VN - Ren'Py - Space Rescue: Code Pink [v11.0] [Robin]

1. 5.00 star(s)

frankdark

the game really have potencial and an awensomes animations real good look. The only thing that i want that the develop change it´s to make more mature content with hairy milf or something like that but maybe this is not that king of game and developer
  2. 5.00 star(s)

accnt4

I reviewed this game in November 2019, so four years down the road it's due for an update.

I gave SRCP five stars in that first review based on the promise of what it showed in that very early stage of development. There was only a small amount of content, one or two characters if I recall, but the art was quality and the characters all had distinct personalities that made their stories charming and endearing.

Four years later, I'd say that the game has lived up to that promise. The art remains exceptional and Robin (JoyRideX) has done an excellent job of building a much expanded roster of characters with their own personalities, body types, and aesthetics. The stories are fun, light, and campy, which feels rather rare in this genre.

The game isn't without its quirks. As of v10.0 there's an unfortunate lack of a scene gallery and hint guide, though you can find hints in the posts here. The minigames are also a bit of a mixed bag, but there's a skip option for all of them so I can't call this a downside.

It's also seemingly given up on allowing a sandbox approach to the different character storylines in favor of a linear sequence of stories. Characters stay around once you finish their story and you can go back for a fun time at any point, but this place that the game has ended up in where it has multiple separate storylines in the style of a sandbox game but has you do all of them in sequence doesn't feel ideal. I recognize that reconfiguring it into a sandbox game would be difficult given that some stories are now dependent on others, but my preference would be to interweave some of them so that more than one is progressing at any time, more in the style of a traditional linear VN.

That said, the things that I enjoy about this game - the art, the characters, the storylines - far outweighs the negatives, which are more nuisances than anything. It's certainly not a perfect game, but five stars is hardly reserved for perfection at this point and I'm happy to give it that score.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

libertypics

Update... as of 0.5.0 I have to dock it a star and drop it to 3, it's sandbox clicky open world but no walkthrough or decent hint system is in play. Sandboxing is okay but if you go that route as a dev you've really got to make solid guidance a key part of your game, it doesn't seem like this game is achieving that.

I wish I could give it five but yeah the game play isn't the most fluid at all parts, I could see it benefiting from a walkthrough/journal in the mid to long future of it (or needing one if it's not careful), that said... Great, unique, sexy art, A fun story line so far... this game has a lot of potential and I hope it lives up to it. If you see the preview art and like it definitely give it a quick try and see what you think.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

altident08

A really polished UI and overall presentation makes the game very easy to play. The art is great and the girls are good looking too with the scenes playing smoothly. The writing is solid with very few typos or errors in the demo so far. Really looking forward to future updates.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

WindIsHowling

Fantastic art locked behind some of the least intuitive gameplay ever to grace this sight. Can't justify any sort of positive rating when some content doesn't even seem to be reachable without a guide. Maybe this review will deserve a change in the future, but not today.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Bladebur

This is a very enjoyable demo. Looks like the final game wants to have some minigames and/or point & click adventure elements where you collect objects and use them to fix things, but at this point the game is more like a very linear VN where you have some limited freedom to explore a few locations at some points.

That being said, the content already there is excellent. The art style is the highlight of the game, and there is few shortcuts: characters have a high number of poses and expressions, and the h scene is well done and has a very enjoyable flow to it. I really like the mix of playfulness, innocence and flirtness exhibited by the characters. The main girl is very likable.

Everything seems well polished and the game has a lot of potential. It's well worth trying.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

grgrgr5

This was awesome. The art is fantastic, the protagonist is a cool down to earth sort of guy, and the main girl is just.. I dunno.. perfect. Lune is just perfect. Super hot, just the right amount of flirty, and just all around great.

This is just a demo it seems and is so far lacking in the actual game mechanics, but it seems pretty clear what those game mechanics will be, sort of a light puzzle point and click adventure game. What we have right now are the beginning story elements with a few interactive examples along the way.

I'm really looking forward to seeing where this one will go. This has more potential than any game I've seen in a while.

And once again I'd like to mention Lune. She is just perfect.