Seeking Specifically RPGM "MV" with good stories and good combat

hamhamham

May 9, 2018
TL;DR: Looking for games in the "MV" version of RPGM that plays like Stygian Flowers.

---------

Hello! I know there's a shitload of other threads like this, but let me explain, I'm looking specifically for:

- PREFERENTIAL to be RPG Maker MV. I can also accept VX / VX Ace / XP if they are really good and you highly recommend it and I'd be "losing on a good adventure" because of my preference. The main reason I ask for MVs is that I have a collection of plugins I can inject in any RPG Maker MV game and mess around switches and variables in anyway I want without having to appeal to cheat engine.

- It NEEDS to have some sort of combat. I don't care about combat difficulty. It can be dark souls, just hard, easy, baby mode, anywhere in the between, but I'd be happy if there aren't too complicated mechanics outside of what you already expect on a RPG Maker game. For instance when it puts you on a minigame that already pushes off the limit of what RPGMaker can do and causes more bugs than anything, corrupt your save file, aaarrgh, no.

- It NEEDS to have a story and character dialogue so I get connected to them, sort like what a VN does.

- PREFERENTIAL of having a skill tree, equip changing, stuff like that.

- PREFERENTIAL of female protag because Harem burns me out as it becomes a "pick a NPC to fuck today" game. BUT I can deal with that if the story and / or combat is good!

- I don't mind grindy ones, but the less grind, the better.

My favorite examples to this:
- Stygian Flowers (Definitely my favorite, but no one will upload the full version to f95 and US$15 is too steep for my country currency. Would love to support it otherwise.)
- Black Souls
- LonaRPG
- Others that I've forgot now.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
For MV, Karryn's Prison is a good one. Mostly for the player-driven approach to the H - the combat is all over the place and actually pretty flawed and convoluted imo.
If you're okay with MZ, SKA is gem and definitely the most playable H-RPGM game I've come across. Though mind the focus on mind-control, gameplay and story over having lots of H. It does have dozens of scenes, but that's over 20-25 hours.

Reactions: hamhamham

hamhamham

May 9, 2018
For MV, Karryn's Prison is a good one. Mostly for the player-driven approach to the H - the combat is all over the place and actually pretty flawed and convoluted imo.
If you're okay with MZ, SKA is gem and definitely the most playable H-RPGM game I've come across. Though mind the focus on mind-control, gameplay and story over having lots of H. It does have dozens of scenes, but that's over 20-25 hours.
Already played Karryn's about a year ago and yeah, not my style. Like you said, it's all over the place.

SKA looks interesting, I'll give it a go. Thank you.

Feel free to suggest more. Appreciated.

kzaazul

Aug 4, 2020
I second Star Knightress Aura. I guess the only bad thing about it is, since enemies don't respawn, you can run out of fights for a while.