Splatoon 2D Shooter Game (With Tentacles)

Single Passageway

Jun 9, 2021
Hi there, I hope this is the right place to put this thread! Anyways, I'm thinking of making a Splatoon 2D shooter game. So far I've already made all the assets for the enemies, like that octoball that's my pfp, and a rudimentary inkling. I'm just wondering if there'd be any interest in a game like this, since I've seen none based on Splatoon. I personally think there's a lot of potential with gameplay mechanics, but I want to know what the community thinks. It'd be about 5 levels long, feature all the enemies and bosses from the first game, and unlike most other sidescrollers on here, you can initiate the scenes by beating the enemies rather than them beating you. It's just meant to be a first sort of game to introduce me to the community, and would be completely free, also probably done by the end of the month. So please let me know what you'd think about a game like this, and even what you'd like to see in it. As well, if you have any questions ask away, I'd be happy to answer them.

tl;dr, how'd you feel about a Splatoon h-game?

Reactions: OutlawTexasRed
D

Deleted member 3428201

Great idea, I'd love to see more games with actual gameplay out, but there's a reason most are VN or PaC games. Coding a shooter is infinitely harder than just using the renpy framework.

Not saying you shouldn't try, but steel yourself for hardship! Good luck!

Single Passageway

Jun 9, 2021
Haha yeah I'm definitely aware that it's much harder but I figure some more variety is needed. And I already have some experience with 2d sidescrollers luckily, but weirdly enough barely any with VN's.

Thanks though, I'll definetly be prepared for all the bugs I'll probably encounter!