4.10 star(s) 28 Votes

joker2008

Jan 3, 2019
Not sure why people keep making the comments about going forward. Writing the story for the most part is the easy piece. I appreciate root 's MOD but like he said to go forward you would need someone who is good with Twine and that's only the first step. If you haven't looked through the code which will have to be done from beginning to end. You don't know what was coded in there. You don't know how clean or messy it is. You also don't know what code they wrote that was for later parts of the game. It's not a very easy task. It's why developers don't like picking up someone else's code. You could code something and if you missed something during your code review guess what? Now it's broke. Yeah I would like to see the game go on also but I doubt you're going to find someone willing to pick up the code.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shikoshiko and root

smugbug123

May 12, 2019
Not sure why people keep making the comments about going forward. Writing the story for the most part is the easy piece. I appreciate root 's MOD but like he said to go you would need someone who is good with Twine and that's only the first step. If you haven't looked through the code which will have to be done from beginning to end. You don't know what was coded in there. You don't know how clean or messy it is. You also don't know what code they wrote that was for later parts of the game. It's not a very easy task. It's why developers don't like picking up someone else's code. You could code something and if you missed something during your code review guess what? Now it's broke. Yeah I would like to see the game go on also but I doubt you're going to find someone willing to pick up the code.
Great points. Would some kind of a remake be easier? What I mean is, what about creating a new version in an engine you're familiar with from the ground up, while incorporating all of the original story content up this point? That way you don't have to pick up someone else's code.

As a game, it's not much more complex than other HTML games I've played.

joker2008

Jan 3, 2019
Yeah, (shakes head) well that's not gonna happen.

It's hilarious how everyone who wants this to happen asks others to do the heavy lifting....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

joker2008

Jan 3, 2019
Great points. Would some kind of a remake be easier? What I mean is, what about creating a new version in an engine you're familiar with from the ground up, while incorporating all of the original story content up this point? That way you don't have to pick up someone else's code.

As a game, it's not much more complex than other HTML games I've played.
Since its a remake and according to you not that complex. I think you should jump right on it. I think you have a great plan and are all ready to go...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And then when its done and you know you did all of it. Think how much more you'll appreciate it.

Somedude02

Jan 9, 2020
If anyone would be interested in continuing this story I can help with writing content for it. I wouldn't be helpful with the technical aspects of it but I'm a pretty strong writer and can try to mimic the tone and pace of the original.
I'm also a good writer myself, or so I've been told, so count me in if you need some help.
The hardest part though is programming and actually making the game go foward, which is kinda hard to find for this sort of niche game. People already tried to move some sticks on Discord, to continue development (coding), but it didn't go anywhere.

Reactions: joker2008

smugbug123

May 12, 2019
Since its a remake and according to you not that complex. I think you should jump right on it. I think you have a great plan and are all ready to go...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And then when its done and you know you did all of it. Think how much more you'll appreciate it.
I was asking a question. My comment on complexity was about the game itself compared to other HTML games. There are no features in this game that are more complex than its peers. I never said the programming/coding itself wasn't very complex. I made it abundantly clear that it was in my first post.

I was also just ASKING whether doing a remake would be simpler than picking up from where the developer left off. I was asking whether remaking the game would lessen some of the concerns you've raised. Why are you being so hostile?

joker2008

Jan 3, 2019
Everyone codes differently and even if doing a remake you would have to still revisit every line of code that was written to understand the logic and how to get from point a to b and b to c and so on. Now also take into account and I guarantee that there is code in there that Tiplick wrote where she had future events and tie ins in mind. As Somedude02 stated, there was an effort a while back in discord where they were looking at doing the same thing you are talking about. The main issue if remember correctly was how things were written. In the end they wound up doing some minor fixes.

Now if you ignore the code completely then it might as well not be this game. The code basically goes along with the story. And writing everything from scratch and to reproduce the same thing would still require someone with a good understanding of Twine and some might say just as much effort or possibly more as you would be defining and writing everything from scratch but if you wanted the same story same characters you would have to keep referring back to what Tiplick coded.

The final fix release was not released by tiplick if I remember correctly but by the folks in the discord. In fact supposedly there was a 5.7 that had been made available to supposedly to patreoners but it didn't include much more in the way of play and while it made it to the next dock or something like that. Again I don't know anybody who saw 5.7. It really didn't add anything which was why the discord released what would become 5.6 fix 3 i think is the last.

joker2008

Jan 3, 2019
People act like coding is easy. I will admit I have never looked into Twine but I have done other coding. More what one would consider coding for business purposes. If coding was that simple and didn't require that much time and effort everyone on here would be doing it and games would be completed in no time.

4.10 star(s) 28 Votes