Stolen work

Monjo

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2022
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I wanted to make a record of this ASAP.
I'm the creator of Learning Curves, and uploaded it to this site several days ago. Several hours ago, Texic uploaded a copy of my game under his name on itch.io. I've already reported this to itch.io, but am making a post here since it is the main forum I am active on. I am the real creator, and am already working on updated content.

My original post on itch.io from several days ago:

His copy from several hours ago:

This is my first game, and this scenario is new to me. I wanted to make this post as a public record, but appreciate any advice anyone has as well.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I wanted to make a record of this ASAP.
I'm the creator of Learning Curves, and uploaded it to this site several days ago. Several hours ago, Texic uploaded a copy of my game under his name on itch.io. I've already reported this to itch.io, but am making a post here since it is the main forum I am active on. I am the real creator, and am already working on updated content.

My original post on itch.io from several days ago:

His copy from several hours ago:

This is my first game, and this scenario is new to me. I wanted to make this post as a public record, but appreciate any advice anyone has as well.
You mean this Texic - https://f95zone.to/threads/milfs-plaza-v0-8-9d-public-texic.66273/

My bet is that the Texic on Itch.io isn't the same as the above - but they should be made aware, all the same, that Milf's Plaza is also on Itch.io.

Monjo

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2022

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Yes. Really weird, as he's an established developer with a much larger following. But if you click "View all by Texic" in the top right on itch.io, it links to his page. I'm not really sure what he's trying to do. The art in my game is a totally different style than his, not sure how he plans to add content without my models.
I updated my post while you replied - I don't think it's the same person, but a person taking both of your properties. The person isn't planning on updating anything - but trying to make a few coins by reposting your stuff.

Reactions: Monjo

Monjo

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2022
I updated my post while you replied - I don't think it's the same person, but a person taking both of your properties. The person isn't planning on updating anything - but trying to make a few coins by reposting your stuff.
Thanks, that makes much more sense. Sorry for the accusations, Texic! I assumed it was just a cash grab, but was in a bit of a panic since it's my first game and I don't have much of a name yet.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
My bet is that the Texic on Itch.io isn't the same as the above [...]
The version available here is 0.8.9d, released two weeks ago, while on itch.io it's the version 0.8.7d, and it was released on there just a month ago. So, I'm tempted to say that you put your money on the right answer.

Texic

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2020
Thank you for reporting this page. I submitted a report to itch support with a complaint.
It is possible that a person has sewn a virus or phishing links into the game file.
My real page: