drfeelgoodsw

Sep 12, 2020
I love this game but the fact that every single update breaks saves is unbearable: now just to see a couple of additional Lorza scenes I'd have to replay (from scratch) her whole chapter. I'll skip this update and just wait for the game to complete (whenever that happens).

Reactions: Qtypical98

Barkin 10

Dec 27, 2016
I love this game but the fact that every single update breaks saves is unbearable: now just to see a couple of additional Lorza scenes I'd have to replay (from scratch) her whole chapter. I'll skip this update and just wait for the game to complete (whenever that happens).
No you don't. You could have started at a point where you woulld start her story. It's an option that comes up when you Start New Game.

drfeelgoodsw

Sep 12, 2020
No you don't. You could have started at a point where you woulld start her story. It's an option that comes up when you Start New Game.
Yes, that's what I meant by her chapter: I know I can skip to the individual chapters of the girls, but I've played Lorza's part countless times already. If I just want to see the new scenes, I still have to play her whole part again (get the forms, build the device, etc.). As much as I like those parts, I think going through them 5-6 times with no way to skip what I've read isn't something I really want to do :p

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
I was about to start again after 1 year and i stopped after seeing i can't use my saves with new versions and need choice chapter every update... Seriously? You should have give your players compatible saves espacily after this much time... Gonna wait full version i gues (I will see you guys in 2 years at least)

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
Yes, that's what I meant by her chapter: I know I can skip to the individual chapters of the girls, but I've played Lorza's part countless times already. If I just want to see the new scenes, I still have to play her whole part again (get the forms, build the device, etc.). As much as I like those parts, I think going through them 5-6 times with no way to skip what I've read isn't something I really want to do :p
Yeah, that's extremely annoying.
I understand that it's sometimes necessary to break saves during development. (Been there done that, not with games though)
But the game mechanic is not so complicated. I see no reason at all to break it with every update on purpose!?
I really like the art and the writing, but with every update I think: "no no not again..."

There is no task tracker. Story progress is sometimes triggered by entering an arbitrary location without any hint or reason.
That was okayish a couple of updates ago.
With more locations enabled this gets more and more tedious and demotivating.

It hurts. But I decided to skip this update and may be some more.
Make saves stable ffs. It's not that hard. And no, skipping "chapters" is no replacement. It's a crutch. Nice for devs but terrible for players.

bingolebongo

May 15, 2020
I could be wrong here, but I suspect it's because the developer isn't a programmer and only brought one on-board somewhat recently. Maybe it was built in such a way that they find it difficult to backtrack. I'm annoyed by it too, so not making excuses, just looking for possible reasons.

red_faced

Jul 23, 2020
I'd much rather have saves stable across game versions. But if there's an easy way to skip ahead, and it's a game where I don't really feel my playthrough is "customized" anyways, it could be worse.

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
I'd much rather have saves stable across game versions. But if there's an easy way to skip ahead, and it's a game where I don't really feel my playthrough is "customized" anyways, it could be worse.
Skipping is only an option if you know what you are skipping over.
If you don't know what content you have finished, how to you know where to skip to?

There are quite a lot of games which have a "skip to new content" option.
I've never used it.
It's an option that's completely pointless.
If I played this game before, let me continue where I started.
If not, what should I skip over or where should I skip to?
It makes only sense for devs and testers.

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
Skipping is only an option if you know what you are skipping over.
If you don't know what content you have finished, how to you know where to skip to?

There are quite a lot of games which have a "skip to new content" option.
I've never used it.
It's an option that's completely pointless.
If I played this game before, let me continue where I started.
If not, what should I skip over or where should I skip to?
It makes only sense for devs and testers.
I agree. It's something that should be stripped out of public/final releases. Because anyone who uses it (aside from testers and maybe the dev) probably isn't investing much thought into the game they are playing.

4.30 star(s) 46 Votes