Someone on this site has the perception that the games have been getting worse and more uninteresting since the beginning of 2020?

rafaek2545

Nov 18, 2018
Guys, I remember that in 2018-2019 good games used to be updated every 2-3 months and they were good updates and alongside the big games there were very good small games, since the beginning of 2020 with the pandemic do you have the perception that the games are getting worse and worse? with big delays in their updates and good small games being increasingly abandoned, sometimes I update the latest games page on the site for 30,60 even 90 days and in that period only no quality games appear, do you agree with me? if you agree what you think is the cause of this?

Reactions: Gearz24

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
No. Your perception is skewed for several reasons. Here are a few (others will probably point to more):

One is that the novelty of this genre has lost its luster for you, overall. Whether through simple exposure or just natural reduction over time.

Two is that the average time between updates really haven't changed - based upon what stage a game is in during their development. Because games early on have little content, they have little they need to add for it to feel fulfilling for both the developer and the audience. As they get deeper into their cycle, the vastness of their existing content means developers have a lot more content to tie in when they do make updates - either this means more complex or more content, and for some developers this means longer updates.

Three is that back in 2018-2019 there was a FRACTION of the games available on this site that there are today. There were around 5,000 games listed on this site in December 2019, in the first three years of this site. Now there are over 15,000 three years later. That's an increase of 200%. This vast increase in offering means that you will have greater exposure to a lot of games and while the quality percentage may remain the same - you may be focusing on the wrong data.

Four, speaking of the greater variety and quality of games - here is something where your observation may have credence. Because of the pandemic - many people saw the increase of interest in adult games and thought they could offset their earnings loss due to the pandemic by "making bank" and "get rich quick" by making their own games. Some also decided to take it up as a hobby. Some decided it was time to turn their gaming (adult or otherwise) passion into development - so because of this greater number of games being develop - the sheer numbers mean that greater quantities may have development issues. However, overall, the percentage of the issues you mention in your post really hasn't changed - it's just that there are 3x the number of games on here and so it seems more prevalent.

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
You just played all the good games, there are only so many good H-games that have been made. Most games in any genre are always boring, only few stand out for you, once you play them all, there is nothing more to play, but just to wait for a new one to appear.
Thus, enjoy the game you're playing right now, whatever it might be.

Reactions: Dr. Ronald Leopold

rafaek2545

Nov 18, 2018
Não. Sua percepção é distorcida por vários motivos. Aqui estão alguns (outros provavelmente apontarão para mais):

Uma é que a novidade desse gênero perdeu o brilho para você, em geral. Seja através da simples exposição ou apenas da redução natural ao longo do tempo.

A segunda é que o tempo médio entre as atualizações realmente não mudou - com base no estágio em que o jogo se encontra durante seu desenvolvimento. Como os jogos iniciais têm pouco conteúdo, eles têm pouco a acrescentar para que sejam gratificantes tanto para o desenvolvedor quanto para o público. À medida que se aprofundam no seu ciclo, a vastidão do seu conteúdo existente significa que os desenvolvedores têm muito mais conteúdo para vincular quando fazem atualizações - ou isso significa mais conteúdo complexo ou mais, e para alguns desenvolvedores isso significa atualizações mais longas.

A terceira é que em 2018-2019 havia uma FRAÇÃO dos jogos disponíveis neste site que existem hoje. Havia cerca de 5.000 jogos listados neste site em dezembro de 2019, nos primeiros três anos deste site. Agora, existem mais de 15.000, três anos depois. Isso é um aumento de 200%. Este grande aumento na oferta significa que você terá maior exposição a muitos jogos e, embora a porcentagem de qualidade possa permanecer a mesma, você pode estar se concentrando nos dados errados.

