some RPG Maker game freezing

Cancer Giver

Nov 12, 2018
I encounter some bug or trouble with several RPG Maker game where the game just froze, I can here the sound and still able to control the game but the visual is froze which hinder the game experience. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Aug 11, 2020
Closing your browser while playing helps. Not holding the text skip button for extended periods of time also helps. But besides that it is performance-related. Your graphics card is simply not good enough to handle RPG maker MV's bad coding.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Cancer Giver The freezing is related to RPG Maker MV's outdated Javascript node. As soon as you update it to a newer version the performance will increase.

You can download a newer version from here:

Simply replace the files in your game with the downloaded files and start the game.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: gzrtjhgtyhjljk

Cancer Giver

Nov 12, 2018
Closing your browser while playing helps. Not holding the text skip button for extended periods of time also helps. But besides that it is performance-related. Your graphics card is simply not good enough to handle RPG maker MV's bad coding.
That is true, my laptop is an ancient 5500 Intel HD Family with core i5, probably that's why

Cancer Giver

Nov 12, 2018
Cancer Giver The freezing is related to RPG Maker MV's outdated Javascript node. As soon as you update it to a newer version the performance will increase.

Simply replace the files in your game with the downloaded files and start the game.

Good luck.
Thanks mate, I'll try it out

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
That is true, my laptop is an ancient 5500 Intel HD Family with core i5, probably that's why
i5 with Intel HD 4600 here and RPG Maker MV and MZ games run flawless. But, I also have to mention that I use Linux and not bloated Windows.

Cancer Giver

Nov 12, 2018

Good luck.
I have a question, both Sex Valley and Daily Live in Country Life is using different RPGMaker. So after I replaced the file, it won't open up, can you help me out?

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I have a question, both Sex Valley and Daily Live in Country Life is using different RPGMaker. So after I replaced the file, it won't open up, can you help me out?
Download a newer version of nw.js (eg. v0.54 or an older one) and extract the files into a new folder (right windows). On the left side you have the original game files (in this example I downloaded the compressed version). Compare the engine files with the game files and copy the game assets files and paste them into the engine files. Here you have to paste the "www" and "package.json" files (see marked files on the left) into the newer version of nw.js (right window). That's all.

The same you will have to do for the other game. Create a copy of your engine folder (right folder) and paste the other game's "www" and "package.json" files into it. Done.

Sometimes you have do use an older version of nw.js, because the newer ones are buggy. You can get all previous versions from here . Start from v0.52 and then go to the next higher version (v0.52.1/2 or v0.53).
1625380622092.png

Reactions: Cancer Giver

Cancer Giver

Nov 12, 2018
Download a newer version of nw.js (eg. v0.54 or an older one) and extract the files into a new folder (right windows). On the left side you have the original game files (in this example I downloaded the compressed version). Compare the engine files with the game files and copy the game assets files and paste them into the engine files. Here you have to paste the "www" and "package.json" files (see marked files on the left) into the newer version of nw.js (right window). That's all.

The same you will have to do for the other game. Create a copy of your engine folder (right folder) and paste the other game's "www" and "package.json" files into it. Done.

Sometimes you have do use an older version of nw.js, because the newer ones are buggy. You can get all previous versions from here . Start from v0.52 and then go to the next higher version (v0.52.1/2 or v0.53).
View attachment 1279949
I tried and it still freeze, step by step like you do and still freezing