out your game also and tell you if I have any problems with it.