Sorting and version

vapeme21

Jul 3, 2017
I highly doubt it but is there a way to get people who post here to stick to a set version method and then make a way to sort by said version? So sick of looking at seeing .0.0.0.0.0.1 or .01abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz naming convention. I'd say 40% of the games i see like this never make it to a second version then never get an abandoned tag, 90% never make it the half way point, and only .00000000000000000000001% seem to ever make it complete, but yet there's 10 or so new games every day with maybe a single scene, version .000000000001, and then put a patron link on there.

Do they really expect to get ppl to donate ? I dont understand.

• Haha
Reactions: 9thCrux

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
People will number their versions the way they want, that's down to the dev. These are amateur devs doing something as a hobby, they don't care about version numbers and shit like that.

Most devs number them in a way that helps them like the date it was made or what chapter and day they are up to.

What is it you are asking anyway?

You start off ranting about version numbers then go off about abandoned games and patreon.

Again, amateur devs. Most don't realise the amount of work it takes on top of full time jobs and spending time with a family. They release what they make and if no one seems to like it they give up. It's not just about financial support but there is no point carrying on with a game people seem to hate.

You have those that think they will make quick cash and their game will bring in thousands. They won't but that's on them.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Like someone wiser than me said right above, the version numbering is up to the dev, who have 2 over 3 chances to not even know that his game is available here.

Personally I don't see myself asking them to comply to a given version numbering. I mean, I'm a shy guy, I wouldn't know how to start the discussion addressing this very important point.

Anyway, what should we do if they don't comply ? Should we ban their game, that we share without their consent ?
Isn't it a little too harsh ? Should a poor innocent game be punished just because its author don't want to comply to our, incontestably great, rules ?

I dont understand.
Exactly my thoughts passed the first line of your message.