Favourite characters? (Choose all that you like)

• Total voters

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Just finished and i cant come up with anything negative to say about it honestly, i really liked it. The writing is very good and got a few chuckles out of me at times, the visuals are top notch as well, as are the animations. I also like the little sound effects used at times to emphasize the dialogue, when riley calls the MC for the first time for example. The girls we've seen so far are all cute and from the sneak peek you get at the main menu the girls that we're gonna get in the future look just as good. Tho i do find the model used for the MC a bit weird? But at least it's not the same one used in so many other HS games, it doesn't bother me much, the girls are always what's most important.

I did get the one error others have reported as well but that seems to be fixed already. Oh and for some reason the last animation with Riley kinda went crazy on me, not sure if it's my system or something else cause i didn't have any problems with any of the other animations. Specificaly it happened when the timer bar thingy appeared at top when she's about to cum, the screen started flickering and the animation basically spazzed out but as soon as the bar was gone it played normally again. Again not sure what's going on there but that was the only problem i came across.

Any way great stuff Atemsiel, keep up the good work and i'll definitely keep an eye on this one in the future (y)

Thanks so much for the feedback man, I'm glad you liked it and picked up on all the little bits I did to try to improve the quality. Sound is important to me and will be a part of the game thoughout the entire thing.

I'm kinda curious which girls you saw during the menu as it actually cycles through a random 4 scenes from, a list of about 8 (so far, I have a few in reserve)

Like you said, I think I've fixed the error in Riley's bedroom aside from the workupload links (I dunno if I'm meant to update those, but all other links I've updated) but yeah, my bad, it was a last minute change and I guess I didn't notice it.

As for the Riley's animation, I think I'd have to see it to work out if it's normal or not. This is my first attempy at ren'py, or making VN's in general so my hope is that as I get better I can go back and improve things. I dunno if what you're describing is a bug, or just me not making it all that smooth. If you have further details, please let me know, I'm here so I can make the game I can!

I've just re-read what you said about it and it's definitely not normal. That scene is a little clunky, and there are things I wanna change in future, but I've never had that happen, but I don't know your specs. It might have been a one time issue.
If you've got time, try playing through it again (Just spam your way through with the skip function, but remember press hot as hell because otherwise you won't get that scene) and let me know if the scene behaves the same way.
No problem if you don't have time. I just think it's cool people are playing something I made.

Thanks again for your feedback, I've got a few things to look at tomorrow it seems, and then I return to my development of the next major update! (There will be a minor update before that which will be patreon only, but if it gets leaked here, I'm not gonna remove it. Would just kinda defeat the point if I posted it myself lol)

I forgot to address the MC model. I've had others mention his face being a little odd. Like you say, he won't be featured much, but I'll be looking at it again. I understand that his face isn't really important, but if it throws players off every time they see it, that's bad. I'll be changing it a bit, though I won't be going over older scenes, so it's best I get this done early.

Last edited:
Reactions: iC4v3M4n

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
That hand thingy, I didn't expect that, and it sounds dumb. The only thing I can say really is, well... let's see where this is going. That GATDAM thing though, that shit sounds like a magnet for really, really undesirable future tags. It's nice and all that the MC is willing to go enroll at Stormside so he could protect the girls, but here's hoping that there should be options for a gentler ways of doing things. As well as not including the aforementioned, undesirable tags.

Lastly, there are some parts where shit just keeps flashing, like the countdown where Riley is masturbating and some other parts that I don't remember. Please fix that for the future releases, and might as well ask for where could I find onions. Can't see shit.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
That hand thingy, I didn't expect that, and it sounds dumb. The only thing I can say really is, well... let's see where this is going. That GATDAM thing though, that shit sounds like a magnet for really, really undesirable future tags. It's nice and all that the MC is willing to go enroll at Stormside so he could protect the girls, but here's hoping that there should be options for a gentler ways of doing things. As well as not including the aforementioned, undesirable tags.
If you're worried about NTR or getting cucked in general, that's not the way it's going, and I'm planning to make the next release give a much clearer picture of how it'll be (I've got a full time job though, so I'll do the best I can).

All I'll say is that you'll have enough control to avoid any situations that you dislike.

