VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Alfius

Nice one!

I have to admit, I initially did not get into the story that much. I did not really connect with the MC. Even halfway through, I kinda thought," The writing is good, but it does not do it for me." I think I will give it 4 stars at the most.

Even the erotic content was not doing it for me, It's definitely there, but from the start, you could feel that it's not a core focus of the game. For instance, the girls would talk a bout a second round of sex, and then the screen would just go to black.

But towards the end, The writing in my view was just so good. The ending and the closure of all the characters were awesomely done. Although the game had a harem feel to it, it never felt like a fuck festival. The girls although they liked each other as friends were never "happy" to share you. They kind of just avoided that topic.

That all contributed to a very realistic setting and dynamic between the characters. And like life, good times never last forever, and your group had to break up at some stage. I literally loved the last part of the game and the last part actually lifted the first part of the game as well.

The MC is still not my favourite MC of games I have played.

I would not rate this a normal Adult Game, but it's a damn good Visual novel with some adult parts in it.

So
    Character model : 8/10
    Story: 10/10
    Sex scenes: 9/10
    Renders: 8/10

Definitely reccomended
  2. 5.00 star(s)

frank0990

At the start I wasn't really feeling it.. but wow, the more I played it the more engaged I got with the story. Good dialogue with a deep story is a perfect combination for me. Really felt connected with the characters. Renders look good and although there are no animations, I didn't care. The overall experience was great.
    I recommend you play it with Koga3's sound mod and with a transparent text box mod, made it much more enjoyable for me.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

zerofreak

Although the game isn't perfect, I give this game five stars because I really enjoyed it and I think that anybody that plays it will enjoy in some way or another.
    I must say that girls are awesome, not in the graphic term, which they are quite good but not at top games level, but in their personality. We must understand that this is a semi-harem game, si they are quite easy, but they have their own traits, problems and interests. I really fell in love with all them and their relationship with MC.
    As one of the main pros of this game I would say that all characters are graphically believable, yes they are well endowed, but not humongous asses or tits.
    In the cons, I felt that a lot of scenes required more Cgs as, several events, are narrated without images and a black screen.
    Similar to many request... I want a full harem ending :cool:
  4. F
    5.00 star(s)

Faraway Son

This is a brilliant example of, how deep and entertaining, visual novel games can become! The characters are distinct with their own unique personalities. Choices you make are remembered throughout the storyline. Relationships are organic and changeable. I totally, totally love this game.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

edit99

Mister Bombastic nailed pretty much every point I wanted to make so I'm not going to write much. What saved the game for me (if you can say that) were Lyndie and Dru characters because I'm a sucker for that type.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

deckardz2019

This is an exceptionally deep story, great flexibility in terms of how the MC interacts with the girls. Wonderful backstories, great writing. It is about a college writer and author but even so, the characters all see a bit more high-falluting than I would expect in any set of real people. I have played through all endings the natural way, and they were all written out to satisfaction, in general. Would love to see a "final" version that fleshes things out, with maybe more animations and images for the endings, but this wrapped up nicely so far
  7. 4.00 star(s)

stateOfMindX5

Good little gem of a game, with a surprisingly deep story and engaging characters. My only complaint here is that the H-scenes are somewhat disappointing, with few images and no real animations. Still would recommend this game.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

KevK13

It's a really good game. I've greatly enjoyed the writing and dialogues. It quickly becomes apparent that this game was given more thought than you're run of the mill fuckfest. Overall, the story is good, the characters believable and the visuals nice.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

cxx

good graphics, great story with twists and turns with plenty of humor and plenty to play and too sweet endings. can't ask more.

game has plenty of sexscenes so can't complain about lack of those, each character is unique and also crazy on their own way.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

DunnS

The game is pretty good, the story is ok and sex scenes too tho i wished there were more for each character. The script sometimes feels like its going in circles but the dev managed to give a good enough conclussion.

Also, Aoife besto girl
  11. 4.00 star(s)

SilverSoul83

Perhaps I wish the story were longer.
    The graphics are pretty good.
    Animations OK.
    Quite a lot of romantic interests and varied models.
    Good characterization, entertaining dialogues.
    And overall an optimistic story of people bettering themselves.
    A good product.
    I wish the author the best in his next projects.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

TheSidewinder

I write very few reviews, but I have to for this VN.

It's definitely on my list of 10 all-time favorites, and ranks near the top. But it's only the first chapter of what is planned to be a trilogy, with cross-over elements, and I am definitely looking forward to seeing the next chapters.

The story is engaging, heart-warming at times, erotic at times, a bit heartbreaking at times, but hilarious at times. Its author is a legitimate Writer as well as a Developer.

There are 9 possible endings, two of which involve more than one woman (though the Harem tag can't really be applied since you do have to choose who you end up with).

There are also a couple of very good walkthroughs for this, if that's your preference.

