VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Something Special [v0.1.13] [WonderGames]

1. 5.00 star(s)

yeezykanye

renders are amazing! dialogue seems natural especially between the family and also generally, surprised by the negative reception. has incest which is a bonus, not a lot of content and very sad to see the game abandoned! so close to being great! mc is generic but that is god so you can imprint on him as the player
  2. 5.00 star(s)

3DegreesTactical

The humor of the shit talking back and forth between MC and siblings. lol. Excellent dialog.
    Rendering of characters are on a level of their own. The attention to detail the creature put into this visual novel game is superb.

Now only if Annie wasn't so naïve and acting all dumb kid like, she might be tolerable.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

cosmosdad1

well it has all been said, but in the middle of playing this game, i decided to put my 2 cents worth in. i like the models, only a few of their facial expressions look weird. the writing is quite awful and really makes no sense at all, very odd characters. the obsession with Annie makes me want to vomit at times and the dream sequences need to be removed. i would like more with Victoria and the oldest sister tbh. i am still working my way through it as there are aspects i do enjoy.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

dgreen1108

Game has good graphics, however the "choices" aren't really choices. This game is so god damned linear it pisses me off. You tell Tina to get lost and you still ending getting your dick sucked. The overbearing amazon Aunt tells you to get a job or she'll enlist you in the navy (which I don't believe anyone can actually enlist someone else) so fuck this game. Don't offer choices that are not in fact choices.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

jmcronshaw

not really very good. Thought i'd give it a try because it's got nice tags and nice looking models. Animations aren't bad but the sex scenes themselves aren't put together that great and just end without any kind of transition render after the animation is complete, often the woman will just be dressed and talking about something else. The writing is not great either, it's comprehensible for the most part but stilted and awkward. The biggest negative is the progress and structure of the narrative itself. There are choices but it's nearly impossible to determine exactly what they are suppose to be for; corruption? love? dominance? submission? It's completely opaque and really doesn't seem to matter a whole lot anyway. The dev should have a transparent stat system or just make it a kinetic novel.
    A game like this could be salvageable with good and frequent sex but that isn't really here either and without more lewd content probably not worth people's time right now.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

Justbrian74

Everyone else has said it. The game started out well enough, but it went to garbage. The characters are inconsistent and terribly written. The story fell apart. It feels like the Dev purposely sabotaged his own VN.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

Darklord_1965

What can I say that hasn't already been said multiple times and in more details. It started nice and then all went to hell. I tried to give it a chance but every updates makes me wonder where is this story going. Updates are too small and the characters for the most part suck. This game has no direction whatsoever. MC is an asshole, the translation needs improvement and the amount of content for how old this game is not worth it. Renders are nice but that's it.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

hakarlman

Wow. Finally a Harem game where the MC acts tastefully aggressive, and doesn't act like a weak, lovey dovey, little bitch. The MC actually has game and knows the importance of being assertive, while doing hard flirts, playing games, being in control, being the one that does the seduction.

Kate is hands down the best with those super long legs. The tease of her not wearing underwear at times is well done. When she's in that bikini at the pool, that's a total win.

Renders are above average, well done.

The game could use one or two seductive music beats. That would add a nice touch.

What I like is that most of the conversation is focused around seduction & flirting, instead of talking about pointless dumb shit.

However, the writing is still a raw and needs refinement, but the meat of it works good. I want to re-iterate how much I like how the MC is aggressive and does very hard flirts with the girls, so they know whose boss, but he still eases up and knows when to be sweet, to avoid being an asshole.

I hope more Harem games learn from this game. This is how you do Harem right, with an MC that knows how to treat women.

If you add the incest patch, it gets even more fucked up!

Writing definitely needs refinement though. It's more of a rough draft in the current state, but you can feel the tension between the MC and the girls.

I'd prefer the girls not ask you out though, and instead you continue to seduce them and ask them out on dates. The tina girl in the shower is a bit too aggressive, it's a turn off. But later on, it turns out decent.

At the party, the MC acts a bit too aggressive with Kate. It's all about playing the game, and the women are aware of it too, but if you cross the line, it can be a bit too much. MC crossed the line, that's no good. That scenario could use a revamp in the writing department.
  9. 1.00 star(s)

hermandos1

I won't be original in my review, as others mentioned this game is horrible. Mc is a total moron and his interaction with the girls is nonsensical; for instance, he is very rude towards all the characters despite being a freeloader in Victoria's house (normally she would throw him out) but all girls still are head over heels for him. And his sick obsession with Annie is disturbing at least. I could write off more stupidities present in this game but it is a waste of time to do so - just a warning for potential players - it is not worth playing.
  10. 1.00 star(s)

Mauser45

The game started out with enough promise. It was never a stand-out game, with a pretty average plot (which could've been developed, but never was), but the renders were pretty good