Quarto, falando da maior variedade e qualidade dos jogos – aqui está algo em que a sua observação pode ter credibilidade. Por causa da pandemia - muitas pessoas viram o aumento do interesse em jogos para adultos e pensaram que poderiam compensar a perda de rendimentos devido à pandemia "ganhando dinheiro" e "enriquecendo rapidamente" fazendo os seus próprios jogos. Alguns também decidiram adotar isso como hobby. Alguns decidiram que era hora de transformar sua paixão por jogos (adultos ou não) em desenvolvimento - portanto, devido ao maior número de jogos em desenvolvimento - os números absolutos significam que quantidades maiores podem ter problemas de desenvolvimento. No entanto, no geral, a percentagem de problemas que mencionas no teu post realmente não mudou - apenas há 3x o número de jogos aqui e por isso parece mais prevalecente.
[/CITAR]
For me, what you said only proves my point in the last 4 years the number of games has tripled but if you go to the most liked games page on this forum you will find on the first page 4 games completed 4 years ago, without updates and attention to the page for 4 years and they're still there.

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
For me, what you said only proves my point in the last 4 years the number of games has tripled but if you go to the most liked games page on this forum you will find on the first page 2 games completed 4 years ago, without updates and attention to the page for 4 years and they're still there.
A lot of devs came in after 2020, a lot of them don't have experience making games. Do realize than you're comparing 10+ years period against 3 year period.

Reactions: disturb-o-matic

rafaek2545

Nov 18, 2018
A lot of devs came in after 2020, a lot of them don't have experience making games. Do realize than you're comparing 10+ years period against 3 year period.
I'm comparing games without updates for 4 years with games that in the last 4 years have had several comebacks to the latest updates page and even so there are still 4 games from 4 years ago in the first liked games page, in a scenario that have way more games and old games still im the first page only proves that the new games and new updates are losing quality.

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
I'm comparing games without updates for 4 years with games that in the last 4 years have had several comebacks to the latest updates page and even so there are still 4 games from 4 years ago in the first liked games page, in a scenario that have way more games and old games still im the first page only proves that the new games and new updates are losing quality.
Do understand that further we go, the less "original" themes are available. I mean, I can spend next 4 hours doing research and calculations, just to prove how wrong you are. But I am too lazy to do that.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
[...] there are still 4 games from 4 years ago in the first liked games page, in a scenario that have way more games and old games still im the first page only proves that the new games and new updates are losing quality.
At what time have you considered that a 4 years old game have also had more years to received likes than, by example, a 2 years old game ? It doesn't mean that they are better, just that they are here since longer.
If you add to this the members renewal, those games were liked by peoples who don't come here anymore and by the newcomers. This while the new games can only be liked by the newcomers, what obviously lower the number of likes.
All this applying also to the number of rating and the number of posts.

Reactions: Vanderer

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
bullshit. only 4 games without an update in 4 years on the top 30 proves, if anything, that newer games and updates are better. how do you make 4 out of 30 to be a lot?

likes isn't a good way to measure quality. rated is better. sort for rated and it's also 4 out of 30 i think.

all this means old completed games are being overtaken on the list by newer or still active games, the opposite of what you're saying.

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
This is the same shit you hear when people talk about how music used to be so much better then it is now.
Off the top of my head I can probably name a two dozen songs from the 80's 90's or 00's each. I might listen to a couple hundred from each decade. yet thousands if not millions of songs where recorded and released over that period. If I listen to the current top 40 I might like 0-2 songs in it. If I go back and listen to the top 40 of week 12 19991 I might like 0-2 songs in that list. The mind loves to play tricks on you. You forget all the drek and only remember the good music as they are still played year on year so it reinforces the idea that music was better.
The same thing is going on here. You remember all the games that were updated regularly since you play it over and over and forget all the v0.01 versions you played since you only played that game once. So it doesn't have sticking power.

(There are other reasons why we like music from our youth like having many positive experiences during that period like dancing with that cute guy/girl, drinking with friends etc. Having more time to keep up with music, music being more important etc etc etc.)

Reactions: anne O'nymous

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
i agree, and now with ai in the fold, games are going to be even more soulless than before