Lastly, there are some parts where shit just keeps flashing, like the countdown where Riley is masturbating and some other parts that I don't remember. Please fix that for the future releases, and might as well ask for where could I find onions. Can't see shit.
I've literally just heard this from someone actually. Can I ask if you're windows/mac/linux? And also what your computer specs are? I want to try to fix technical issues for people asap. There's nothing worse than a fucked up product.

Oh and yeah, I know the hand thing sounds dumb XD, but I've got a good reason for it which will become more apparent in future versions. (Already used it twice in this one. Imagine what that hand could get up to once you get to a college dorm.... ;)

iC4v3M4n

Jul 19, 2020
I'm kinda curious which girls you saw during the menu as it actually cycles through a random 4 scenes from, a list of about 8 (so far, I have a few in reserve)

As for the Riley's animation, I think I'd have to see it to work out if it's normal or not. This is my first attempy at ren'py, or making VN's in general so my hope is that as I get better I can go back and improve things. I dunno if what you're describing is a bug, or just me not making it all that smooth. If you have further details, please let me know, I'm here so I can make the game I can!

I've just re-read what you said about it and it's definitely not normal. That scene is a little clunky, and there are things I wanna change in future, but I've never had that happen, but I don't know your specs. It might have been a one time issue.
If you've got time, try playing through it again (Just spam your way through with the skip function, but remember press hot as hell because otherwise you won't get that scene) and let me know if the scene behaves the same way.
No problem if you don't have time. I just think it's cool people are playing something I made.
Hmmm well the two girls walking down the school hallway i really liked and the girl with short black hair seems really cute as well. There's another blonde girl besides the one in the hallway but it's kinda hard to tell just from that one angle where they're sitting at the dock or pier or whatever it is. But honestly i can't say i dislike any of them.

And no it's definitely not smoothness or anything like that, i tried reloading a previous save and replaying the scene but got the same result. But i also haven't seen anybody else report this so it might be down to my system (Ryzen 2600 & Radeon RX 5700XT, Windows 10), it's just weird that all the other animations ran fine if that was the case. I'm actually on my laptop now so i might download it again to see it what it does on this

edit: Ok i see someone else has reported it as well while typing this so yeah might be worth looking into what's different about that one animation. It's hard to tell for sure but it seemed like the flickering was coinciding with the timer bar moving forward.

Last edited:

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Hmmm well the two girls walking down the school hallway i really liked and the girl with short black hair seems really cute as well. There's another blonde girl besides the one in the hallway but it's kinda hard to tell just from that one angle where they're sitting at the dock or pier or whatever it is. But honestly i can't say i dislike any of them.

And no it's definitely not smoothness or anything like that, i tried reloading a previous save and replaying the scene but got the same result. But i also haven't seen anybody else report this so it might be down to my system (Ryzen 2600 & Radeon RX 5700XT, Windows 10), it's just weird that all the other animations ran fine if that was the case. I'm actually on my laptop now so i might download it again to see it what it does on this
Very weird, the specs I used to record the footage (980ti and an I7-6700k) are very similar. You're not the only person who's reported this so I'll take a look into it. It's a shame because I kinda like that scene (Probably because Riley is my favourite lol)

To be clear though, I didn't make any characters I dislike, so they're all getting full effort from me. I think Riley is just my favourite because she's the first one I made (She's also cute af imo)

Worry not though, you'll get your chance to meet them all in the next public update! (I imagine someone will post a leaked update here before that, and that's fine, but it might not have all the content yet)

(I just tried it again in dev move to check image cache load but it seems fine. I can't reproduce this. Very strange. It's 5am here as I type this but I'll look into it tomorrow. I hate the idea of releasing broken stuff.)

Last edited:

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
I've literally just heard this from someone actually. Can I ask if you're windows/mac/linux? And also what your computer specs are? I want to try to fix technical issues for people asap. There's nothing worse than a fucked up product.
I have a Windows 10 machine, using GTX 1650 with Intel i7 and having 8 GB of RAM. If I remember it right, when you first launch the game its in full screen right? I played the game in windowed mode, so there's that.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
I have a Windows 10 machine, using GTX 1650 with Intel i7 and having 8 GB of RAM. If I remember it right, when you first launch the game its in full screen right? I played the game in windowed mode, so there's that.
Thanks for the info man, I've just created a poll on the page to see if this is a rampant issue. Technically there's no difference between how this scene works, and how the end of the bath scene works, so I'm gonna see how widespread the issue is based on the poll, and try to fix it based on that.

