Daz Split Golden Palace up/remove vagina

SnubbLR

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
At my wits end and hoping for some help from you Daz-wizards.

I was wondering if there is any way of loading golden palace onto a figure without the vagina?

I'm going for this "bare/sfw/standard DAZ"-look, while still having the GP anus to work with.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Simply hiding the vagina part doesn't work because it is just creating a big hole there instead

First I thought was the way to go, but doesn't work since it's not a morph...

Next I played around with the UV maps in Golden Palace but that wasn't right either since it's more about textures...

I've been looking for stand alone anus product without success. And I don't think it would work for me since I need the functions of GP.

I've been messing around in Blender but since I'm not familiar it ended up a dead end.

But I feel like there should be some kind of file or graph to edit in Golden Palace so that the 3D vagina part is left out? I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction?

Aditionally, I'm also going for a look like this in DAZ
, if anyone has any ideas how to get a tape like that or how to make one yourself. Just point me in the direction and I'm sure I can figure it out eventually.

Thanks for your time. You guys are awesome!

Alboe Interactive

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2020
That first look is a doozy and I don't even know where to begin. You can't simply delete the gens but keep the GP shell because the textures are designed to fit the GP graft, not the torso. So you must have the GP graft loaded in order to use those textures correctly (or learn how to do texture wrapping... good luck). To keep one part of the graft but not the other means you would have to use some sort of modeling program to essentially erase the upper portion of GP. Unfortunately, that is outside of my wheelhouse and you'll have to look up tutorials to not only make a morph but also reimport it. Another option would be an asset that has a separate anus and genital graft, but I'm not aware of any.

As for the second look:

tape example.JPG

Follow these steps after attaching GP to a character normally:
  1. Go to the GP surfaces and change the Cutout Opacity of the 3 non-anus surfaces to 0 (as highlighted in the above image). Note, you can use the Water shader (found in Shader Presets > Iray > Daz Uber) to quickly remove the image files from a surface to save on VRAM (the impact is relatively minor, so not necessary unless your PC doesn't have any to spare).
  2. Use GP morphs to get the shape you are going for. All I did for this example image was set Cameltoe to 100%.
  3. You'll need an Iray decal like . With the model selected, attach a Wearable Decal.
  4. Position, rotate, and scale the decal so it covers the areas you want.
  5. Any pose changes that affect the pelvis area may require manually adjusting the decal again.
The extended explanation as to why all these steps are needed is an Iray Decal must be parented to the object it is projecting onto. However, it can't project onto certain things like geoshells. Without doing step 1, the GP textures would be visible above the "tape". All in all, this is a quick and dirty solution, something specifically designed with GP in mind would work better and be more flexible. If you are going to make a lot of renders then I would recommend you look into something like dForce instead. It's better to have a physical object that moves with the body rather than an Iray decal that does not.

SnubbLR

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
That first look is a doozy and I don't even know where to begin. You can't simply delete the gens but keep the GP shell because the textures are designed to fit the GP graft, not the torso. So you must have the GP graft loaded in order to use those textures correctly (or learn how to do texture wrapping... good luck). To keep one part of the graft but not the other means you would have to use some sort of modeling program to essentially erase the upper portion of GP. Unfortunately, that is outside of my wheelhouse and you'll have to look up tutorials to not only make a morph but also reimport it. Another option would be an asset that has a separate anus and genital graft, but I'm not aware of any.

As for the second look:

View attachment 2396334

Follow these steps after attaching GP to a character normally:
  1. Go to the GP surfaces and change the Cutout Opacity of the 3 non-anus surfaces to 0 (as highlighted in the above image). Note, you can use the Water shader (found in Shader Presets > Iray > Daz Uber) to quickly remove the image files from a surface to save on VRAM (the impact is relatively minor, so not necessary unless your PC doesn't have any to spare).
  2. Use GP morphs to get the shape you are going for. All I did for this example image was set Cameltoe to 100%.
  3. You'll need an Iray decal like . With the model selected, attach a Wearable Decal.
  4. Position, rotate, and scale the decal so it covers the areas you want.
  5. Any pose changes that affect the pelvis area may require manually adjusting the decal again.
The extended explanation as to why all these steps are needed is an Iray Decal must be parented to the object it is projecting onto. However, it can't project onto certain things like geoshells. Without doing step 1, the GP textures would be visible above the "tape". All in all, this is a quick and dirty solution, something specifically designed with GP in mind would work better and be more flexible. If you are going to make a lot of renders then I would recommend you look into something like dForce instead. It's better to have a physical object that moves with the body rather than an Iray decal that does not.
I tried it and it looks amazing! Your instructions for the tape were spot on and I would not have figured it out otherwise. Thank you for taking your time explaining it. I've used a wet decal before, but never thought a decal could be used for something like this. But you are right, it's quite time consuming to reposition it constantly for longer scenes and different poses. I hate that you can not preview decals in texture mode. Waiting for Iray everytime you make an adjustment to make it just right takes quite a while for me in big scenes. I'll see if I can make some kind of wearable patch in Zbrush or something...

One thing I tried in my quest to remove the vagina in GP was using the Geometry Editor and just remove all polygons associated with the vagina. It works pretty well with one exception:
After editing (deleting) polygons, the genetalia gets offset. (And no, this is not the viewport bug when Geo editor tool is active, it's actually rendered out). Basically, the anus splits off from the body, controls and everything. Does someone know a fix for this issue instead?

Reactions: Alboe Interactive

Alboe Interactive

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2020
One thing I tried in my quest to remove the vagina in GP was using the Geometry Editor and just remove all polygons associated with the vagina. It works pretty well with one exception:
After editing (deleting) polygons, the genetalia gets offset. (And no, this is not the viewport bug when Geo editor tool is active, it's actually rendered out). Basically, the anus splits off from the body, controls and everything. Does someone know a fix for this issue instead?
I did the same as you and had the same result. Because it is a graft, I imagine deleting those polygons also removes something that allows GP to conform to the model properly. This is why I first suggested a morph because geometry editing gets ugly pretty quickly.

I tried using a D-Former and, when that didn't work, messed with the built-in collisions that come with the Storming the Palace add-on. Neither worked. I could flatten the whole vulva area, but the outline would be visible in the render still. Not to mention the shape would be unnaturally flat looking. Depending on how many renders you plan on doing, you might want to consider shopping it out.

Otherwise, I can't think of any other way to remove the vulva area in a way that maintains proper function without a custom morph.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
How will she piss? Like chicken? They piss out of their bums.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
How will she piss? Like chicken? They piss out of their bums.
I think its more of a "all roads lead to Rome" situation.

Especially as the vag-ass-urethra of chickens is called a "cloaca". And that is named after the main underground sewer of central ancient Rome,

And if you've heard the charming term "stick it up the clacker", thats also a corruption of "cloaca".

Thankyou for subscribing to chicken facts.