Ren'Py Sound Volume! for God's sake use this code and stop hurting my ears.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Do you not have this?
Or an off button on the speakers, when not a sound level wheel ?
Note: This is a serious question, do they still are doing this or not...

Deleted member 3735541

Game Developer
May 24, 2021
i'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that the dev of whatever game he played amplified his sound files to maximum levels

DiviDreamer

Aug 29, 2020
Oh cool you all guys so smart, i guess it wasn't problem after all, it's so common for some devs to solve problem like that.
Why don't you close your eyes every time you see overbrighted renders in game, instead solve it on game level using "broadcast safe" (y)

• Angry
Reactions: anne O'nymous

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
I'm with OP on this one. Renpy default sound settings are loud. Like 2 to 3 rimes louder than a normal game. Often got to turn them down to 1/5th or something for normal pleasant sound level.

Has nothing to do with your sound settings. Mine are set up where everything is fine to listing to between 80-100%, except renpy games. They are just way louder than the normalised value.

DiviDreamer

Aug 29, 2020
I'm with OP on this one. Renpy default sound settings are loud. Like 2 to 3 rimes louder than a normal game. Often got to turn them down to 1/5th or something for normal pleasant sound level.

Has nothing to do with your sound settings. Mine are set up where everything is fine to listing to between 80-100%, except renpy games. They are just way louder than the normalised value.
That exactly why i use this code, I have that kind problems with about 80% Renpy games.
PLUS you can pre-balance Sound-Voice-Music bars before user can get to Preferences. And "show" your vision
of sound to music balance and present your intendet "mood" of of the game.

Reactions: osanaiko
Dec 20, 2022
Yeah I do prefer to adjust the app volume so that my system volume stays the same for the most part, personally. So it's nice for the app volume to start lowered so I can raise it if necessary.