VN - Ren'Py - Steps to Fame [v0.1] [LimWick]

1. 1.00 star(s)

vonamatas

I don't normally write reviews, good or bad.
    I don't know how to make games, I don't speak English, I don't want to judge anyone.

However, this time I will write something, because the enthusiastic reviews generated by AI are a serious problem. These reviews have been removed after being reported to moderation! but there is no guarantee that it won't happen again.

The game itself isn't VERY bad, it deserves a solid rating of 3/10.

As for the script and characters - I completely agree with what Skylaroo writes (previous review), I have nothing to add.

I just wanted to add that the "problem" with the height of several male models in the game is a deliberate action of the developer.

Why 3 (I think 3? or maybe only 2?) male characters - including the MC - were made to be "below average height" is a mystery to me. However, it makes a very bad impression. Of course a 19 year old man CAN look like a chimpanzee, but why?!?

2. 1.00 star(s)

Skylaroo

The only good thing about this game is the character design, and that's what the 1 star is. Everything else is bad. I'm not going into whether it's AI or not because I don't care whether someone used AI or not. What I care is that the end product is bad. If the dev used AI, then they are bad at using it. If they didn't use AI, then they are bad at what they are doing.

The writing is extremely poor.

Characters don't behave logically. MC needed a job, but happy to quit the job on the first day. Best friend needed money, but doesn't care to try finding a job. MC acting like a douche to random strangers, but the girl stranger plays along for whatever reason. Cafe owner fires MC for not showing up to work, but somehow trusts MC to be his celebrity niece's assistant. The supermodel doesn't like MC, but somehow forced to hire him anyway as if someone with 73M followers cannot afford to hire a competent assistant. Every character is written poorly like this.

Then the setting itself. MC and best friend moved to a new city without any money, but somehow able to rent an apartment. They came into the apartment and it's already fully furnished too. Complete with the mess. What kind of rental is this? But that's not all. We also have the school for the children of famous/important people, as if the important/famous people all live in the same city and their kids are all the same age! Remember the supermodel with 73M follower? Yeah, that's the girl that somehow still needs to go to school.

This game needs massive rewrite if it wants to survive.

Not a fan of the fake 5-star reviews either.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

IIILuciIII

good idea. Let's see what comes out of this game! Beautiful graphics, interesting plot. The only thing I don’t like is that there are a lot of errors in the menu, but I fixed it myself for myself! The game still has some work to do. I hope the developer doesn't abandon the game at the very beginning!
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Snusen

Terrible dialogue, Feels Ai generated or just put into google translate and set to english. Half the stuff is just pure gibberish.

Would recommend just to avoid. The renders are nice but what's the point of good renders if the dialogue is completely incomprehensible at certain points.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Zakalwe76

well... i couldn't make myself finish it because of the dialogues - they are plain awful. it's a total disaster - they are simply impossible to digest. animation is fine, models are great (even mc is good - that's in my opinion). the idea is ok, but the plot should be completely rewritten - it looks like a script for cheap bollywood movie. my advise for the dev would be either to abandone this ting or to find someone capable of creating normal script. i hope for the second option, because this game has a potential to become something decent