[Unity] Stationmaster [v0.20] [StationmasterDev]

4.70 star(s) 21 Votes

ta513

Apr 26, 2017
Just a quick comment; I don't know whether it was mentioned or not, but having Raza's auction event select a random famous art piece (ideally that has not yet been selected) would be a nice touch. Getting the Mona Lisa as a gift twice in one game devalues the gift a bit. I don't know how much coding that would require, and it certainly isn't a priority, but just a thought I had when it happened just now.

zebles

Jan 15, 2019
Great game, really nice conception and design.
What is needed:
1. Moar animations. Animations never be too much.
2. More mini-games. A minigame for each activity, in ideal. Arena fights, races, planet raids, slave education, etc... every action deserve an appropriate minigame.
3. Events SHOULD be a pop-up dialogs in default. More information and options in those dialogs.
Also, events need more love, make them deeper and more variative. Make them require some resourses, for example, "rival stationmaster" shouldn't be just a free slave giveaway. If you choose "crush her", you should spend some funds for this, or complete a mini-game.
4. More love to alter-ego. As it was in the Strnghold series. Everyone likes to wach to himself. Maybe female alter-ego?

Jan 21, 2018
@mecha_froggy
"Next: Your enemies not all be buddies with each other. It shouldn't just be you against the galaxy. Let the other factions waste ships & money sparring with each other from time to time, potentially creating weaknesses to exploit or - more importantly - gaining allies for your own campaigns. People would be a lot faster to commit to war if they knew that someone powerful is backing them up."

I think it is OK as it is. Because when you come in to the game it is a equilibrium between the factions. (or call it a Cold War)
But when you come in to the game, you become the unknown as you grow taking over other stations and planets.

The problem as I see it is that all the actions against you start very late in game, relationship < 50 and really war at relationship < 10.
The incident between NSA and Angela Merkel show us that actions start much earlier, even with bed friends. relationship > 80.
And one thing is what the Faction leader do and an other what the military and secret security service do.
I'm trying to do a War Mod about this. Just waiting for 0.20 to see if something have change and I will put it in here to get some critic about it.

Oct 17, 2018
In addition to what Zebles said:

1) A proper bed. Sex animations either have girls floating in the air via tentacles or laying on the floor. I paid $50K for that damn orgy bed, why are we still doing it on the ground? Customization options can come later. Also... I have an orgy bed and still can't do threesomes? *cry* And again, please give us a FreeCam mode.

ScreenShot11.png

2) Pop-up for minigames. I like Zebles idea although I'm not big on the idea of having direct player involvement. Just slave vs slave or slave vs NPC is fine. Another good place for pop-ups, CK2 style. "Arena Fight Results: Jasmine (str 50 agl 75) beat Roxxy (str 40 agl 50). Event earned $500. 17/50 bleacher seats and 2/5 box seats were filled. Fans rated event 3 out 5 stars."

The same thing could later be used for space combat, as well.

1549977188403.png

3) In-game memory sweep. Most graphic bugs can be cleared by saving & reloading, but is there a way to just clear it while in game? A button we could push to give us a black screen for a couple seconds while it reloads all the graphics? I'm no programmer, I have no idea if it would work, but there is something like this for Rimworld to clear up the memory bugs & leaks in that game (it's a mod, not base game).

4) Take avatar to the next level. Again, do what Zebles said and run with it. Guys, girls, straight, gay & bi all love sex games. In the long run, being able to determine the gender of the player's avatar & having a slider to select distribution of slave genders (like in Strive for Power) would expand the game's appeal to a much wider audience. (Hint: You'd make more real world money off Patreon). And while futa isn't my thing, egads it seems to be the fetish of 99% of the internet these days. Surprised it wasn't added on day one. ;)

5) Player stats. Starting off with god-like enhancements in a game where you station starts off with basically nothing seems weird, plus it turns events kinda of same-ish. I think it would be more interesting if these are things that you have to build/buy/research over time, and then event outcomes can change depending on whether certain enhancements are present or not. Think any RPG - a good example would be Pathfinder, where certain choices are limited by player alignment.

Untitled.png

Only instead of alignment, options would depend of having installed certain enhancements. So you wouldn't start off with super strength or bulletproof skin, and you wouldn't be able to exploit those powers in events unless you had acquired them along the way.

6) Shrink the spire. It just takes up too much visual space for being something that is so rarely interacted with. How about this instead - just put an elevator there. You click on the door and it switches to a simple 2D "map of the earth" kind of screen that shows the building slots and what is in them (think X-Com reboot). It would be easier to use, less graphically demanding, and give us more room on the station itself to work with. You could then link the simple 2D pictures of the inserted buildings with easy to read data on them. "Factory - Earns $5K per month at full crew. Current workers: 25/50" Now we know exactly how many menials and bioreactors we need. And switching to 2D would make it easier to add more building types later.

