Speedhack RPGM MZ

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Hey,

I'm playing this RPGM MZ game that has terrible pacing. I was looking for a speedhack and I think I found one. I just can't make it work. I didn't get much further than placing the script in the js folder. Not sure what to do after that.

It would be really nice with some assistance in how to make the script work. I'm not really a coder aside from a class I took 15 years ago so assume I know nothing.

I've inserted the instructions here so you don't have to leave the site if you prefer that.
It's all taken from:
Script attached below.

-----------------------------------------------------

Installation

Download the plugin and place it in the “plugins” folder in your project’s “js” folder. Then open your Plugin Manager (F10), double-click an empty row, and select the HIME_Speedhack plugin.

Once it is in your list of plugins, turn the plugin on.

Usage

To change the game speed, make the script call:
Code:
$gameSystem.setSpeedhack( NUMBER )
Where NUMBER is the multiplier on how fast the game should run. So for example if you want the game to run at regular speed (1x), you would say
Code:
$gameSystem.setSpeedhack( 1 )
And if you wanted to run the game at 5x speed, you would say
Code:
$gameSystem.setSpeedhack( 5 )

MZ Users

If you’re using MZ, you have an additional way to change the speed by using the MZ plugin command. You can still use script calls if you want.

Binding Hotkeys

If you have a plugin that let’s you bind common events to certain keys on the keyboard, you can use that to set some hotkeys for the speed hack.

Note that game speed affects keyboard/gamepad inputs, so if it’s too fast you might have a hard time navigating menus. I’ve tried to fine-tune this a bit but if you’re doing like 25x or 50x speeds it’s still going to be a bit hard.

EDIT: While figuring how this worked I stumbled on:
https://f95zone.to/threads/rpg-maker-mv-mz-xp-vx-vxace-wolfrpg-cheat-fullauto-translate-tool.54117/
That is a much more comprehensive tool.

Last edited:

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Nah, you don't need plugins or cheat engines for something trivial like this.
For Rpgmaker MZ open the file "rmmz_objects.js" with a text editor and search for the line
this._moveSpeed = 4;
and change it to e.g.
this._moveSpeed = 4.5;
or
this._moveSpeed = 6;
6 is the maximum default speed in MZ but you can use higher numbers if you want a Speedy Gonzales character. :LOL:

Reactions: Yenod and AtotehZ

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Nah, you don't need plugins or cheat engines for something trivial like this.
For Rpgmaker MZ open the file "rmmz_objects.js" with a text editor and search for the line
this._moveSpeed = 4;
and change it to e.g.
this._moveSpeed = 4.5;
or
this._moveSpeed = 6;
6 is the maximum default speed in MZ but you can use higher numbers if you want a Speedy Gonzales character. :LOL:
Nice, thanks.
Adjusting it on the fly is useful sometimes as well. That's why binding keys is useful.
I appreciate the info though.

Cinders

Jun 11, 2018
Hey,

I'm playing this RPGM MZ game that has terrible pacing. I was looking for a speedhack and I think I found one. I just can't make it work. I didn't get much further than placing the script in the js folder. Not sure what to do after that.

It would be really nice with some assistance in how to make the script work. I'm not really a coder aside from a class I took 15 years ago so assume I know nothing.

I've inserted the instructions here so you don't have to leave the site if you prefer that.
It's all taken from:
Script attached below.

-----------------------------------------------------

Installation

Download the plugin and place it in the “plugins” folder in your project’s “js” folder. Then open your Plugin Manager (F10), double-click an empty row, and select the HIME_Speedhack plugin.

Once it is in your list of plugins, turn the plugin on.

Usage

To change the game speed, make the script call:
Code:
$gameSystem.setSpeedhack( NUMBER )
Where NUMBER is the multiplier on how fast the game should run. So for example if you want the game to run at regular speed (1x), you would say
Code:
$gameSystem.setSpeedhack( 1 )
And if you wanted to run the game at 5x speed, you would say
Code:
$gameSystem.setSpeedhack( 5 )

MZ Users

If you’re using MZ, you have an additional way to change the speed by using the MZ plugin command. You can still use script calls if you want.

Binding Hotkeys

If you have a plugin that let’s you bind common events to certain keys on the keyboard, you can use that to set some hotkeys for the speed hack.

Note that game speed affects keyboard/gamepad inputs, so if it’s too fast you might have a hard time navigating menus. I’ve tried to fine-tune this a bit but if you’re doing like 25x or 50x speeds it’s still going to be a bit hard.

EDIT: While figuring how this worked I stumbled on:
https://f95zone.to/threads/rpg-maker-mv-mz-xp-vx-vxace-wolfrpg-cheat-fullauto-translate-tool.54117/
That is a much more comprehensive tool.
Quick question-how do you actually edit an existing game and incorporate a plugin? I have RPG maker MZ and I have a game I want to speed up. How do I access the Plugin manager of the Rpg Maker MZ and actually activate the plugin?

citron

Dec 27, 2016
hey maybe you wanna try this

the installation is more simple than hime version
1. put the "DRS_BoostEngine.js" into "%gamedir%\js\plugins"
2. activate the plugin from RPGMAKER plugin manager

or if you know the basic of js just put this code at "plugins.js"
JavaScript:
  {
    "name": "DRS_BoostEngine",
    "status": true,
    "description": "DRS_BoostEngine",
    "parameters": {}
  },

3. then press "ALT+1" - "ALT-9" to adjust speed or press "ALT+B" to input speed manually (no need to inject script into event).

and this is different from using 'this._moveSpeed = {num}', because that command only changes the 'character moving speed',
by using this or Hime plugin, you can also speed up the animation, making it pretty useful for testing or NG+.

maybe someone can make a fork so the installation become 1-click like Zeemu MV speedhack.