mecha_froggy

Oct 17, 2018
In addition to what Zebles said:

1) A proper bed. Sex animations either have girls floating in the air via tentacles or laying on the floor. I paid $50K for that damn orgy bed, why are we still doing it on the ground? Customization options can come later. Also... I have an orgy bed and still can't do threesomes? *cry* And again, please give us a FreeCam mode.

ScreenShot11.png

2) Pop-up for minigames. I like Zebles idea although I'm not big on the idea of having direct player involvement. Just slave vs slave or slave vs NPC is fine. Another good place for pop-ups, CK2 style. "Arena Fight Results: Jasmine (str 50 agl 75) beat Roxxy (str 40 agl 50). Event earned $500. 17/50 bleacher seats and 2/5 box seats were filled. Fans rated event 3 out 5 stars."

The same thing could later be used for space combat, as well.

1549977188403.png

3) In-game memory sweep. Most graphic bugs can be cleared by saving & reloading, but is there a way to just clear it while in game? A button we could push to give us a black screen for a couple seconds while it reloads all the graphics? I'm no programmer, I have no idea if it would work, but there is something like this for Rimworld to clear up the memory bugs & leaks in that game (it's a mod, not base game).

4) Take avatar to the next level. Again, do what Zebles said and run with it. Guys, girls, straight, gay & bi all love sex games. In the long run, being able to determine the gender of the player's avatar & having a slider to select distribution of slave genders (like in Strive for Power) would expand the game's appeal to a much wider audience. (Hint: You'd make more real world money off Patreon). And while futa isn't my thing, egads it seems to be the fetish of 99% of the internet these days. Surprised it wasn't added on day one. ;)

5) Player stats. Starting off with god-like enhancements in a game where you station starts off with basically nothing seems weird, plus it turns events kinda of same-ish. I think it would be more interesting if these are things that you have to build/buy/research over time, and then event outcomes can change depending on whether certain enhancements are present or not. Think any RPG - a good example would be Pathfinder, where certain choices are limited by player alignment.

Untitled.png

Only instead of alignment, options would depend of having installed certain enhancements. So you wouldn't start off with super strength or bulletproof skin, and you wouldn't be able to exploit those powers in events unless you had acquired them along the way.

6) Shrink the spire. It just takes up too much visual space for being something that is so rarely interacted with. How about this instead - just put an elevator there. You click on the door and it switches to a simple 2D "map of the earth" kind of screen that shows the building slots and what is in them (think X-Com reboot). It would be easier to use, less graphically demanding, and give us more room on the station itself to work with. You could then link the simple 2D pictures of the inserted buildings with easy to read data on them. "Factory - Earns $5K per month at full crew. Current workers: 25/50" Now we know exactly how many menials and bioreactors we need. And switching to 2D would make it easier to add more building types later.

800px-2015-01-21_00001.jpg

7) Complete grid overlay while building. Think any Sims game. Also a "Confirm Y/N" button or an "Undo" button when letting go from dragging, because it's really easy to mess up there.

IMG-TS4-build_009.jpg

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
Don't worry too much about where you post stuff. I get automatically alerted on all of the English-language forums that I know about, and keep tabs on them all for good ideas.

I really like a lot of what's here, and a ton of it is going on the list of community improvements. The next couple patches are jam packed with core content (holy shit furry content and gender overhaul one after the other. I'm dying), but I'm planning on doing a community improvements patch once the gender overhaul is sorted.

meh65

Aug 8, 2016
As someone who doesn't like furry and find it honestly weird, since most furries I know are just...weird.
I like this kind of "furry" which IMO is what the cool kids call anthropomorphic. They have legit animal heads for example, not some humanoid version of animal heads.

And the hybrids are similar to say thundercats or something ACTUALLY hybrid I don't consider that furry, similar to khajit in elder scrolls I don't think of them as FURRY. So goodjob with this route.

What I described may give a "what? no its all furry" which ya sure, but to me there is a difference between the furry of say sexualizing the talking animals found in disney movies that are clearly animals yet act like humans and look like humans. And this, which is less fantasy looking and more raw.

The other thing is context, the context works, you are gene splicing and the looks matches the context.

mecha_froggy

Oct 17, 2018
I like this kind of "furry" which IMO is what the cool kids call anthropomorphic. They have legit animal heads for example, not some humanoid version of animal heads.

And the hybrids are similar to say thundercats or something ACTUALLY hybrid I don't consider that furry, similar to khajit in elder scrolls I don't think of them as FURRY. So goodjob with this route.
You're probably referring to the old "furry scale" thing, right?

Even I won't go past that 70% mark, because IMHO past that it's just plain beastiality (though many in the furry community call it "feral" - don't ask me why). And I get what you mean about "furry" vs "anthro": IMHO, anthro only becomes furry when someone sexualizes it. So if it's G-rated, it's just anthro - kid friendly cartoons, Disney stuff, totally innocent. Only when it becomes R-rated does it become furry. Lingerie, sex scenes, and all that jazz. So unmodded Elder Scrolls, that's anthro. If you sex mod it to bang a Khajitt, then it's furry. But only if.

