VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

1. 4.00 star(s)

notaku7

Positives: A well written story without any spelling/grammar errors that jumped out to me and no glitches/game-crashing bugs. The character models didn't seem generic to me. The game also hints at the characters having their own unique problems that humanize them, which is a lot more than I can say for many other popular games. Though, the writing does come off as a bit edgy, with characters saying they're "broken." With that being said, I like edgy and I think that it makes this game different in a good way.

Meh: The renders are fine, but nothing eye-catching in my opinion. The few sex scenes shown were also pretty mediocre. The chapters aren't short, but I personally prefer really long chapters/updates. That's just my personal preference though. There was also a very minor annoyance in chapter 2 when the player character's name stopped showing up when he spoke.

Negatives: The scene with Lyndie being harassed was cringe-worthy in my opinion, but that was probably the only scene I had an issue with.

Overall, a very promising game with good writing and interesting character work. I'm looking forward to future updates. Nice work, dev.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

RanchFTW

Excellent start thus far. The story is good, renders are nice, girls are a pleasant mix, and all in all I'm really enjoying the direction of the game so far. The protagonist isn't a stereotypical creep, and can even be very reserved with all the girls through choices. It sounds weird I know, but I prefer to take things slow in games normally. That said, if you like sex immediately, there are options there for that from almost the beginning. Definitely looking forward to more, and think I'll support this one.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

UselessSphinx

Good start to an interesting story.
    The characters have depth.
    Didn't notice any glitches, or errors. Pretty smooth transition with the chapters.
    Looking forward to where this goes from here. Keep up the good work
    Thanks for sharing
  4. 4.00 star(s)

botc76

Very good first chapter.
    Well written, interesting story, beautiful women and unlike what some in the thread write, they are not that cliched, I found them rather interesting, while not being particularly special, they are not the standard characters we meet in most games here.

If the quality remains that high and the updates come at a regular pace and with satisfying content, this is another game that could earn a five and not because of what it might one day be, but because of what it actually is.