However, the game seems to be stuck in limbo. There's absolutely NO progress going back several updates, choices are absolutely redundant and the MC is a total jerk. If that was a choice, then fair enough, but we're stuck playing as an asshole who takes advantage of the women in his life, treats them like garbage and seems to do nothing but whinge

Beyond the renders, there's very little to like about this game. The plot is stunted, the characters are badly developed and the MC behaves more like an antagonist who has no clue what he actually wants than someone you'd willingly root for
  11. 1.00 star(s)

Drill Sergeant

Good Renders and all. Really good characters but no real story progression. The mom and the other sister looks really hot. But sadly the dev wont progress their story. Might change the review if after few updates there is some development and progress. The dev keeps on adding diary pages which adds no real value to the story. Some story progression should have been done. Not new story same old cliche but that's fine. My two cents wait a few more updates before playing, you wont lose on anything.
  12. 2.00 star(s)

narcizze

The game is too focused on the little sister which is kinda sad, there are far more interesting girls in the game than the little "naive and frankly" booring sister. Meg is far more interesting and even the mother or the sister is far more appealing.

and the game keeps pulling you to the little sister at every turn, you have no real choices more than follow the mind of the MC and the MC acts way to immature for being around 20 something or even older.
    He acts as if he is in his teens and have no life experience what so ever in dealing with people. He is abrasive and cant iteract with people without beeing an absulute @ss. The idea of the game is like all other it feels by the time I played the game 0.18, but the MCs is not acting like either a brother or a son, just like an @ss to all people he meets. The writing isn´t bad it quite good from time to time and the renders are good and I like that the renders are quite different from all generic ones.

But the MC behaving like a teenager while looking like he is closer to late 20s than earlier teens makes this a NO for me.

Good luck with future endevours tho.
  13. 1.00 star(s)

Abhai

Quite easily one of the worst games/vns around.
    The characters are so badly written it hurts to play most of the time.
    The plot is the mess, the choices are nonexistent, the overall progress is negative. Some of the girls are hotties, which makes things even worse for those who might venture in, and try this "game".
    p.s.
    the only reason this game holds its 2+stars rating is 4-5 five stars early reviews (including bots and supportive/friendly users), based on demo with hot-looking girls, when there still was a hope it could turn to be a decent enough game...
  14. 1.00 star(s)

raulz0r

Game started out nicely, but after you advance in it, you start to wonder if the dev actually has a game structure in his head or does things just randomly, there is almost no story at all, things just happen. Also the MC is an asshole.
  15. 2.00 star(s)

steveredrock

Same as most of the other reviews that I have read after playing version 1.7.
    It has poorly written characters.
    Meaningless choices. - You options are "A". There are no 'B' or 'C'.
    Suggestion: Change those into story dialog.
  16. 1.00 star(s)

bosp

I got curious after a couple of guys facepalmed my comment about the standard overused and abused cliches 9995 games on F95 are using so I gave it a shot...
    Sadly, wasted an hour of my life I will never get back since on top of the overused standard F95 moronic game cliches (doing yoga, amnesia, etc) dialogues in this game (and MC behaviour) are definitely written for the feeble-minded members of society.

If there was a 0 star rating, this game would deserve it.
  17. 1.00 star(s)

Lillyae

Basically waited 1 year and content added is almost non exsistent to the point where I thought I downloaded the wrong version. Many updates came in past year and I have no idea what would it be like playing with each new update, 1/4 scene per update ?

Graphics are good but thats about it. Plot and characters them self make no sense and are badly translated. I have no idea how is this possible with such little content.
  18. 1.00 star(s)

BeansAndToast

The updates are infrequent and small, the characters' personalities are inconsistently written, the translation is terrible, characters are constantly introduced and dropped, and there's very little content for how old this game is. Don't waste your time on it, I would rate it lower if I could.
  19. 1.00 star(s)

Bob Jared

Nonsensical pacing.
    Poorly written characters.
    Below average renders. (despite all the praise I've seen in the thread)
    Meaningless "choices".

Most of all, the ugly neighbor with a horrible personality is forced of us even if we select all the "choices" to avoid her. Meanwhile, she is the only one to progress past fully-clothed groping by the point where I quit. (which was pretty far in)
  20. 2.00 star(s)

UselessSphinx

UGH! I wanted to pull my hair out with this one.

Story gaps: You're supposed to split the day between Kate and Annie, but you end up spending time watching a movie with Victoria. WTF??? Then you are supposed to meet Kate at the pool but it's Annie. Then she bolts and you wait for Kate, but she never shows up. Tina does. I tried to leave, and just ended up staying anyway. I didn't make it any further than that.

MC: The MC has zero spine. You get all big in front of the ex military chick, but then you buckle. Then she confronts you in front of Annie's door, and basically threatens you and you do nothing.

The women look good

Overall
    This is a cluster of a VN. Story gaps killed it right from the gate for me, and the MC being a spineless dude. Just scrap this and start over. I do remember trying this one way back in September. Looks like nothing has been fixed. Give this one a pass.