Unity Spooky Starlets: Movie Maker [v1.0b] [TinyHat Studios]

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes

W65

May 31, 2018
I guess there are two types of people in the world: people who read the manuals for their vacuum cleaners, and people who don't.

The latter think "it's just a vacuum, I'll figure it out," and the former think "I am going to feel so smug when they have to ask me which attachment they're supposed to use to clean grout." And then because they're the only one who knows that, they get to clean the grout with the attachment. Why, no. I'm not one of the former speaking from experience that I'm also bitter about. Nope.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
A good craftsman knows his tools. An idiot (the kind of folks that don't read manuals -- or never ask for directions when lost while driving) would likely try to use a rug attachment on grout, thinking that it's just a really big toothbrush, because they never bothered to learn how to properly use what they have (both tools and brains). So be happy, not bitter, that you avoided endless hours of backbreaking work by not trying to clean grout with a rug attachment. Hypothetically, of course, since you weren't speaking from actual experience. No, of course you weren't. :p

Tbone

Jun 21, 2017
That is such an incredibly stupid, and insulting, question. I do so for the same reason that I read game manuals for games like Hearts of Iron IV or Civilization VI before I start playing the game: so that I spend my valuable time playing the game rather than trying to figure out how to play the game. Games are more enjoyable when you know WTF you're doing.
Yes, it's much better when you know what you are actually doing, instead of just pressing buttons randomly. :)

Sunny

Aug 13, 2016
I can't resize out of full screen and not all the buttons are showing in my view. I could use a manual to inform me how to change resolution or break out into a window.

D

Deleted member 192287

I love the game! I tried the moblie verison but i had issues with size of the menu. Can someone or any body shink it down a bit? I have a huge phone but for some reason the menu was cut off on my screen. I love you guys

TinyHat Studios

Apr 6, 2019
Hey there guys! FlynnFlann with TinyHat Studios here, heard that some people were discussing our game here so I wanted to clear up some questions.

Firstly- thanks to you all for being so patient with the lack of clear directions in the game! Our latest build added a tutorial which should hopefully help.
We thought the game would be easy enough to play, but we've gotten a lot of feedback to make things more streamlined and clear, so on top of the tutorial we are working on trying to make the game less obtuse in terms of it's UI and game flow as well.

Secondly- We have the menu locked to a 16:9 ratio for the time being. Until I figure out a good solution for aspect ratio and resolution switching that doesn't completely fuck my UIs, that will be a placeholder. This initial build was originally supposed to be a proof of concept for basically an interactive version of our adventure chart so it's very barebones, but from the feedback we've gotten, it makes sense for us to have it be our primary focus going forward- so we'll be addressing some of these concerns.

Thirdly, wow, I'm happy with how many people like what we have to show so far!
We're in the middle of refining the game and taking a lot of the initial feedback we've gotten to make sure that the game itself is fun to play. I usually focus more on the presentation, but we understand the mechanics need some work.

- - - - -

I guess while I'm also here, I should clear up _why_ I'm here. While I don't wish to undermine our Patreon supporters and do not condone the piracy of my software or that of any of my peers and collaborators- I am not of the camp that thinks all pirates are filthy thieves.

I'm lucky enough to be in a position right now where I can support my fellow creators- but I wasn't always in this situation. I've pirated in the past and I understand that many people have many different reasons for why they might pirate, and that those reasons aren't always out of spite. There are legitimate reasons to pirate- and I'm also not too worried because we offer plenty of reasons outside of our game to join our Patreon as well.

I might not be super active here, but I did want to drop in and say that I'm around to answer any questions you guys might have with our game. Pirate or not, I want our project to be high quality and for it to be able to help shine a little bit of light into people's lives. If you're able to support us and you would like to- that would make us very happy! But, I hope everyone here enjoys what we're creating regardless!

TinyHat Studios

Apr 6, 2019
great game once you get the good end the game keeps looping the message regardless of anything
That should be fixed with the latest update!

Was the CYOA based on this, or vice versa?
The game was based on the CYOA!

HOW THE FUCK DO I EVEN PLAY LMAO
I am in the same situation, my English is not good but I could not understand how to play, a manual or a tutorial would be welcome
We added a tutorial into the game a while back- so the game does have one. However, we are working on an update to the game which will have a better UI, clearer game flow, and improved tutorial and introduction!

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes