rontremalo

Jul 29, 2021
This isn't a matter of right or wrong or opinon, the dev has clearly stated it.

Don't try to excuse your ignorance by suddenly pretending that you've been burned before and you're just worried or some other BS. Just admit you were wrong, apologize and move on.
Shadowclonezero just to give a bit more information here, maybe help you see that other perspective.

imo aura-dev is like the Gold Standard(tm) of upstanding Patreon devs. I've watched the project grow over 3 years. Very clear goals, very clear scoping. Where all the revenue is going is always indicated, whether its to art assets, pixel assets, mappers, music, UI/UX skinning, assistant story writing.... its amazing. The guy is managing a full ass team of contractors. Every release consistently has tons of bugfixes, balancing improvements, new content, and the release schedule is downright *Germanic*. I had *zero* problem subbing to them one year at a time for like 3 years. It was just so refreshing to see exactly the opposite of what you are lamenting. I hear you bro, f95zone can feel like a graveyard of cash sucking feces that pretend to be game developers. Some of these, I feel start as genuine attempts to build a game, and the person has no understanding how much of an undertaking this is, and they burn out ... but that sweet, sweet, revenue stream... aura-dev is 100% not that. Like, their contract artist drew some assets once that were anatomically broken. I pointed it out, the dev asked for more details, I gave them, and he iterated with the contract artist until it was fixed.

TLDR Although the corruption route genuinely scares me, imo this is the best managed project on f95zone.

Versace217

Mar 21, 2019
It's not even clear if the game will be accepted on steam.
Last time I read, Steam only had the requirement of no copy-right infringement, as well as your game characters having no similarity to any real-life persons. Plus your game doesn't have rape and bestiality so it shouldn't be an issue on that end as well.

Why don't you try submitting your game for review to Steam once 1.0 is out?

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
Last time I read, Steam only had the requirement of no copy-right infringement, as well as your game characters having no similarity to any real-life persons. Plus your game doesn't have rape and bestiality so it shouldn't be an issue on that end as well.

Why don't you try submitting your game for review to Steam once 1.0 is out?
I have a steam page and I will try. The game is also censored for SFW on steam with an external patch, and I have generally taken every precaution I can think up to reduce the chance of it getting banned, and yet it is still likely to get banned. I won't be going into the issue as this discussion has been had several times and I don't really want to repeat it. Others may feel to do so instead or you can research the topic on steam's banning lottery yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Versace217

Shadowclonezero

Sep 21, 2017
Shadowclonezero just to give a bit more information here, maybe help you see that other perspective.

imo aura-dev is like the Gold Standard(tm) of upstanding Patreon devs. I've watched the project grow over 3 years. Very clear goals, very clear scoping. Where all the revenue is going is always indicated, whether its to art assets, pixel assets, mappers, music, UI/UX skinning, assistant story writing.... its amazing. The guy is managing a full ass team of contractors. Every release consistently has tons of bugfixes, balancing improvements, new content, and the release schedule is downright *Germanic*. I had *zero* problem subbing to them one year at a time for like 3 years. It was just so refreshing to see exactly the opposite of what you are lamenting. I hear you bro, f95zone can feel like a graveyard of cash sucking feces that pretend to be game developers. Some of these, I feel start as genuine attempts to build a game, and the person has no understanding how much of an undertaking this is, and they burn out ... but that sweet, sweet, revenue stream... aura-dev is 100% not that. Like, their contract artist drew some assets once that were anatomically broken. I pointed it out, the dev asked for more details, I gave them, and he iterated with the contract artist until it was fixed.

TLDR Although the corruption route genuinely scares me, imo this is the best managed project on f95zone.
I actually appreciate hearing this.. feels nice to read it. :)

Reactions: Shiningforcehero
Jun 6, 2022
Well I feel bad to have started a discussion about Devs and expectations ect.
What I see is, that this Dev releases small patches every 2 months that( FOR ME) is far more than some of the other devs that I wont name that just leech just to abandon a project 4 months laters.

Vango.Bango

May 14, 2018
I remember a long time ago this game being extremely hard to play without a walkthrough. Is that still the case or can i just play blindly ?

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
I remember a long time ago this game being extremely hard to play without a walkthrough. Is that still the case or can i just play blindly ?
It's not hard on Normal if you're willing to use common sense and savescum fights for better results after you've seen how they play. But there are 2 difficulties below Normal if you need them. Some of the quest objectives are still obtuse and you may need to use the .

