Others - Streets of Ryona [v1.2.8 Demo] [mod_princess]

1. 1.00 star(s)

AssclownMcBrown

Streets of Ryona smells like it's fresh out of a time capsule from the early 2000s, featuring all of the classic elements of a flash game from Newgrounds: ripped assets, clashing styles, and mixed bittages. To lend to the vibe, there's almost no original art and most of the animations are simple edits of previously existing frames.

The gameplay is fine for a beat-'em-up.

Frankly, the game feels soulless. I would not recommend playing it.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Amerika

The game is a middling MUGEN beat up game. There is about 3 animations that work when it comes to getting grappled. The download size is reasonable for the amount of content you get, and that is not saying as much. My review has as much content as this game has. I suggest skipping this one for now.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

VictorDoUrden

So I can't rate the full version but my rating is for this demo.

The animation and looks to the original SoR is top notch.

I'd five star is as it looks and seems like it is a 5 star project. However like I said this rating is for this demo. The demo does not tell you you can't progress in anything. The arcade the enemy never takes damage so that stage is all you get. So no point in other modes. The inability to face the direction of your choosing is damn infuriating! I take a star off for that alone. It makes sense in a 2d battle versus game. However if facing MORE then one enemy..... I really should not need to explain why it would be annoying AF to not turn to face the 5+ enemies behind you..... :/