Ren'Py - Abandoned - Special Delivery [v0.12.00] [Duck & Wolf]

1. 5.00 star(s)

rabidse

Sounds effects are nostalgic, models are original and quality, game looks like it could be very very good. Too short for now to really judge but if the rest of the game continues from the first two days then the 5 star review should be appropriate. Hopefully the updates come fast.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

CptValor

This game is shaping up to be a good one. not sure if the new version is posted here but i recently played the newest version on game jolt and almost all the issues people have had with the art being "grainy" have been fixed! when i first played the game with the grainy image quality i was giving the dev the benefit of the doubt due to thinking it was a simple artistic choice. seeing how the game has lots of retro refrences and styles i thought this was an attempt to make the game seem like an old VHS video as the grain quality kinda gave it that aesthetic.

after nearly everyone who played the game at that point posted something about the grainy image quality the dev changed the images and they are now sharp and clean looking! is art the biggest deal when play testing indie games? honestly i dont think so! ive seen some games on here where the characters look like a 3 year old drew a dick or tits on a stick figure or in the case of 3d renders, made the females tits bigger than the whole rest of their body! if thats the thing your into thats great, but thats beside the point!

ive liked this game since the first time i played it and watching how it evolves is kinda cool! the various sound bytes from random pop culture movies and video games caught my attention from the start! i like the concept and i give the dev props for responding to community opinions! the fact that the dev is accepting ideas from the community is a great idea! (stated at the end of the latest update)

to rate this game by category id say i have to give the new look after the "grainy" art has been cleaned up a 5/5. (P.S. Randys hair sometimes looks like its gone from brown to grey. this isnt that big a deal to me, but neither was the grainy background issue)
    the story is shaping up to be be pretty good and once more is added to the game, i cant wait to see what will be available for us to do and where it goes from the end of day 1. story gets 5/5.
    now for control... this is the only aspect that is still off a bit, at least as far as the pool mini-game is concerned! the pool mini-game is much better than it was when it was first introduced but i found myself having to restart a time or two when i pocketed more balls than the opponent but if they sank the last ball i still lost. maybe thats a form of pool im not familiar with but i thought that was a bit of a cheezy rule. the pool attacks/ shots seem better than they were before but still a bit random so ill have to give control a 4.5/5 since its just a mini game issue.
    sounds and music get a 5/5. love the retro sound bytes (as mentioned before), but i dont recall there being music in many sections. the pool mini game is probably the only real background music.
    only other issue i had was that it ended after the first day and it felt more like a demo, so obviously i was left wanting more!

looks like its gonna be a good one and im keeping a watch on this here and on gamejolt, since the new updates dont seem to be getting released here!
  3. 2.00 star(s)

cadwaladr

This could be a good game.

If the developer gave a shit.

The idea is good, it's a bit reminiscent of Summertime Saga (the loading screen gives away the secret on the influence), but different enough to succeed. Players can easily understand what the point of the game is and get going very quickly. However, the art is bad.

3D art needs to be special, if it can't be special because of a lack of assets it needs to be good. This isn't good. The renders are grainier than a beach and they don't need to be. Rendering at a higher resolution then running it through iray denoiser would remove most of the noise.

Failure to do this is just laziness or ignorance on the part of the developer. Neither bodes well.