A solid 5 stars.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Staerin

Great writing along with interesting story. It's sad to see the story end. I hope to see more from these devs in the future. They were timely on releases, the content of each release was significant and most startling these days... they didn't quit halfway through development.
  14. 3.00 star(s)

DZ666

It's okay. I'm not going to get into analyzing the plot or the story, because for me that wasn't as relevant as the "fun" bits. When people come to F95 for these kinds of games, they generally do it to get their rocks off, so to speak, and while you could technically do that with this, there are definitely better options out there. The writing for the story itself and its paths is okay, but the sex scenes are definitely subpar. H Games that really stand out and gain traction seem to have a solid core theme or fetish or at least a really fun or even just rather personable MC, and this really didn't seem to. I suppose if you have to have a black MC for fetish or maybe self-insert reasons, you don't have many options, so this could be worth your time, but otherwise I'd probably have to recommend that you give it a pass.

Again, it's not bad, but it's not going to wow you either, thus the mid-range score. The very first couple scenes can pretty adequately set your expectations moving forward.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Shyguy1369

Just finished the latest chapter, and if you're not playing through this VN, you really need to. What's done here is fantastic writing, great renders and yes has some fun lewd scenes. If you're looking for pure fap material, you may want to go elsewhere, but if you're looking for amazing story telling. A roller coaster of emotions. Then this is one VN you need to check out.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

styrany

tl;dr: in my opinion, definitely worth playing, overall very good and non-linear VN

When it comes to a visual side of the game, inside STWA you will find number of good looking characters. Not top-notch, not trash, just overall good. Same goes for sceneries, backgrounds and all that. It is pleasent to eye, but certainly there is a lot of room for improvement. However, to me visuals is a secondary thing next the novel aspect of the game, and this is where STWA really shines.

You are gonna experience a engaging, relation-focused story, quite uneventful for much of the time - but I wouldn't say boring. Slow pace is one of the advantages, cause it allows you to really dive into the presented world and character. Adult content is an optional addition to this game and not main theme (for me this is always huge plus). And what is worth mentioning, from what I can tell, it is quite non-linear story (for VN anyway).

Characters you are going to meet are very distinguishable. Each girl has unique personality. Most of them are very likeable. However, truth be told, none of the characters got me hooked up. Not really. Sometimes you just know from the start that you like this or that girl. For me it was not the case... UNTIL later in the story certain character is introduced and turns the world upside down. In my opinion,
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    is a real sweetheart, a treasure and the brightest star of the game.

Give it a try! Fingers crossed for this project.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

Version Played: Ch. 7.1

Time to Complete: 7 hours

TL;DR: "This game's strength is in its emotions as it shines brightly in it's own darkness."

[4.5/5] Story: This game doesn't have a great first impression, but as you learn more about the characters and the story, it starts to become harder and harder to pull yourself away. This game's strength is in its emotions as it shines brightly in it's own darkness. A few rough and sensitive topics are covered throughout the game, and while some other games may be even harsher on the emotions than this, this game succeeds where they've failed and made me uproot old and otherwise buried emotions.

[4/5] Renders: This game looks good and for a dev's first game, it is impressive. The colors look good, there is no noise, and the scenes generally look full and real. The only issue I have is that some scenes scenes use assets that are clearly intended to be in the distance having low resolution textures.

[*] Why I love this game: This game speaks to me. I relate to many of the characters in one way or another and during one of the darker patches in the game, I actually had to stop and message one friend a few paragraphs about my old emotions and remind them how much I appreciate and care for them, probably while tearing up as I poured out my heart and soul.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

LouWill

Not quite five stars but close.

- Attention to sex scenes isn't given nearly the same polish as the rest of the writing.
    - You can tell the dev is experienced, so the lack of punctuation and throng of spelling mistakes is disappointing.
    - It's not a crime to show the mc's face fully.. I don't know what purpose obstructing the face serves, beyond irritating the audience.
    - Underwhelming renders and lighting.

+ Fleshed out characters. All the girls are distinct and you feel for them. I have trouble picking a favourite girl. Dru is my current pick.
    + Good conversations. Very hard to do for most devs.
    + A harem game if you want it, and it's done organically.
    + Meaningful choices.

Verdict: A worthy download.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

dirtythirty

Just had to go through all 6 available chapters in one sitting and I got so invested, I actually cried a bit at the end 6th chapter.

I really have hard time choosing best-girl as all characters have depth to them that make them believable. There are feels, there are reconciliations with past pains and obviously there are gorgeous girls inexplicably being drawn to protagonist.

As characters get to know each other H-scenes naturally follow the story. "Something to Write About: The Author" uses harem-game dressing to tell character driven story with ero elements.

is willing to subvert and callout genre tropes to avoid being collection of x-number or clips per character and delivers h-scenes that are impactful respectful to characters.

I immensely enjoyed the game (ver 0.6.2 playthrough). I definitely didn't come here for feelings and chopped onions, but I am glad I found them.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2024661

To be honest, I am upset at myself for not reading this from the start, but I am thankful because I had so much at one time. I have been reading these stories for over a year and there have been some very good stories, but this hands down has been the best.

I was intrigued, laughed (loudly), felt compassion, and even empathized with some of the characters. This had my attention from the time I downloaded it until the time I finished the last sentence. I have no choice but to support it because if it were a book I would have purchased it without pause.

I thank you for the time and effort you put into the story and the character development. I look forward to your next admission.