4.30 star(s) 14 Votes
Jul 29, 2019
I don't mind the gender-bending aspect of the MC in this game, but it's annoying to me that the brothel feature is just for the female version. If you have so much stuff that's exclusive to the FeMC, you basically turn the whole affair, ludonarratively, into a forcefem/sissification game

RegulusNSFW

Mar 21, 2021
the save data is actually in the windows registry at Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RegulusNSFW\StarbreedDemo

the relevant hexadecimal values (base 10 in parentheses) for unlocking all v0.9/v0.9.x content should be these (i clipped off the "_###" stuff):

assertion = 64 (100) [aether's assertion]
resolve = 64 (100) [aether's resolve]
charAff0 = C8 (200) [aether's affinity]

charAff1 = 31 (49) [lana's affinity, remaining scenes not yet in game]
charAff2 = 64 (100) [pix's affinity]
charAff3 = 64 (100) [siren's affinity]
charAff4 = 31 (49) [tanya's affinity, remaining scenes not yet in game]
charAff5 = 31 (49) [nika's affinity, remaining scenes not yet in game]
charAff6 = 31 (49) [rooster's affinity, remaining scenes not yet in game]

credits = 2710 (10000) [shop credits, if that's not enough to buy everything just increase the hexadecimal value]

(the names and their corresponding levels below are most likely subject to change as levels get added)
levelScore0 = 6E (110) [catiya1 high score]
levelScore1 = AA (170) [pix1 high score]
levelScore2 = 96 (150) [pix2 high score]
levelScore3 = 96 (150) [siren1 high score]
levelScore4 = F0 (240) [siren2 high score]
levelScore5 = AA (170) [rooster1 high score]
levelScore6 = C8 (200) [lana1 high score]
levelScore7 = 96 (150) [tanya1 high score]
levelScore8 = A0 (160) [nika1 high score]

make sure you edit these values when the game is closed!

i think you'll have to beat each character's first level once to unlock them on the main menu/the hscene gallery and have the edited high scores and level trophies register, i didn't want to the unlock flags for these down because i'm sure it has to do with all the flag or level values and fucking around with those ones specifically might break the game

i'm sure that once the game is released on steam and wherever else that the save will be in an actual file and not the registry, because that's the case for the dev's previous game spunkstock (the save data is in the registry *and* in an actual .dat file), but this is just how it is for now
For all of those a bit confused about the Save files, relishmentinator is correct. At the moment the save system is done through PlayerPrefs. This means it does not use Save files. You might see a Save file in your directory, but this was used for early versions. There were some issues with the old save system, so I switched off of it, and use Player Prefs for now.

I don't mind the gender-bending aspect of the MC in this game, but it's annoying to me that the brothel feature is just for the female version. If you have so much stuff that's exclusive to the FeMC, you basically turn the whole affair, ludonarratively, into a forcefem/sissification game
This was pretty much the "Fem MC" build. It's a bit front-loaded, but it's the last of the planned female MC exclusive scenes. I would like to have a male equivalent in the future as well, (by that I mean a male Hscene that can make credits) though it may not be tied directly to the brothel.

MangoMeta

Oct 27, 2018
yeah the way this game is going is disappointing. its all over the place.

sandwichboy81

Aug 21, 2018
Is this really how Star Fox used to control?

No wonder it died so long ago!

Anyone have a full save? The art is nice but it is not worth playing this

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020
Is this really how Star Fox used to control?

No wonder it died so long ago!

Anyone have a full save? The art is nice but it is not worth playing this
Not really. Coming from a guy that has 100% all planets in Star Fox 64 (including Expert Mode on an N64 emulator), this feels...modern. More fine control over your ship at the cost of being less snappy. That, and the controls being tied to your mouse reflect that. The game is a bit jank with hit detection, true, but it's kinda hard to compare a game that's near 30 years old to a modern, original passion project.

And no, Star Fox Zero doesn't count.

Reactions: Artix0
Apr 6, 2022
For anyone following the dev do you guys know in what stage the game currently is ? As in what percent is the game done and how much longer it will take for the game to be complete ? I really liked the dev's previous game and i was planning to play this one once it full releases.

Reactions: thebbot

AEkisuuu

May 19, 2022
For anyone following the dev do you guys know in what stage the game currently is ? As in what percent is the game done and how much longer it will take for the game to be complete ? I really liked the dev's previous game and i was planning to play this one once it full releases.
Uncertain to what percentage of the game's completion. And also Yo da yo!

