Strange DISTORTIONS

MODEI

Jul 14, 2018
Got strange distortions in yellow area , failing to make the area smoother , can anybody lend me a hand ?
Otherwise I got some kind of method from this thread ( ) , but I just can't undestand it.

here is the screen shot problem.png

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
do another screen shot and make sure it's not highlighted so it doesn't hide what's wrong

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
You may be able to do a simple fix with delta smoothing. If your model doesn't already have a smoothing modifier, go to edit/geometry/add smoothing modifier. In your parameters tab find the smoothing modifier, set the mode to 'base shape' and increas the itteration from 7 to 45, beyond that and all your joints will look a bit too gooey. this isn't a proper fix, but it will make the shaping more consistent, it's usually the fix I use cuz I'm too lazy to do much more than that.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
If you make a new pane called Draw settings you cab change the highlight settings to bounding box only and get rid of that annoying yellow crap.

MODEI

Jul 14, 2018
You may be able to do a simple fix with delta smoothing. If your model doesn't already have a smoothing modifier, go to edit/geometry/add smoothing modifier. In your parameters tab find the smoothing modifier, set the mode to 'base shape' and increas the itteration from 7 to 45, beyond that and all your joints will look a bit too gooey. this isn't a proper fix, but it will make the shaping more consistent, it's usually the fix I use cuz I'm too lazy to do much more than that.
I've tried to use smooth modifier, it always cause another distortion problem.

MODEI

Jul 14, 2018
Sorry to get back to you so late,I do have bend control working , it seems like these disortions causing by bending too much,and I tried every slider in morphing body ,none of those correcting the area where disortions appeared , I consider that these disortions are unfixable. Thank you for all the help !

Last edited: