3.60 star(s) 21 Votes

sgenter

Dec 8, 2021
Any idea if how much energy you have when training makes a difference?
Also, what is the last training for in the gym?
Normally, your energy will go down each time you exercise. You need a minimum of 6 energy to exercise 1 time at the gym. When starting a new game, your energy is some what low and exercising will put it at zero. As you exercise using cardio, you will notice an increase to endurance but it takes time. It will also increase your energy as well.

Your endurance will go up 1 point for every 1 to 2 time(s) you exercise using Cardio at the gym until it reaches 100. Then no more points to endurance as you are maxed. Your energy will also increase.

Endurance is needed for your sexual encounters with NPC's. As well as having your energy close to maxed out. Otherwise your sexual encounter will end abruptly without satisfying your date.

As far as the last exercise at the gym: Sometimes even after using Cardio and weight lifting(Strength), you will find that your Fitness is still below 100. Some use this to get that to 100. I haven't seen where this improves anything else other than Strength and Fitness.

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
Normally, your energy will go down each time you exercise. You need a minimum of 6 energy to exercise 1 time at the gym. When starting a new game, your energy is some what low and exercising will put it at zero. As you exercise using cardio, you will notice an increase to endurance but it takes time. It will also increase your energy as well.

Your endurance will go up 1 point for every 1 to 2 time(s) you exercise using Cardio at the gym until it reaches 100. Then no more points to endurance as you are maxed. Your energy will also increase.

Endurance is needed for your sexual encounters with NPC's. As well as having your energy close to maxed out. Otherwise your sexual encounter will end abruptly without satisfying your date.

As far as the last exercise at the gym: Sometimes even after using Cardio and weight lifting(Strength), you will find that your Fitness is still below 100. Some use this to get that to 100. I haven't seen where this improves anything else other than Strength and Fitness.

Thanks for the reply. Regarding the last exercise I was thinking that maybe it slightly improves looks? (not to far from what your image dictates).

Regarding the energy to training ratio, while your response was extensive it's still not clear to me.
if I train with 60 energy or train with 15 energy, how does that translate? Do I get 4 times the endurance from the 60 energy training then the low energy one? Do I get at least twice, do I get the same?
I know that in theory one could do the training, save and check the save to see the stat but since a lot of the stuff in game is RNG I was not sure if this is the same here so I was not encouraged to do it. If it is not known, maybe I will do a few tests, to see the results.
I was asking because if you really want to focus on training you could go to the gym in the morning train, go home, sleep (get about 20 energy) and go back to the gym for a second training, if they are about as effective. If they are not, the second training is not really worth it, 20 energy could easily be better spent on talking in your club or something.

The more I play this game, the more RNG I encounter and it's getting increasingly frustrating. The only thing that is interesting for me at the moment is the voting process (even though I barely got to dancers allowed and the first revealing clothing). And that is because it's too much RNG involved in everything else.
There are also stats that are not clear or explained like the business skill, or the attraction value. Lewdness is also waaay to static for my liking. I mean, you get someone from a prude to liking sex in public and they still retain their original lewdness? What kind of logic is that? Same with you, you do all this crazy stuff and you are still at the low value.
I mean, at this moment, the best way to "win" is to get straight women with high lewdness (preferably 100) in the city hall and make them all your girlfriends. That's a ridiculous way to go about it because you can't "corrupt" the existing politicians into being more lewd.

Sorry for the long rant, it's because I liked this game so much at the start and after 2 days I'm starting to loose interest in it which is disappointing because of the huge potential it has with some minor tweaks.

Not YrBroom

Feb 9, 2023
I mean we have the option of trying to change an opinion but we don't have the option to find out an opinion? It makes no sense. And when finding out an opinion, if we don't have it yet, we would settle it as well.
I like this idea. I expect there'd be a chance that the person doesn't want to tell you, which combined with burning a time slot could keep this from being an overpowered feature.

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
I like this idea. I expect there'd be a chance that the person doesn't want to tell you, which combined with burning a time slot could keep this from being an overpowered feature.
I mean of course there should be some requirements like the relationship/opinion but they should be lower then the ones for change opinion. And I would hope with little to no randomness in it.
There could also be 2 options,
- 1 for exchange opinion in a certain category, where you learn something new about them in that category and they learn something about you, and if it's not decided you can decide on it then, which could be a good way to start filling in your own opinions
- the other for trying to find out an exact opinion, just like the change opinion selection.

sgenter

Dec 8, 2021
Thanks for the reply. Regarding the last exercise I was thinking that maybe it slightly improves looks? (not to far from what your image dictates).

