someone help please

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
Does anyone know how I can compress a very large game so that it has a smaller compressed size.
I saw that many people have done this with large games I have an 11gb game and I wanted to leave it compressed into a smaller structure.:unsure:

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
Use this first with extract RPA archives options:
For Ren'py and rpg games you can use this method you mentioned.
But to use it in the game I want, I didn't enter the page where you left the link and read the instructions, it doesn't work for my 11gb game here.
The file I have here is a game and some programs that come with it to edit photos, videos, and make games.
Name |(Honey.Select).
I made a compression here by the 7zip system in another 11gb dropped to 9.87gb improved a little.
Thanks for the attention friend.... have a good week.(y)

Airell

Developer of Love and Corruption
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
Hmm, if a game weighs more than 5Gb I give up playing it. Downloading this is a huge pain in the ass so I don't think it's worth the effort.

TearStar

Developer of Lesbian/Futa Games
Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
For Ren'py and rpg games you can use this method you mentioned.
But to use it in the game I want, I didn't enter the page where you left the link and read the instructions, it doesn't work for my 11gb game here.
The file I have here is a game and some programs that come with it to edit photos, videos, and make games.
Name |(Honey.Select).
I made a compression here by the 7zip system in another 11gb dropped to 9.87gb improved a little.
Thanks for the attention friend.... have a good week.(y)
I think your best option currently is to find a Staff Member here. There is an actual role "game compressor" and maybe an "uploader" role. I assume they are willing to help you out since. And when not you at least tried. ^^

Reactions: Moricano

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
I think your best option currently is to find a Staff Member here. There is an actual role "game compressor" and maybe an "uploader" role. I assume they are willing to help you out since. And when not you at least tried
O'Que I got some understanding here on 7 zip using the other method, from 11gb it dropped to 9.87gb it improved a little.

TearStar

Developer of Lesbian/Futa Games
Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
The problem with hard compression is that it takes EXTRA effort on the end-users. If I were to say an example: You manage to compress it down to 4GB. Which makes you happy. However, when someone wants to unzip it, it makes it an hour to process if not more. Especially on lower-end PCs and laptops (OR phones if that support it).

Reactions: chainedpanda

FleshSac

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2020
Have you converted your images and animations into smaller formats? Each episode of my game used to be 2 gigs or more until I started converting my images to webp and animations to ogv. Now they're around 500-800 mb. Make sure you're saving as much space as you can before you attempt to compress the entirety of the file.

gingisep

Aug 6, 2020
Does anyone know how I can compress a very large game so that it has a smaller compressed size.
I saw that many people have done this with large games I have an 11gb game and I wanted to leave it compressed into a smaller structure.:unsure:

Usually I'd go with

Bash:
zip -r -s 2g the_game.zip ./GameDirectory
(2g means 2GB each file)

If you're unlucky and are working with WindowsTM should have similar options to split files.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
O'Que I got some understanding here on 7 zip using the other method, from 11gb it dropped to 9.87gb it improved a little.
zipping won't do it for images.

What you need to do to get the size down is to recompress the images themselves into another format like webm. That's how you get those 5GB -> 300mb compressions. (you probably don't want to compress that much, there is a cost to image quality. you need to find your sweet spot by trial and error.)

which format are they in now? jpeg? gif? bmp? whatever it is, that's your problem.

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
zipping won't do it for images.

What you need to do to get the size down is to recompress the images themselves into another format like webm. That's how you get those 5GB -> 300mb compressions. (you probably don't want to compress that much, there is a cost to image quality. you need to find your sweet spot by trial and error.)

which format are they in now? jpeg? gif? bmp? whatever it is, that's your problem.
Great explanation buddy, I'll try that then.
Thanks for the explanation... have a nice week.(y)

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
If you're unlucky and are working with WindowsTM should have similar options to split files
Ok thanks, I also wrote down your tip here.
thanks for your attention... have a nice week.(y)

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
Please note that I might have resolved the wrong problem: this one produce more smaller files, with the same original content.
It's good friend another member also explained to me a method about changing the extensions of images from jpg to webp and do some more things.... I'll try and see how it works thanks.

Reactions: gingisep

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
if its all about making your files smaller so it could be downloaded faster, you can use 7zip and compress it with 7z LZMA2 compression lvl 9.