Daz Strange surface bug on a G8 figure

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
I'm using a wet and Tanned skins product. I saved one figure using these wet shaders as a scene subset and also as a character. When I load the character in a new scene, everything is ok.
But when I load that character in one existing scene, arms and legs have a different color than the rest of the body.

SliveEmerald

Sep 22, 2020
In what way is the color different? Is it a very strange color like neon green or some weird offset from the skin. Many Wet and Tanned products use a script the creator designed to apply texture effects to a character's skin and sometimes these don't do well when saved as a scene subset or a character for whatever reason. Try to save the character without the wet skin effect and add the effect after it's loaded into scene rather than making it part of character preset file.

Personally, I wouldn't waste money on wet skins products. It's very very easy to do for yourself. Here's a guide:

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
In what way is the color different? Is it a very strange color like neon green or some weird offset from the skin. Many Wet and Tanned products use a script the creator designed to apply texture effects to a character's skin and sometimes these don't do well when saved as a scene subset or a character for whatever reason. Try to save the character without the wet skin effect and add the effect after it's loaded into scene rather than making it part of character preset file.

Personally, I wouldn't waste money on wet skins products. It's very very easy to do for yourself. Here's a guide:

It is something like a lighter and darker color (something like a different tan) on the thighs and pelvis, although all the properties of the surface are the same.

I think it's a corrupt file that keeps something in memory that doesn't appear in the surface parameters.

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
I somehow solved the problem and rewrote save. It helped me to re-use the script for wet and tanned skin and then reload the character. But it's weird, because the anomaly appeared in that scene even on a character without tanned and wet skin applied.

It was almost as if there was some cache in which part of those effects remained and was automatically applied to the character without that effect.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
lawfullame I don't get it. Script?
Anyway, 2022 and i still have that same problem.
I just spend a whole day to re-render because i was trying to figure out why it wasn't working.
First the arm had a different color. Now the top is fine but the legs have now a different color.
So i checked in the surface tab but everything seems the same between the arms and legs. So what is it actually that causing this problem.
Here is a sample of my bimbo that is in need of some tan.
If i knew how to to reload a script so it loads correctly that would probably help but i am not sure how you do that.
Thanks

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Well, yes. It seems to clicky again in the setup helps.
So zeroing first the figure and then applying everything all over works to fix that issue.
What doesn't work (all the time) seems to save the figure with tan applied and then load it into a scene. Something is getting lost doing that.

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
lawfullame I don't get it. Script?
Anyway, 2022 and i still have that same problem.
I just spend a whole day to re-render because i was trying to figure out why it wasn't working.
First the arm had a different color. Now the top is fine but the legs have now a different color.
So i checked in the surface tab but everything seems the same between the arms and legs. So what is it actually that causing this problem.
Here is a sample of my bimbo that is in need of some tan.
If i knew how to to reload a script so it loads correctly that would probably help but i am not sure how you do that.
Thanks

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

it is caused by using a tattoo asset that's not for that skin texture or a shell
but sometimes using Golden Palace v2 4-Shell Fix does fix it but not always

Reactions: coffeeaddicted

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
it is caused by using a tattoo asset that's not for that skin texture or a shell
but sometimes using Golden Palace v2 4-Shell Fix does fix it but not always
I am honestly not sure.
After re-applying the tan in every scene again it worked.
Maybe it's because when you have to many textures it will cause problems?
I will re-try at one point but when it works, its really great. What seems not have worked for some reason is, as i usually do, to use a pre-made character with the tan and just merge it to the scene. This is what i did and ended up with an imperfect skin.