"sound" issue

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Hey.

I had to reinstall my OS on my PC but now when I play renpy games, everytime there's an animation, I have crackling sound. It's like the processor struggles to play it. It's strange because this never happened and I played over 400 of these. Even a single little animation triggers it. Maybe I'm missing some codec that I don't remember having? It's probably some lame problem but I thought I could ask before I start installing shit. Let me know if you need any info on hardware/software I have installed.

Thank you.

Last edited:

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
Why did you have to reinstall your OS? Does the crackling only occur with Ren'py games or with any sound?

Crackling sound is one of those PC problems that is a bitch to resolve because it can be caused by literally dozens of different hardware and software issues. But if you didn't change any hardware (including cables) and have a fresh OS that narrows it down somewhat.

First thing I'd try is installing the newest drivers for all your stuff and not just the generic ones Windows gives you. Especially the chipset and sound drivers.

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Why did you have to reinstall your OS? Does the crackling only occur with Ren'py games or with any sound?

Crackling sound is one of those PC problems that is a bitch to resolve because it can be caused by literally dozens of different hardware and software issues. But if you didn't change any hardware (including cables) and have a fresh OS that narrows it down somewhat.

First thing I'd try is installing the newest drivers for all your stuff and not just the generic ones Windows gives you. Especially the chipset and sound drivers.
Yeah I know it can be lots of things that's why I asked, it could be a known issue and it could save me a lot of time trying to figure it out.
Tks for your time.