Unreal Engine String Machine [Development Thread]

mayancoyote

Apr 28, 2024
Hey! Hope you're doing well.

I'm mayancoyote, a solo developer working on my first game String Machine.

* Game Mechanics (roguelike, strategy, card-battler):
If you've already played Shogun Showdown, you'll find that String Machine draws a lot of inspiration from it, but with lewds.

* Concept and Stage:
The story takes place in a cyberpunk world in war where certain women are chosen to become String Machine Maidens, warriors that cannot die. These women connect their lives to a machine that resurrects them each time they die. When a SMM is born, a SM Priestess is assigned to her to operate the machine, and will accompany her throughout her entire life.

The game is currently in its early stages of development. I will be providing updates on the progress of SM through this thread.

[6-2024]
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I've created an early-stage package for you to try (windows only) through this .
I would appreciate it if you could test it and report any bugs you find, as correcting them now will save me from future headaches.
n.n

Please ask any questions you could have!

mayancoyote

Apr 28, 2024
This week, I've been focusing on the main mechanics. I've implemented a spawn system where new enemies appear either when the last one is killed or when the player spends several turns without eliminating the last enemy.

View attachment Demo.mp4

Reactions: TheExordick