Edit - Thanks for providing the info that you're in windowed mode. I don't know if that'll affect it, but it's good info. Thanks.

Reactions: DraxisSilencer1000

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
Thanks for the info man, I've just created a poll on the page to see if this is a rampant issue. Technically there's no difference between how this scene works, and how the end of the bath scene works, so I'm gonna see how widespread the issue is based on the poll, and try to fix it based on that.

Edit - Thanks for providing the info that you're in windowed mode. I don't know if that'll affect it, but it's good info. Thanks.
To reiterate, Riley's masturbation scene is not the only time I see the screen flashing. I forgot where else I've seen it, but I know that it occurred somewhere else.

iC4v3M4n

Jul 19, 2020
So i tried running the game on my laptop which is a Intel core i5 with integrated Iris Xe graphics and the animation runs perfectly fine on this system. I do have to add that on my laptop i need to switch the render mode in ren'py games to angle 1 or 2 (i believe this is directx) instead of automatic, for some reason ren'py doesn't play nice with my laptop otherwise. So there's also that to consider...

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
The game is promising so far, i really like it in general. Honey Select + harem is totally my thing. The only thing that worries me is that the dev left the ntr-sharing window open for the future, i hope that will not happen but i will treat the game carefully until dev say definitely no ntr-sharing.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
The game is promising so far, i really like it in general. Honey Select + harem is totally my thing. The only thing that worries me is that the dev left the ntr-sharing window open for the future, i hope that will not happen but i will treat the game carefully until dev say definitely no ntr-sharing.
It's very unlikely that It'll happen since I personally hate those tags, and I know most others do too.
The only way it happens is if the game gets popular and I get a majority of my patrons that want it, and even then I'll make it super easy to avoid entirely. I understand your concerns though.

Edit: I should mention that this has changed. It's now a firm no. No NTR or Sharing, though there may still be gangbang content, but it won't involve other dudes. If you've played the game you may have an idea of where I'm going with this.

Last edited:

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Don't see a Discord link or anything, so I'll post feedback here.

So far, looking pretty good. Given what you've said about NTR, I'm trusting you for now despite what we know so far about the GATDAM stuff. Good prologue, though. Decent writing and good renders with some unique style and effect on them for HS2.

MC appearance: I can see what the previous poster meant about him sometimes seeming to have makeup, but I'm fairly confident that's just the lighting in those scenes, since he looks fine elsewhere. I can tell that you adjusted his features to make him look a bit more 'Western' (Riley too, I think?), which works pretty well. Good call on at least giving him some visual character despite not usually seeing his face. Not all shots can avoid the face every time, and HS has just abjectly terrible default male appearances.

I did get the flashing white during the end of both Cassie's and Riley's scenes during the Sleepover, not just one.

Also, found two minor typos, the types I'd post to a Discord feedback channel:
  • MeetingRiley:
    MC "That's a long way to say {i}\"I was stupid\"{{/i} really."
    # extra { causes the closing italic tag to display in text

• PublicPool:
    MC "So err, is actually something you want? I'm not gonna force you."
    # missing word, should be "is this actually"

Reactions: Atemsiel

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Stormside [v0.1.01] [Atemsiel] crunched

Original / Compressed Size Win: 742 MB / 215 MB - Stormside-v0.1.01-win-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Linux: 735 MB / 205 MB - Stormside-v0.1.01-linux-crunched.tar.bz2
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 725 MB / 198 MB - Stormside-v0.1.01-mac-crunched.zip

Download (Win/Linux/Mac): - -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway!(y) Thanks!;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tools:
UnRen v.0.12v4 (VepsrP/Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.3 (hngg@f95zone) - -

Last edited:

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for letting me know about the typos, I'll get them fixed in the same hotfix as the flashing issue. Just to check btw, did you get the flashing issue during the locker room scene? If you didn't, then I think I know what the problem is. Easy fix, but it'll increase the filesize by a few MB.

