Some Unity games are not taking any input or progressing their intro screens.

napala

Jun 12, 2017
I'm trying to play Unity games such as Pure Onyx or Pixie Panic Garden.
PPG does not advance past the logos (MegaBulge screen).
Pure Onyx does not advance past the "Press Any Key" sceen, no matter what I do. In the past, I even had a problem where it just refused to load past the Made with Unity screen, and got stuck in a gray screen. Thatfixed itslef after reinstalling Windows 10
PPG does not work now or before reinstalling Windows 10.

I've tried every solution I'd find on Internet, from fiddling with the display size on my Nvidia Config panel, to disabling my antivirus and firewall, and deleting the Unity folders in appdata.

On the other hand, other Unity games like Crowjob in Space do work as normal. Any ideas?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Usually a memory issue. You can check out the player.log file, which will have some feedback on what's going wrong.

It's in:
C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\CompanyName\ProductName\Player.log

napala

Jun 12, 2017
I don't think it's a memory issue, as now I remember I got Pure Onyx to run in a Virtual Machine, which of course had a lot less memory than my actual PC (which has 8GB (and a GTX1050 and a Core I5 7400 CPU))

Screenshot 2021-01-04 033229.png Screenshot 2021-01-04 033741.png

Is any of this info of any use?

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I don't think it's a memory issue, as now I remember I got Pure Onyx to run in a Virtual Machine, which of course had a lot less memory than my actual PC (which has 8GB (and a GTX1050 and a Core I5 7400 CPU))

View attachment 970532 View attachment 970533

Is any of this info of any use?
Looks like a reading/writing issue, hard to tell why with the tomato sauce covering half of the path.
Try running the game from a simple folder (C:/Game) or something, without weird symbols

Reactions: napala