Ren'Py - Abandoned - Son of a Rich [v0.2.1] [DikyDik]

1. 5.00 star(s)

John64

I liked this game. Renders are very nice. As well as models (except boss' elder daughter - has some problems with the nose). Main "Cons" is that your choices actually don't matter. Make a "choice": and if you make a wrong "choice" - you get immediate "game over". Wut??? Seriously?? I don't get it: why put such hoax "choice" in the game at all?? Maybe that's because the early stage of development or smth.
    "But" having said all that - I still recommend to try it. The language is decent and the story (at least the story setup) is intriguing.
    PS. As I understood the game is not "Abandoned" yet, it's "On Hold". Until the developer solves his University issues. So I do hope that he returns to this game as he promised. Good luck with studies and with the game development.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

redus

great game for now hope it doesn't get abandoned as this has great potential. also the rating has been lowered by one guy who didn't play the game properly or just skipped it. the game has game over choices in this early version so don't know how he said this game has no choices and the graphics are also nice in this
  3. 5.00 star(s)

ludobico

i think this is an excellent product. there's a good story and the characters are very sexy. even though - until now - there aren't so many scenes, it is really promising.
    i hope the dev could find the right amount of time in order to make updates faster
  4. 3.00 star(s)

RandyPhoenix

Good Points
    + UI/HUD looks good and modern.
    + Story seems interesting and looks well-written. The storytelling is a little bit odd but feels well-made as well.
    +Our game has some sound effects when MC punches the desk, etc, and while it's a small thing it gives an immersive feeling.
    + Visual/render quality looks good.
    + Sex animations are well-made and look good. Sex scenes have lots of different angles with different animations. Animation loops can be a little bit longer tho, like 1-2 seconds more, but not too much.

Bad Points
    - Scene transition effects little bit too slow and they can annoy you or tire your eyes, they do need to change.
    - There are some typos here and there, sometimes they can be annoying and mix your head about the story.
    they are tiring eyes a little bit. Maybe you should make that transition effects a little bit faster than this.
    - The game doesn't have enough content, we need more content.
    - It's sadly abandoned, and the current content level is not good enough to play despite the abandoned tag.

For The End
    Honestly, this game had great potential, but it's abandoned now, and seems like that potential going to be wasted.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

MrFriendly

Another game where your choices don't matter, the MC is a disgusting horny pervert who makes dumb choices, and nothing is explained to the player which creates the illusion of mystery. This is a poorly made fuck fantasy with a wimp for a MC.

Pros: Decent renders

Cons: The story, the MC, the personalities of all of the characters, the lack of meaningful choices, and everything that isn't a render.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

katmandomo

Version 0.2 update

The dev has done a fairly major rework of the game, turning it into a VN and removing most of the useless free roaming that plagued the 0.1 version. The story also advances now which is a huge plus. When you do get a free roaming scene the game usually tells you where you need to go as well.

My only complaint is that I ran into some bugginess with selecting options, where they would loop back and make me select again. A second selection seemed to fix it in all cases but one, and in the last case I had to shut down and reload the game from a save file to progress.

Version reviewed: 0.1

This is a day simulator/relationship builder type game. You are a layabout rich kid who's dad suddenly dies. A mysterious "co-worker" shows up and flies you out to his house filled with hotties that don't like to cover their butt. Since your thoughts consist entirely of "nice ass" and "gorgeous tits" you immediately try to bone all of them.

The graphics are lovely, and although I think the models are Honey Select they've had a lot of work put into them to make them look different than every other Honey Select game. Generally the proportions on the girls is good, with some titmonsters in the intro not reappearing later.

The gameplay is where this game loses it stars. It starts out as a VN which is perfectly fine, but then it switches to the "wander around a huge mansion one room at a time looking for something to click on to advance the story, 4 times a day." There is always exactly only one thing that will advance the story and not a single clue as to where that next story advancement spot will be, so you have to exhaustively search the mansion every time until something happens. It's a big mansion too with many rooms to check. There is no girldar. No hint system. No relationship tracker. There is also a huge outside world filled with another dozen locations, almost all of which throw up a "not yet implemented" banner upon visiting them.

I don't even know if I finished the current game or not. I got about two scenes with each girl and then spent an entire day trying every single room in the mansion and coming up with only "in my mind I not disturb her now" prompts.

The translation is kind of rough and it's not terribly interesting yet. The business parter is the only character with anything interesting thus far. All of the women are completely one dimentional cliches like "bitchy but horny older sister" and "bookish younger sister wants you to teach her how to be a girlfriend." The MC as aforementioned is just "hurrr butts" and "OMG what a shocking development".

This is the very first version so it's a bit unfair to criticize the shallow content, but it feels like the developer spent a whole lot of time rendering beautiful locations and not much time working on the story or gameplay. The graphics are nice, but honestly in its current form it would be better off as a straight up VN, but it would also be a very short game as a VN. The relationships are also moving at warp 9. Two interactions in and we're being asked to buy dildoes, become a sex teacher, and doing yoga dry humping. The maid character also hits you with "I'm here to SERVICE all of your NEEDS anytime MASTER" from stage one.