Soni vegas for render videos to Renpy

c.Shadow

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2020
I would like to ask if anyone knows how I can render Sony Vegas videos for Renpy.
I mainly want to render to a 1920 x 1080 format, in which renpy accepts the format, size and image quality are acceptable
I know that Daz studio is probably better for this, but I prefer to use vegas since I have a better command of it.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Do you mean making animations in Sony Vegas? Or do you mean putting your renders/image series of renders into Sony Vegas and rendering them? If it's the former, then it's not possible.

If you mean putting your images series (which you should be rendering to with Daz), then just import them as an image sequence and edit from there. The best overall format for Ren'py videos is WebM/VP8 or VP9, which I'm not sure Vegas does.

Reactions: c.Shadow

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I would like to ask if anyone knows how I can render Sony Vegas videos for Renpy.
Option 1: By exporting in MP4 (not sure if it support the right version) or MPEG-2, for the video, and Vorbis or MP3 for the audio.
Option 2: By exporting in whatever format then converting to VP9/Vorbis in a WEBM container.

c.Shadow

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2020
Do you mean making animations in Sony Vegas? Or do you mean putting your renders/image series of renders into Sony Vegas and rendering them? If it's the former, then it's not possible.

If you mean putting your images series (which you should be rendering to with Daz), then just import them as an image sequence and edit from there. The best overall format for Ren'py videos is WebM/VP8 or VP9, which I'm not sure Vegas does.
Let me explain, I use Honey select to create everything... movement, scenes etc... I record them with obs in mp4 format... and in soni vegas I edit that recording to give it sound effects and so on... What I am trying to find is a format that is compatible with ren'py in which it does not lose image quality and is not heavy either.
I was experimenting all night and found a .mpg format which helped me by putting the videos in 1920x1080 but I feel that the weight of the video is too much since it is 1 mega per second, I tried to convert it to .webm format with format factory but it takes a long time pass them and the quality drops too much.

c.Shadow

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2020
Option 1: By exporting in MP4 (not sure if it support the right version) or MPEG-2, for the video, and Vorbis or MP3 for the audio.
Option 2: By exporting in whatever format then converting to VP9/Vorbis in a WEBM container.
Yesterday I found a .mpg format which helped me by putting the videos in 1920x1080 in Ren'py but I feel that the weight of the video is too much since it is 1 mega per second for example 5 seconds is 5 megabytes, I think the file is very heavy since I have seen other videos that do not weigh so much and do not lose quality.
I also tried to pass it to .webm format with format factory but it takes a long time to pass them and the quality drops too much.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Let me explain, I use Honey select to create everything... movement, scenes etc... I record them with obs in mp4 format... and in soni vegas I edit that recording to give it sound effects and so on... What I am trying to find is a format that is compatible with ren'py in which it does not lose image quality and is not heavy either.
I was experimenting all night and found a .mpg format which helped me by putting the videos in 1920x1080 but I feel that the weight of the video is too much since it is 1 mega per second, I tried to convert it to .webm format with format factory but it takes a long time pass them and the quality drops too much.
I use premier pro, the settings I use spits out an mpg I think, dunno off the top of my head I just let ot do its thing. But I them convert them to wbem with handbrake.

c.Shadow

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2020
I use premier pro, the settings I use spits out an mpg I think, dunno off the top of my head I just let ot do its thing. But I them convert them to wbem with handbrake.
Oh okay.. i will try thx a lot