Starting a Patreon/F95 Game Thread

rawmeatgames

May 7, 2020
Hi there folks,

I've just started to make an adult game, and will look to eventually create a Patreon and an official F95 thread for it here.

Are there any tips, advice, no-no's you would advise me on for creating a patreon / starting a game thread?
I'm not sure how much content I should have compiled before doing either / good methods to spread the word about it / create a community around the game.

Any help is appreciated

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
When to make it is up to you but I would say dont make one till you got actually something to show and your first release isnt that far out. A first release can easily take 6+ months if you know what you are doing (much longer if you are new to rendering/game making at all) and starting a game threat/patreon right from the start and not seeing any support for it can be really demotivating. So many game threats are made on here with barely anything in it and just not seeing any support for it.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Game up, you want at least 30 minutes worth of content. But you can start doing a "WIP thread" over in the Development side of things to let people comment on the art and gameplay videos, post an early demo, recruit testers, etc. My feeling is that you don't really want a Patreon before you're ready to showcase stuff; for most devs that's the first release. You can queue it up and have it all ready, so both launch together. Other devs have a much longer initial dev period, with more things to show for it; as a result they can start their Patreon earlier, and welcome the patreons to join them in the journey, rather than just the product.