RPGM - Completed - Squirrel Legacy II: Children of the Nut [v1.0] [Obscure Productions]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Anomaly33

Far inferior to the 1st game. Feels like they tried to make a more complex game but ended up just making it more tedious, and instead of putting in the effort to rework and polish it they just slapped an ending (or endings; I'm not replaying it to find out) on and called it a day.

+ Pixel scenes are done well.
    + The humor is pretty good at times.
    + The class and potion system here would be interesting in a better game.

- Every character more or less has the same scenes, and individual characters have pretty much the same dialogue for several scenes in a row. They each technically have 12 scenes, but it would not be unfair to say they really have 4.
    - Nothing about the gameplay feels great. Lots of walking for the sake of walking, obnoxious random encounters in combat areas, etc... the usual things that make people hate bad RPGM games.
    - No real pregnancy, only implied pregnancy. In my opinion the pregnancy scenes/dialogue were the best part of the 1st game and they are completely absent here.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

starmarinez

There are some strong themes and concepts here that actually enjoyed, however, the typical RPGM maps and combat bring down the overall quality of the game by a ton. Enemy encounters are way too often, the 'dungeons' are quite boring. The character interactions can be fun, but the fact there's a gallery that resets after a new game+ made me uninstall immediately. Game will not respect your time. It's sad, it doesn't feel like a very strong sequel.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

DavyVince

Just play the previous one, this game seems to hate the player, not a single QOL improvement and it's such a slog to play, I can't think of a single aspect where this one surpasses the previous one, art is meh, the characters are way too bland and unattached from the MC for the NTR to actually hit, gameplay is clunky and generic, maybe it gets better the more you play but I couldn't get past much before I got frustrated enough to abandon it
  4. 1.00 star(s)

sfoMMA85

How can people actually give this game a five star rating? This game is a burden to play. There is no questlog, you have to cover huge distances, battles are overly and unnecessary complicated (without cheating via MTool dont even consider playing). There is no real relationship between the MC and the other girls (apart from Heather maybe where we get to see a little tiny bit more of her backstory) thus the NTR doesnt really hit at all.. The art is very mediocre, there is not a lot and while the base CGs are somewhat good, the lewd scenes add some very bad quality and fast scratched pictures which turn you off more, they they do good.

Even the first game was way better and this just feels like a work without any love and attention to detail. Hard pass.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

arkanaid

Beautiful game, I appreciate something new as this, the mechanics, ntr and the characters
    I loved the first game and waiting for the next one and here it is, hopefully it will be the same good as the first, we'll see with the next versions, but for now I'm satisfied
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Superflie

So far, the game has a decent amount of content, and the NTR is pretty good. The first game is an NTR great, and I'm sure this game will be good when it's done. As of now, give it a chance to see if you like it. Also Heather is best girl.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Ahree5sa

[v0.5] This game will probably be good, later. It has some appeal.

Currently, it does not feel, say 50% done with 50% missing, rather the things that are there are 50% polished (with some unknown amount of plot still to come as well).

The content that is there is unfortunately tedious; there is very little artwork; the dungeons are difficult to navigate (but, there is usually some closed door and a key to find).

Some mechanics are difficult to get used to. There is a class-related system: you can change class, and your stats drop dramatically (you start at level 1 again). But you gain more class related abilities compared to your initial class (no class abilities). This could be not-entirely-correct. I find fighting in RPG games mostly tedious at the best of times. Learning complex stat-mechanics and their combinatorics-systems is not something I enjoy (a game has to be truly inspiring to make me do that). So, of course, I would prefer if these class changes were either tied to the plot or more fun (like tied to lewd content).

Here is how I find this game playable: I run from almost every fight (you can press x right when the battle starts and then run). Every once in a while, I pick just easy-enough fights; those that don't drain my focus or will to live to much. That levels the characters just enough to pass unavoidable battles and I have seen most of the plot that exists, I think.

The flask system is another thing that I didn't enjoy (but, it's not terrible). You can equip flasks and fill them at water fountains (that happens automatically). I will probably never read what the different flasks/bottles/kegs do. I just know that they heal and sometimes give stat boosts. They are not visually represented, and when playing a visual game, I find it hard to consider not visible things as very important (pictures just dominate the mind). Since a flask is a limited use item, they cannot influence battles that much anyway (probably?).

I look forward to when it's done.

[v0.7*] Edit: The enemy spawn rate in dungeons has improved. Things are getting better. Having seen many dungeouns now, I have to say that the enemies lack variety. The rate at which random encounters start is still unpleasant, especially as you need to backtrack in dungeons because of levers. Fights are still a tad tedious, especially when you know where to go: I walk every step trying to be tile efficient, knowing how far the destination still is and dreading the return walk to the closed door, losing money to avoid long fights. And I still cannot put myself through learning about all the mechanics: there are gems or something like that. Are they important? Hard to know, the gem shops are difficult to understand - the gems need to be "activated". Regardless, the characters are too interesting to let this one go. I really hope everything works out for the dev.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

Niaf

I wanted to see the content in this game but the gameplay was so slow and frustrating I never actually got to it.
    Battles seem to happen every 2-10 steps, and to progress at all you usually end up playing some hide and seek garbage. Looking for a key in 1 of a dozen or more rooms, all while constantly fighting is not fun.