Robin_Scales

Feb 21, 2018
Edit: Are there any scenes I could repeat or is it all railroaded?
Several repeatable sex scenes in the mid/late game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I am indifferent to these kinda thoughts to be honest. Eroding her values and getting the protagonist more sluttier is the whole appeal to the game or not. Why working against it especially on your first playthrough?
I thought so too. Never really gave a shit about any of the protagonists changing in nearly every other corruption game I've played. But it's different here.
Partly because Aura feels like a human being with ideals and dreams, instead of a hyper-sexualized dressup doll who clumsily gets entangled in easily avoided sexual scenarios.
Partly because both the main and support antagonists are real pieces of shit, and advancing towards the corruption ending is essentionally letting them win. And you don't want to see them win.
Partly because it's not just sexual. It's not just about breaking down Aura's inhibitions, and wanting her to bone nearly every dude in sight, although that is part of it. You are practically watching the death of a person in slow-mo. Her hobbies, her friends, her dreams, her idealism. It all gets broken down, and changed into something unrecognizeable. It's pretty sad if you go all the way.

But I digress. Play it yourself, and make up your own opinion.

Robin_Scales

Feb 21, 2018
I agree, the early game is pretty brutal, without a guide. I wrote a list of tips for surviving the early game recently, that don't explain every single quest, but give general pieces of advice that should you help you survive it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: DumbSissyAlice

Versace217

Mar 21, 2019
I have a steam page and I will try. The game is also censored for SFW on steam with an external patch, and I have generally taken every precaution I can think up to reduce the chance of it getting banned, and yet it is still likely to get banned. I won't be going into the issue as this discussion has been had several times and I don't really want to repeat it. Others may feel to do so instead or you can research the topic on steam's banning lottery yourself.
Ummm... I'm not sure if I understood you, do you want to release it as SFW or NSFW? Because there is an NSFW category on Steam, though you have to enable a setting to see it. Steam doesn't require you to go SFW for an NSFW game.

I just went to the store and saw the New & Trending:
The same game also has an NSFW trailer:
I do know that Steam is strict on certain themes and I know of some devs who had issues with Steam, but I don't believe your game would get flagged.

Edit: If you wanted to go for a wider audience on Steam by going SFW then use an NSFW patch for those who want it, then I would understand that's what you're worried about regarding Steam review. But if you wanted it to be NSFW only, then it shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
Ummm... I'm not sure if I understood you, do you want to release it as SFW or NSFW? Because there is an NSFW category on Steam, though you have to enable a setting to see it. Steam doesn't require you to go SFW for an NSFW game.

I just went to the store and saw the New & Trending:
The same game also has an NSFW trailer:
I do know that Steam is strict on certain themes and I know of some devs who had issues with Steam, but I don't believe your game would get flagged.

Edit: If you wanted to go for a wider audience on Steam by going SFW then use an NSFW patch for those who want it, then I would understand that's what you're worried about regarding Steam review. But if you wanted it to be NSFW only, then it shouldn't be an issue.
Yes, the Steam version as it is, is currently an SFW version. No it has nothing to do with going for a wider audience.
In fact, since it's a censored game I expect the reception to be horrible with lots of negative reviews even if the game does get allowed on steam.

You are looking at the games that survived the steam lottery, not at all the ones that get banned.
Steam has a 1 strike policy against adult games and it's too risky for this game.

EDIT: As I said, I don't want to fully do the whole discussion. You can read up on steam's bannings yourself.
Games can get banned simply from mentioning that characters have gone to school in the past, implying that at some point in their life characters were underage. It is meaningless to look at the games that have been allowed on the platform, as there is no consistency in the decisions. I also don't have a social media clout to oppose random bannings e.g. what happened with Chaos;Head Noah.

Developer friend of mine making the game Ero Dungeons recently also had his game 1 strike banned from steam.
Of course, as a player you don't see that. You only see all the games that do get allowed. But not the tons of games that get banned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Versace217

Versace217

Mar 21, 2019
Yes, the Steam version as it is, is currently an SFW version. No it has nothing to do with going for a wider audience.
In fact, since it's a censored game I expect the reception to be horrible with lots of negative reviews even if the game does get allowed on steam.

You are looking at the games that survived the steam lottery, not at all the ones that get banned.
Steam has a 1 strike policy against adult games and it's too risky for this game.

EDIT: As I said, I don't want to fully do the whole discussion. You can read up on steam's bannings yourself.
Games can get banned simply from mentioning that characters have gone to school in the past, implying that at some point in their life characters were underage. It is meaningless to look at the games that have been allowed on the platform, as there is no consistency in the decisions. I also don't have a social media clout to oppose random bannings e.g. what happened with Chaos;Head Noah.

Developer friend of mine making the game Ero Dungeons recently also had his game 1 strike banned from steam.
Of course, as a player you don't see that. You only see all the games that do get allowed. But not the tons of games that get banned.
That's understandable. Regarding the age of the cast, how old are they? They're in high school right, so about 17-18? If so then yeah that might be a reason to get flagged.

Versace217

Mar 21, 2019
Well there's one publisher you could consult with, they translate and publish games from this forum. Saikey Studios is a publisher on Steam so you could get some insight from them as well.

3.90 star(s) 183 Votes