Regarding the energy to training ratio, while your response was extensive it's still not clear to me.
if I train with 60 energy or train with 15 energy, how does that translate? Do I get 4 times the endurance from the 60 energy training then the low energy one? Do I get at least twice, do I get the same?
I know that in theory one could do the training, save and check the save to see the stat but since a lot of the stuff in game is RNG I was not sure if this is the same here so I was not encouraged to do it. If it is not known, maybe I will do a few tests, to see the results.
I was asking because if you really want to focus on training you could go to the gym in the morning train, go home, sleep (get about 20 energy) and go back to the gym for a second training, if they are about as effective. If they are not, the second training is not really worth it, 20 energy could easily be better spent on talking in your club or something.

The more I play this game, the more RNG I encounter and it's getting increasingly frustrating. The only thing that is interesting for me at the moment is the voting process (even though I barely got to dancers allowed and the first revealing clothing). And that is because it's too much RNG involved in everything else.
There are also stats that are not clear or explained like the business skill, or the attraction value. Lewdness is also waaay to static for my liking. I mean, you get someone from a prude to liking sex in public and they still retain their original lewdness? What kind of logic is that? Same with you, you do all this crazy stuff and you are still at the low value.
I mean, at this moment, the best way to "win" is to get straight women with high lewdness (preferably 100) in the city hall and make them all your girlfriends. That's a ridiculous way to go about it because you can't "corrupt" the existing politicians into being more lewd.

Sorry for the long rant, it's because I liked this game so much at the start and after 2 days I'm starting to loose interest in it which is disappointing because of the huge potential it has with some minor tweaks.
Glad I was able to help somewhat.

There is no ratio when doing any exercise dependent on your energy level. You will get the same amount of endurance and energy points regardless of your energy levels at the time you actually exercise. Having 6 energy or having 100 energy will yield the same points. I believe it is a fixed(static) amount of points received. I go to the gym in the morning and train cardio. Stay in the gym and train again at noon. Then I go get coffee and go back to the gym for an afternoon session. 3 training sessions which yield approximately 2 Endurance points and 2 energy points which you will not see until you sleep at night.

Also, I have been able to increase my lewdness by simply 'exposing' myself to others. I also have had some NPC's increase their lewdness by simply having their 'Revealing Clothes' opinion changed to like or love AND by changing opinions like 'Public Nudity' or 'Sex in Public' or 'Casual Sex' to like or love. But it only increases once and by a point or two. It will not make someone with -20 Lewdness become someone with 0 Lewdness.

Watch out for women with high to very high Willpower(70+). Avoid them like the plague!!! You will not be able to change most sexual opinions when their willpower is that high. Some will(1 to 3%) but most will not.

And don't give up on the game, TotalFluke is a good developer and will take most things into consideration he hears from his users. He does pay attention to the comments in here.

Good luck!

Reactions: lhucio

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
Glad I was able to help somewhat.

There is no ratio when doing any exercise dependent on your energy level. You will get the same amount of endurance and energy points regardless of your energy levels at the time you actually exercise. Having 6 energy or having 100 energy will yield the same points. I believe it is a fixed(static) amount of points received. I go to the gym in the morning and train cardio. Stay in the gym and train again at noon. Then I go get coffee and go back to the gym for an afternoon session. 3 training sessions which yield approximately 2 Endurance points and 2 energy points which you will not see until you sleep at night.

Also, I have been able to increase my lewdness by simply 'exposing' myself to others. I also have had some NPC's increase their lewdness by simply having their 'Revealing Clothes' opinion changed to like or love AND by changing opinions like 'Public Nudity' or 'Sex in Public' or 'Casual Sex' to like or love. But it only increases once and by a point or two. It will not make someone with -20 Lewdness become someone with 0 Lewdness.

Watch out for women with high to very high Willpower(70+). Avoid them like the plague!!! You will not be able to change most sexual opinions when their willpower is that high. Some will(1 to 3%) but most will not.

And don't give up on the game, TotalFluke is a good developer and will take most things into consideration he hears from his users. He does pay attention to the comments in here.

Good luck!
Thank you for this answer, exactly what I was looking for. This means, like you said, you could squeeze in 3 training some day for max results. Does the max energy cap at 100 when you get full endurance (maybe full strength as well) ?

I changed some opinions like the ones you said and indeed, sometimes some small changes happen, but way too small. You have to replace all city halls staff in the end, at least once, if not more times if you want to get the latest laws.
I haven't tried flashing, but I had sex in public a bunch of time in front of people and I gained like 2 or 3 lewdness since the game began, in like 10 months. My district gained more lewdness than me...