I really like a lot of what's here, and a ton of it is going on the list of community improvements.
If I could be so bold as to suggest it, of all the ideas I've pitched I think the spire overhaul should be first. It would make the game easier to work on for you later.

mecha_froggy

Oct 17, 2018
Graphic glitch with fuckdolls:

Untitled.png

User and employee not using the same stall. Fuckdolls also continue to animate long after users have left.

skyshreder

Jan 28, 2018
Just a quick comment; I don't know whether it was mentioned or not, but having Raza's auction event select a random famous art piece (ideally that has not yet been selected) would be a nice touch. Getting the Mona Lisa as a gift twice in one game devalues the gift a bit. I don't know how much coding that would require, and it certainly isn't a priority, but just a thought I had when it happened just now.
LOL I have been getting 3-4 Mona Lisas every new game I start. At one point I had a room just for them :D

mecha_froggy

Oct 17, 2018
Not sure if this will really help anyone or not, but I noticed this:

C:\Users\(yourname)\LocalLow\NobodyYouKnow\Stationmaster\Unity\(random string of numbers)\Analytics\config

Open config with Notepad++

Change to this:

{"prefs":{},"analytics":{"enabled":false},"connect":{"limit_user_tracking":true,"player_opted_out":true,"enabled":false},"performance":{"enabled":true}}

Should hopefully keep Unity for wasting bandwidth and CPU cycles spying on you while you play.

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
I didn't know that was in there. There was a guy sniffing network traffic a while ago who didn't seem to see it, so I suspect it's benign. I'll still look into removing it for the next patch though.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
You forgot one, though they are technically still human, LowGravs. I had a few in my last run, they seem to be the most common race not marked as human in the game as far as planet raid slaves.

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Not sure if this will really help anyone or not, but I noticed this:

C:\Users\(yourname)\LocalLow\NobodyYouKnow\Stationmaster\Unity\(random string of numbers)\Analytics\config

Open config with Notepad++

Change to this:

{"prefs":{},"analytics":{"enabled":false},"connect":{"limit_user_tracking":true,"player_opted_out":true,"enabled":false},"performance":{"enabled":true}}

Should hopefully keep Unity for wasting bandwidth and CPU cycles spying on you while you play.
Btw, LocalLow is in AppData and requires you unhide hidden files and folders, in case anyone was confused by that address.

zebles

Jan 15, 2019
A little autentific remark. Slaves, AFAIK, was not allowed to talk about themselves in first person. No "I am" and "me". Only " this one" and by name in third person. This moment may improve the immersion. It will be interesting to see, how obedience affect on slave's speech

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
A little autentific remark. Slaves, AFAIK, was not allowed to talk about themselves in first person. No "I am" and "me". Only " this one" and by name in third person. This moment may improve the immersion. It will be interesting to see, how obedience affect on slave's speech
itrubstheloti128481707984375000.jpg

mecha_froggy

Oct 17, 2018
Something that I just realized is missing: For profit slave training.

Since we've all played Free Cities you know what I mean. You take a cheap, disobedient, annoying slave and throw time & effort into turning them into an ideal servant. Then you can sell them for a huge profit (if you max you personal training skill, you can easily profit $100K or more of even just one slave, given long enough).

Here, however, the price difference in a newly captured abolitionist and a devoted mind-puppet is maybe 25%. Plus training takes forever. It can seriously take literally hours of real world time to max even one skill on a slave. Worst of all, there are no player skills that can change this. None of the trading, slaving, military, etc skills we know from FC are here.

I think that this should be a pretty easy add, as mostly it's just copying stuff that's already been done elsewhere and just tweaking it a little to fit this game better.

So let's look at the problem:

#1: Lack of training furniture types. For skills, there is only one type of furniture per skill. Even the sauna only has two types of furniture - your choice is between the 1 point version and the 2 point version. Office torture racks come in level 1 or 2 as well but that's it. Everything else is one size fits all, and that size is soooooo slow. Considering that having a shitton of money can let you buy solutions to all other problems (big fleets, big factories, lots of menials, etc) that there aren't any super-powered training stuff for the ultra-rich seems like an oversight.

#2: Lack of player skills in the game. Have your avatar get involved and learn stuff, too. Throw money into classes to learn things, just like in FC, that improve your overall performance. Not just slave training, either. Military skill to make your fleet more powerful. Trading skill to increase profits from businesses. Just throw some bookshelves or equipment into the office and spend your non-fucking time more productively. Research could also be a skill if you ever decide to create a tech tree and the mechanics for that. And if you don't want to bother then just sit at your desk and "focus on business" - learn nothing new but increase your general income overall.

#3: Stealing an idea from Tropico, if your avatar heads into a room they can act as an overseer even if you haven't appointed one. Give a boost to whatever the room does. Ships repair faster. Businesses make more money. Tourist stuff becomes more appealing. Slaves learn faster in school. This would mean actually being able to move your avatar, of course, but honestly, that could be implemented very easy. Like "Hold shift while left-click to choose destination" easy.

Reactions: A Common Crab

mecha_froggy

Oct 17, 2018
Suggestion:

Galaxy map is just too damn big. I can beat a game of Stellaris in less time than this game. What's worse is that your planet list screen caps at around 30 and there is no option to scroll it. So even if you have 300+ worlds (which, sadly, is entirely possible) you'll never be able to interact with any more than that first page.

Nor would I really want to, to be honest. If we could shrink that galaxy map to maybe 100 planets or less and then add the ability to actually see them all - or better yet, filter them, then that would save so much tedium.

sinrtb

Nov 4, 2017
Suggestion:

...What's worse is that your planet list screen caps at around 30 and there is no option to scroll it. So even if you have 300+ worlds (which, sadly, is entirely possible) you'll never be able to interact with any more than that first page.

That is likely a bug as you used to be able to control it a version or two ago.

3.70 star(s) 52 Votes