VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Spies Trainer [v0.2] [CertainMen]

1. 2.00 star(s)

skaisher

Review for 0.2

I would really love to like this game, there is promise here and this has elements of a 5/5 game, but it simply isn't good right now.

The good:
    This game has great art. The girls are pretty accurate and it's high quality. You can argue about things like breast size, but that's just personal preference in the end.

The writing. I wouldn't say it's anything amazing so far, but it works well. The characters seem to have some personality, the story has a good introduction.

The bad:

There are 2 main issue with this game imo:
    1. the game is laggy
    2. there basically is no game

Now my pc isn't the best, but these type of games shouldn't be that hard. This game is laggy and clunky. even just dialogue feels slow.

As for the gameplay, after the introduction you basically have to make the girls happy again. problem is, the presents are very expensive. So you get a job, but that job doesn't pay shit. Every time you have to play a mini game and restart the day. This alone would take like 30-40 seconds to get maybe 30 dollar. problem is, this game is laggy and it doesn't register when you click on stuff. So sometimes you only get 4 dollar or 10 or 20. It's annoying as fuck. But even without the lag it would be extremely grindy, because you need hundreds of dollars. And again: THIS IS THE FIRST THING YOU DO IN THE GAME! the only thing you get to do so far is peek into their rooms, and they are not even naked.

While grinding, you get the option to improve the restaurant, but to do this you need 250 dollars. So first you grind a bunch and when you finally get it? You get a scene without anything sexual and no reward! No sex, no money. You just go back to grinding!

2 smaller problems are that it is not always clear which objects are interactable and what your objectives are. You need to pay attention to the dialogue, because their isn't an easy objective/mission list.

I don't want to discourage the dev, because there is good stuff here, but right now, this game sucks. To the point where I probably won't check it out again untill a full release happens, just so I don't waste my time. I played this game for about an hour and the best I got was the peeking scenes where they aren't even nude nor is there any interaction. I would say 10-15 minutes of that was the intro, 5-10 was actual gameplay and the rest (35-45 min) was just grind.

2/5 just for the art.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Albino Bushy

Version 0.2 is leaving me hungry for more. As a Renpy game it has good pacing to get the content you want and doesn't force you to grind for events or money too intensely. The art is phenomenal and the dialogue is also very well done. The dialogue stays true to the character's personalities in a way that allows for this game to both stay true to the show as well as paint the characters in a new light ;). The interface is very straight forward however, if you skip past dialogue you can find yourself lost on what to do next. Other games remedy this by giving you a character by character progression guide on your phone or computer, something I expect this game will have to do in the future once more characters are introduced. Regardless, this 10/10 game that I look very forward to seeing more of.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

LordMerek

Here's my review for v0.2:

- The mini-game sucks (I can't count how many times I wanted to bang my head against the table) PLEASE GET RID OF IT
    - The characters, story, and plot are worth following (for what little there is and what I assume will be not much more in the future)
    - There isn't much to do but grind, the encounter with Sam is just the MC falling asleep and the game saying "Relationship increased" or something like that.
    - The art is good
    - Without the grinding, the story content is sitting at under 10 minutes.

Overall, a mixed bag. I hope this improves in the future.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

gibbnatomon

Version: v0.1.5
    Art is the only thing this game has going for it. Writing is decent, but the dialogues are just fillers and have nothing to do with the actual game(maybe after 2yrs of game development it might, idk). Just a lot of grind to get almost nothing in return. Even for a v0.1 it has too many clickables that just say "not available in this version". It's like the navigation was designed specifically to increase pointless clicks and frustrate players. Not worth the time
  5. 5.00 star(s)

HolierKnight

I liked it, for a game that has just started to be released, it has a very interesting idea as well as its art. I hope it will advance to the point where a lot of other girls will join the game, like the coffee shop girl, Mandy and the three former spies, Alice, Pam and Crimson.
    I have to say that by far the worst part was how boring it was to keep repeating some things, but I imagine that should be solved by adding more content.
    And at least this game is bug-free (or at least I wasn't affected by any) which is a nice start.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

XLIDAR

Yes, I'm giving this five stars just because I like it and want more.
    Never seen the show, but, the premise is entertaining enough.

Pros:
    Good Art
    Erotic
    Dev is putting in hard work

Cons:
    It'd be nice if I could automatically get money for skipping time once I got the job, instead of having to manually go and talk to the girl every day. It was a lot of repetitive clicks that was really irksome after a while.
    It'd also be nice to be able to, to some extent, get paid by WHOOP under some covert means. Maybe as some sort of upgrade or something?
    I bought the gifts one by one but there was no way to stop even knowing everything I was buying was a scam, which felt a bit unrealistic.
    I feel like this is going to be an NTR game, which I guess I can put up with, but I don't really like.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Murky69

The art is so accurate! This cartoon is something I saw on tv as a kid and I feel a connection with the characters, so the idea of corrupting them is such a big turn on! The personality of the protagonists is very accurate also, I really look forward to seeing more of this!
  8. 3.00 star(s)

grobulos

A good Story Animation Copie, not new, not bad, small content. simple and easy made
    Sadly is not the first one who use the totally spies to made an erotic game, 3 stars
    Because of the easy setting Story and motivation 2 Stars

At the End, i give 3 Stars, a solid easy made Game , ok
  9. 3.00 star(s)

ElyonLover

Good art but...
    I don't like how Clover has small tits and Sam huge ones.
    There was also a lot of grinding and dialog.
    I expected to fuck clover since she is the slutty one in the show and not being paid by whoop is stupid.
    It's not a bad game but it can be better.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Dede_

My first review , sorry for my english.

Pros :

- Perfect models especially Sam
    - Great potential , can be the best TS game by far
    - Easy handling

Cons :

- Repetitive
    - I do not really like the MC

I look forward to the next update and to see how it evolves , good luck.