Squares on black color cloters RENPY

KissKissStudio

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2016
Fuck me why this shit even in renpy??? It fucks up everything.. I found out its called Diagonal Scan Lines but I don't find anything for renpy... You guys are my last hope

Last edited:

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Fuck me why this shit even in renpy??? It fucks up everything.. I found out its called Diagonal Scan Lines but I don't find anything for renpy... You guys are my last hope
Post a bigger pic, I cant see anything on it

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
So I found out I get squares when I use command scene when I use command show its okay.. Do you know any way to fix it
Oh... You mean the rectangular box at the very bottom of the screen, that's absolutely not show on your original screenshot, and that serve as background for the dialog lines ?
Try to put window auto at top of your "start" label.

This said at no way replace scene by show, unless you effectively hide every single image when done. You'll saturate the memory and break your game.

KissKissStudio

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2016
Oh... You mean the rectangular box at the very bottom of the screen, that's absolutely not show on your original screenshot, and that serve as background for the dialog lines ?
Try to put window auto at top of your "start" label.

This said at no way replace scene by show, unless you effectively hide every single image when done. You'll saturate the memory and break your game.
I hope we are talking about the dress dude :D you see the dress has the squares on it?

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
you see the dress has the squares on it?
The only squares I see on the dress are only shown when I drastically zoom on, and come from the too high JPEG compression factor.

KissKissStudio

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2016
maybe you are using phone cuz i can see those square without zooming :D... th thing is every black color with command scene has those

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
maybe you are using phone cuz i can see those square without zooming :D... th thing is every black color with command scene has those
I can't see anything either, draw a circle or something around what you mean

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
maybe you are using phone cuz i can see those square without zooming :D...
It's more likely that your screen calibration is messed, because my 25" 1920x1080 isn't really near to a phone screen size, and even on my 35" TV I don't see them.

Even when pushing the saturation to its max, and increasing the gamma correction, I can't make them more visible than that :
squares.jpg
Been noted that this screenshot is for mickydoo and people who, like us, don't see them. It's obvious that, if you see them by default, this image will looks like an horror.

This being said, I change my initial guess regarding the cause. Playing with the saturation shown me that the squares are far to be limited to the dress. I don't know what you did, but now that I know that they are everywhere, and saw their pattern and size, the reason is obvious.
I don't know what you did, but your images are shown on top of the checked default background, with an amount of transparency that seem to be around 15%

Edit: Obvious demonstration (still full saturation and increased gamma correction).
. square bis.jpg
It's clearly the checked default background shown by transparency.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
As anne said, it is a transparency issue, however, it does not matter and you can simply ignore it.
When you build the game, the checkboard will not appear, this appears only in the editor.

In the actual game, the checkboard will be replaced by a pure black, so that little transparency will no longer be noticeable.

KissKissStudio

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2016
As anne said, it is a transparency issue, however, it does not matter and you can simply ignore it.
When you build the game, the checkboard will not appear, this appears only in the editor.

In the actual game, the checkboard will be replaced by a pure black, so that little transparency will no longer be noticeable.
Okay ty for the help cuz all my black colors got this shit.

KissKissStudio

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2016
It's more likely that your screen calibration is messed, because my 25" 1920x1080 isn't really near to a phone screen size, and even on my 35" TV I don't see them.

Even when pushing the saturation to its max, and increasing the gamma correction, I can't make them more visible than that :
View attachment 903549
Been noted that this screenshot is for mickydoo and people who, like us, don't see them. It's obvious that, if you see them by default, this image will looks like an horror.

This being said, I change my initial guess regarding the cause. Playing with the saturation shown me that the squares are far to be limited to the dress. I don't know what you did, but now that I know that they are everywhere, and saw their pattern and size, the reason is obvious.
I don't know what you did, but your images are shown on top of the checked default background, with an amount of transparency that seem to be around 15%

Edit: Obvious demonstration (still full saturation and increased gamma correction).
. View attachment 903575
It's clearly the checked default background shown by transparency.
All black colours have those but i guess it will be removed when i will finish the game in editor.. I tough it was some kind of setting for green screen affect

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
If it is only black, then it is a non-issue since the background in a built game will be black anyways.
You can try to build the game and test it out yourself, there should not be any checkboard.