Reactions: Demon_Girl_Enjoyer

avaglegon

Apr 13, 2020
I think there's at least 6 more updates left. 4 of the 6 girls still need second levels, and it looks like the finale will also be 2 levels. Updates come out every 2 months, so probably a year until the game's finished.

Reactions: Demon_Girl_Enjoyer

RegulusNSFW

Mar 21, 2021
Not really. Coming from a guy that has 100% all planets in Star Fox 64 (including Expert Mode on an N64 emulator), this feels...modern. More fine control over your ship at the cost of being less snappy. That, and the controls being tied to your mouse reflect that. The game is a bit jank with hit detection, true, but it's kinda hard to compare a game that's near 30 years old to a modern, original passion project.

And no, Star Fox Zero doesn't count.
Mind if I ask about the jank hit detection? Do you find this to be the case with the player's projectiles, and their abilities to hit enemies, your collision with obstacles/enemies, or something else? Can you think of any examples I can take a look at by chance?

If anyone else has input on the matter, please feel free to contribute.

Dhal9

Jul 13, 2017
Mind if I ask about the jank hit detection? Do you find this to be the case with the player's projectiles, and their abilities to hit enemies, your collision with obstacles/enemies, or something else? Can you think of any examples I can take a look at by chance?

2 problems I've noticed is the roll animation is a little short and makes it hard to dodge as the roll finishes a little too quickly and the larger problem is the classic fire rate. If you spam click the mouse too quickly it lowers your fire rate as the clicks interrupt the animation and then you have to register another click to fire again. You have to slow down your click tempo in an unintuitive way to get the most from your rate of fire. I should mention I'm playing on a 13700k and amd rx7900xt so I have a high frame rate and these may not show up on lower frame rates.

Reactions: Noonwraith

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020

Hmm, I should have been more specific. Oops ^^;

So, in general, I meant hit detection as in player collision with enemy bullets/attacks. Some examples I can think of is those funky blue circles that the water planet has, or the basic red projectiles. The former is more due to getting used to the weird look of those rings and the deceptively forgiving hitbox, and the latter is more because of the POV/camera angle of the game. What I mean by that is that, once more comparing SF64, the ship is closer to the screen, and because that game isn't in widescreen there's less room at the sides to worry about. Add the fact that the bullets are fairly big and noticeable, and you'll know there's one on the way to hit you. In this game, the angle gives you plenty of room to maneuver, but now I feel that the bullets are kinda tiny in comparison to the bright crimson bolts of light of SF64. Sometimes I wouldn't even notice I was hit until I heard the impact, then gaze over my HP, then say "huh, where'd that come from?" only to realize there was a ship formation I forgot to take out. That, or a lone ship in the distance. Just some examples I've had in the past.

In comparison, the hit detection is great. The crosshair is pin-point accurate and have never felt that I undershot or overshot my aim. Also has better reach than what I anticipated, too. Haven't had any issues with buildings or structures in general since they're fairly easy to avoid.

Mind you, these aren't game breakers, just nit-picks I've gathered since I've brought this to attention. The fact that I've had no frustrations with the game says a lot, and the incentive for getting the golden medals is nice on top of the completionist aspect. Heck, I wasn't planning on getting them, but after the tally screen showed me how close I was, it made me replay the stage just for closesure's sake, haha.
2 problems I've noticed is the roll animation is a little short and makes it hard to dodge as the roll finishes a little too quickly and the larger problem is the classic fire rate. If you spam click the mouse too quickly it lowers your fire rate as the clicks interrupt the animation and then you have to register another click to fire again. You have to slow down your click tempo in an unintuitive way to get the most from your rate of fire. I should mention I'm playing on a 13700k and amd rx7900xt so I have a high frame rate and these may not show up on lower frame rates.
The roll aspect, that I can attest. From my experience, I ended up not using the roll at all lmao. It's quick, sure, but there's a noticeable cooldown period to nerf its spammability like in SF64. Not saying it's a bad thing, it can be worked around, but it is noticeable nonetheless. Again, not a game breaker, but at that point I just completely forgot to roll for enemy projectiles and opted to avoid instead. Not even those pesky purple enemies were a hassle since you'll end up shooting them out in the open, rendering the roll at a minimum use.

Reactions: Noonwraith
4.30 star(s) 14 Votes