4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Zed | Love-Joint

Love-Joint Team
Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
Dafaq!?

I did not expect to read this when I checked out the comments.
If true it's really tragic. :cry:

I really enjoyed DfD and wanted to check out Double Homework in the future.
We plan on continuing Palmer’s legacy by finishing the final chapter of Double Homework, along with continuing development on his two other ideas that he recently announced.

Gaisa

Mar 2, 2018
We plan on continuing Palmer’s legacy by finishing the final chapter of Double Homework, along with continuing development on his two other ideas that he recently announced.
...o_O...:cry:...

I've been keeping tabs on him as well others for a while now and to learn of his passing is quite a shock...

All I can say is My condolences to you and to Palmer's family.

ThompsonBalo

Jul 15, 2020
I would like to see you writing the story that good so whatever you can put in that box makes perfect sense. I can already see your back, giving up to keep the smug face of talking but not acting.
He is right tho, it is absolutely obvious that this game was always intended to tell a story about an incestous relationship and that is not just blatantly obvious by the writing style of the game which indeed wouldn`t make sense otherwise if they were just "friends" but by the other kind of games Palmer created. He just did it that way to bypass the very stupid and bias Patreon law.

So yeah, the writing doesn`t make sense otherwise but that is not a shortcoming of the game or Palmers writing but shows the actual intention of the game and what Palmer wanted it to be. When the game was made, it was clearly the intention to tell a brother and sister relationship which is obvious from the writing and the character design of the MC (Looks too young to be the father)

Reactions: Rexaureus and naoc

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
anyone know how to extract the images?:(
Through great effort on my part, first two years ago and then again today, I've managed to datamine most if not all of the files from Stranded with Her, while maintaining the folder structure in which I found them within subdirectories of . It has all of the game images, the music theme, and a file named ch1_strings.json with all the dialog strings encoded in it.
The game engine seems to rely a vne3 file (which I believe is short for Visual Novel Engine 3), which is a json with several smaller vne3 files encoded in it, some of which are straight hexadecimal asset lists, while the rest are in base64 with extra backslashes added to each of the slashes, which when converted to hexadecimal are zlib archives, which when deflated finally display the true scene files with some readable text in them. I included the decoded zlibs and the files they deflate into in the archive. The archive totals to about ~170 MB when unpacked:

I hope this makes it easier for anyone who was planning to port this game to a more mainstream engine, or just wanted to peruse the assets offline. I also hope the game's surviving developers, if any, don't take serious offense to me posting this.

Ricky | Love-Joint

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2017
Through great effort on my part, first two years ago and then again today, I've managed to datamine most if not all of the files from Stranded with Her, while maintaining the folder structure in which I found them within subdirectories of . It has all of the game images, the music theme, and a file named ch1_strings.json with all the dialog strings encoded in it.
The game engine seems to rely a vne3 file (which I believe is short for Visual Novel Engine 3), which is a json with several smaller vne3 files encoded in it, some of which are straight hexadecimal asset lists, while the rest are in base64 with extra backslashes added to each of the slashes, which when converted to hexadecimal are zlib archives, which when deflated finally display the true scene files with some readable text in them. I included the decoded zlibs and the files they deflate into in the archive. The archive totals to about ~170 MB when unpacked:

I hope this makes it easier for anyone who was planning to port this game to a more mainstream engine, or just wanted to peruse the assets offline. I also hope the game's surviving developers, if any, don't take serious offense to me posting this.
No offense at all. I'm aware everything is exposed when using HTML5. Hopefully someone will have fun with it.
That said, there are several improvements done for this game that never saw the light of day for... reasons...
It's still a small and cute game worth finishing, though. I'll get into it at some point. It is not 100% abandoned.

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
I know this game is most likely abandoned after the death of the creator, but any chance someone could upload a working version? All links seem to be dead.
Can't help you with an upload, but you can play it on a browser from the link under Others: ONLINE.
I think they said it only works through Chrome on their website though.

Computaholica

Aug 10, 2019
The MixDrop and UploadHaven links still work, and I posted an offline link to most of the game's internal files earlier on this page. You can also go to LoveJoint's website to play it online if you want.
UploadHaven is "404 Not Found" and MixDrop is "This site can't provide a secure connection ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR" for me?

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
UploadHaven is "404 Not Found" and MixDrop is "This site can't provide a secure connection ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR" for me?
I'm not having those problems on my end. Sometimes when a link is giving me trouble, I paste it into jDownloader 2 and see if it can find a way to download it for me.

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes