state of advancement for a discord server

RikoNee2000

Sep 22, 2020
Hi,

in your opinion, in which state of advancement of a project we have or we can create a discord server for the game and know all their advancement or some stuff like this ?

I mean, create a discord server at the begining of the development is good or not ?

Yuno.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hi,

in your opinion, in which state of advancement of a project we have or we can create a discord server for the game and know all their advancement or some stuff like this ?

I mean, create a discord server at the begining of the development is good or not ?

Yuno.
Yes, definitely start it as early as possible, it's a great place for people to show up when they're curious to meet the devs, see WIP stuff, sign up to help beta-test and in general act as an organizational hub for the project.

As a side-note, treating the Discord like you would Twitter doesn't work; it's a community, and the dev(s) have to actually interact and feed it for it to have any value. If you just want another place to post screenshots every couple of weeks, you'll find the Discord becomes silent and dead.

RikoNee2000

Sep 22, 2020
So i can create a discord server for the advancement but also to talk regulary with the community and not just post screenshot or some stuff, i have to communicate, teasing the WIP, etc. The goal of this is to interact first and second make a look for the advancement ?

And if my game take too long to create, it will not boring people to be on the server ?

I just want to be sure of what u said

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So i can create a discord server for the advancement but also to talk regulary with the community and not just post screenshot or some stuff, i have to communicate, teasing the WIP, etc. The goal of this is to interact first and second make a look for the advancement ?
I just want to be sure of what u said
Yupp. A discord is a great place to build a community, and I know I more or less live on mine. The ones that fail tend to be the ones that just post advertisements every week or two, in the same way they post to reddit or twitter; a player goes to your discord to be part of the community.

RikoNee2000

Sep 22, 2020
Okay got it so, thank u for the answer !

And if i want to share a discord server for a game, where i can do this ?