As for the NTR thing, I've had a think about it and you're not the only one concerned by it, and combined with the GATDAM system I can see why people are worried. I think I'm going to change my stance on it to "No NTR or Sharing" rather than a loose maybe. To be honest, I straight up don't wanna write or animate it. (Kinda makes you wonder just how the GATDAM system is gonna play out ey XD)

Thanks for subbing btw, I'll be rolling out a discord at some point in the near future and the tiers will get relevent server roles and all that. Until that's done, I intend to keep a close eye on this thread, as well as the patreon site.

Stormside [v0.1.01] [Atemsiel] crunched
Sweet, thanks man. Like you say, it's unofficial and untested, but I'll put a link to your comment in the original post. It's a good option for people with really slow download speeds.

i hope that will not happen but i will treat the game carefully until dev say definitely no ntr-sharing.
I've actually just amended my stance on this as you can see above. I don't wanna animate it, and I'd rather cater to the many who absolutely don't want NTR/Sharing, than the few who do. The game is now officially no NTR/Sharing (unless you count a character that already has a boyfriend that you might get to steal her from, but I don't count that.)

That's not to say there won't necessarily be gangbang content, but they won't involve other dudes. (You'll have to use your imagination to work out how that might play out :D)

Last edited:

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
Thanks for letting me know about the typos, I'll get them fixed in the same hotfix as the flashing issue. Just to check btw, did you get the flashing issue during the locker room scene? If you didn't, then I think I know what the problem is. Easy fix, but it'll increase the filesize by a few MB.

As for the NTR thing, I've had a think about it and you're not the only one concerned by it, and combined with the GATDAM system I can see why people are worried. I think I'm going to change my stance on it to "No NTR or Sharing" rather than a loose maybe. To be honest, I straight up don't wanna write or animate it. (Kinda makes you wonder just how the GATDAM system is gonna play out ey XD)

Thanks for subbing btw, I'll be rolling out a discord at some point in the near future and the tiers will get relvent server roles and all that. Until that's done, I intend to keep a close eye on this thread, as well as the patreon site.

Sweet, thanks man. Like you say, it's unofficial and untested, but I'll put a link to your comment in the original post. It's a good option for people with really slow download speeds.

I've actually just amended my stance on this as you can see above. I don't wanna animate it, and I'd rather cater to the many who absolutely don't want NTR/Sharing, than the few who do. The game is now officially no NTR/Sharing (unless you count a character that already has a boyfriend that you might get to steal her from, but I don't count that.)

That's not to say there won't necessarily be gangbang content, but they won't involve other dudes. (You'll have to use your imagination to work out how that might play out :D)
Thanks for let us know. In the subject of ntr is always better to adopt a firm stand (be in favour or against) than leave it at an ambiguous maybe because is a complicate and controversial subject in the adult visual novel community, plus if you personally don't enjoy it is better don't force you to make it. Is good that you clarify no ntr-sharing in the game. Well I will keep an eye in this game, i think you have in interesting premise with a lot of potential so good luck!

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
I did not get any flashing during the locker room scene, it was just the two girls during the sleepover scenes, so hopefully that helps.

Good to hear! A lot of people are leery of anything that starts to suggest NTR/sharing without an explicit "no NTR/sharing", because we've all been burned before by good harem games that just suddenly and unexpectedly toss in NTR for the dramaz.

Thanks for subbing btw, I'll be rolling out a discord at some point in the near future and the tiers will get relvent server roles and all that. Until that's done, I intend to keep a close eye on this thread, as well as the patreon site.
Sounds good, keep us updated.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
I've just updated the game to v0.1.02 which will hopefully fix the flashing issue in the sleepover scenes. (I don't actually have a way to test it since I didn't get that issue before, so if you play this version, please let me know if it fixed it.)

I've only updated the mega and Gdrive links so far.

Reactions: iC4v3M4n and Tiur

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
I've just updated the game to v0.1.02 which will hopefully fix the flashing issue in the sleepover scenes. (I don't actually have a way to test it since I didn't get that issue before, so if you play this version, please let me know if it fixed it.)
Confirmed that neither sleepover scene shows the flashing now for me with 0.1.02.

4.80 star(s) 70 Votes