800px-2015-01-21_00001.jpg

7) Complete grid overlay while building. Think any Sims game. Also a "Confirm Y/N" button or an "Undo" button when letting go from dragging, because it's really easy to mess up there.

IMG-TS4-build_009.jpg

Jan 14, 2018
Don't worry too much about where you post stuff. I get automatically alerted on all of the English-language forums that I know about, and keep tabs on them all for good ideas.

I really like a lot of what's here, and a ton of it is going on the list of community improvements. The next couple patches are jam packed with core content (holy shit furry content and gender overhaul one after the other. I'm dying), but I'm planning on doing a community improvements patch once the gender overhaul is sorted.

meh65

Aug 8, 2016
As someone who doesn't like furry and find it honestly weird, since most furries I know are just...weird.
I like this kind of "furry" which IMO is what the cool kids call anthropomorphic. They have legit animal heads for example, not some humanoid version of animal heads.

And the hybrids are similar to say thundercats or something ACTUALLY hybrid I don't consider that furry, similar to khajit in elder scrolls I don't think of them as FURRY. So goodjob with this route.

What I described may give a "what? no its all furry" which ya sure, but to me there is a difference between the furry of say sexualizing the talking animals found in disney movies that are clearly animals yet act like humans and look like humans. And this, which is less fantasy looking and more raw.

The other thing is context, the context works, you are gene splicing and the looks matches the context.

Oct 17, 2018
I like this kind of "furry" which IMO is what the cool kids call anthropomorphic. They have legit animal heads for example, not some humanoid version of animal heads.

And the hybrids are similar to say thundercats or something ACTUALLY hybrid I don't consider that furry, similar to khajit in elder scrolls I don't think of them as FURRY. So goodjob with this route.
You're probably referring to the old "furry scale" thing, right?

You must be registered for see images

Even I won't go past that 70% mark, because IMHO past that it's just plain beastiality (though many in the furry community call it "feral" - don't ask me why). And I get what you mean about "furry" vs "anthro": IMHO, anthro only becomes furry when someone sexualizes it. So if it's G-rated, it's just anthro - kid friendly cartoons, Disney stuff, totally innocent. Only when it becomes R-rated does it become furry. Lingerie, sex scenes, and all that jazz. So unmodded Elder Scrolls, that's anthro. If you sex mod it to bang a Khajitt, then it's furry. But only if.

I really like a lot of what's here, and a ton of it is going on the list of community improvements.
If I could be so bold as to suggest it, of all the ideas I've pitched I think the spire overhaul should be first. It would make the game easier to work on for you later.

Jan 28, 2018
Just a quick comment; I don't know whether it was mentioned or not, but having Raza's auction event select a random famous art piece (ideally that has not yet been selected) would be a nice touch. Getting the Mona Lisa as a gift twice in one game devalues the gift a bit. I don't know how much coding that would require, and it certainly isn't a priority, but just a thought I had when it happened just now.
LOL I have been getting 3-4 Mona Lisas every new game I start. At one point I had a room just for them :D

Oct 17, 2018
Not sure if this will really help anyone or not, but I noticed this:

C:\Users\(yourname)\LocalLow\NobodyYouKnow\Stationmaster\Unity\(random string of numbers)\Analytics\config

Open config with Notepad++

Change to this:

{"prefs":{},"analytics":{"enabled":false},"connect":{"limit_user_tracking":true,"player_opted_out":true,"enabled":false},"performance":{"enabled":true}}

Should hopefully keep Unity for wasting bandwidth and CPU cycles spying on you while you play.

alex2011

Feb 28, 2017
You forgot one, though they are technically still human, LowGravs. I had a few in my last run, they seem to be the most common race not marked as human in the game as far as planet raid slaves.

Nov 18, 2018
Not sure if this will really help anyone or not, but I noticed this:

C:\Users\(yourname)\LocalLow\NobodyYouKnow\Stationmaster\Unity\(random string of numbers)\Analytics\config

Open config with Notepad++

Change to this:

{"prefs":{},"analytics":{"enabled":false},"connect":{"limit_user_tracking":true,"player_opted_out":true,"enabled":false},"performance":{"enabled":true}}

Should hopefully keep Unity for wasting bandwidth and CPU cycles spying on you while you play.
Btw, LocalLow is in AppData and requires you unhide hidden files and folders, in case anyone was confused by that address.

4.70 star(s) 21 Votes