Good tip on the willpower, hadn't thought of that, I have a high willpower myself, but yea, if they have it too, you're doomed. I am now trying to get my older sister (the hot one this run, the other one is a fat chick I don't want to touch) to change her opinion on incest and/or faith. No luck with either after a lot of tries, about 98 opinion, 100 attraction. She is also my girlfriend already, even if she is against incest which is the weirdest thing, but she barely kissed me two times, most of the times she doesn't even want to do that. What kind of girlfriend is that ?:D. I managed to change other opinions like making her love polyamory or liking revealing clothes, she just doesn't budge on faith or incest. And it's annoying I don't know what her current stance is and can't find out.

I won't give on up on the game, it has such a great potential, it's just very grindy without a reason (can't even skip days if you want) and with no end in sight, because the actions you can take for days, sometimes feel like they have no value.

It's also sad that the help is not enough and there's not a guide in here to detail some of the stuff.

I'm thinking now that maybe I will keep my own excel and after some actions taken I will go into the save and manually change the values I consider to be fair. Like I have sex with a chick 5 times in public, I will increase her lewdness by 0.5 per sex act or something, will have to think of the right values. Maybe I'll think of some actions that I will consider can reduce willpower (like making them love submissiveness and will have to think of a few more) and then do the same thing with the save file editing.

It also feel frustrating when you have a friend with a value of 50 or more in opinion you want to talk to and they aren't interested. Like wth... Or talk with someone with low intelligence with the option to increase their opinion of you and it doesn't work.

sgenter

Dec 8, 2021
Thank you for this answer, exactly what I was looking for. This means, like you said, you could squeeze in 3 training some day for max results. Does the max energy cap at 100 when you get full endurance (maybe full strength as well) ?
Doing Cardio will in fact get your Energy and Endurance to 100. They go hand in hand by doing only Cardio related exercises. Nothing else will raise endurance except Cardio, Running, and sometimes swimming. Weight lifting and Sculpting will raise your Strength only.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
-it may be impossible with the way the game is set up, but I'd like to be able to choose where the rooms in my club are, so I can adjust the layout. Which should lead to the ability to demolish rooms as well.
-I'd also like to be able to move staff into an empty "room", as well as emptying a named room, so I can pick and choose who goes into what room. Like a temp staff waiting room.
-some sort of work roster for staff, so days off can be planned.
-The security room could be bigger when the Club gets to max size.
-more bathrooms for larger clubs. One bathroom for 4 bars and three restaurants is a little unrealistic >.>
-a second entrance option when/if the amount of visitors starts to overwhelm the current one.
-some sort of resolution to the gangster issue. I don't paticuarily enjoy losing all my health every other week, even when I'm at 100 str and 100 fighting, and I have two security staff with the same stats.
Thanks for the suggestions. I honestly don't expect to do any additional work on the club layout stuff. It doesn't make a difference game-wise. I understand that sometimes is hard to remember where every room is, so I get why some may want more control over that. Rooms have preferred spots so that even on multiple play throughs they should be in around the same spot but not always, specially if one varies the order in which the rooms are built and the club is expanded.

Demolishing a room is not something I'd expect to do either. It creates all kinds of complications and not sure what the benefit would be unless to fix a mistake. Not sure what you mean by moving staff to an empty room. What would be the point of that?

I have started a couple of times a work shift concept in which there are different work shifts and you assign employees to each shift but it gets really complex and more importantly is BORING! But that's still in the list of things to do at some point.

The gangster issue I said yesterday that still needs an end. Will hopefully come in the next release.

Thanks again for your quick reply. BTW, I don't condone violence using guns or in any form actually. Sorry for that comment if it was offensive. Just wishing for a way to deal with the Mob permanently. And to defend my own property and girls. The football example also was including College and High School but you are correct in as much as it's the exception.

Once I read your reply I checked all 6 of my play through's. Only 1 had 41 health. The other 5 ranged from 23 to 35. So I guess I'm lucky to have those at those health levels after your explanation.

My problem in 4 of the play through's is that I'm at the stage where the next Mob visit(4th or 5th visit), he wants me to provide a girl for him to have fun with. This is a direction the game goes in that I don't care for. I know it's sort of hypocritical as I'm in the Stripper/Backroom business but I kind of want to be the Boss of the women in my own club. I don't like being subjugated in my own place and told what to do. Nobody does. Anyway, I stopped playing these as I did not want to deal with this as is. But as it's currently coded, it's unavoidable once you get big enough.

What actually trigger's the Mob visit? By avoiding the trigger, I can start a new play through and avoid it altogether until you have a solution or resolution I should say.

I've probably have over 1000+ hours into playing. Wasn't kidding when I said I loved this game. I will continue to look forward to your releases as they come. Thanks for this game, it has given me many many hours of happy game time.
No worries, it wasn't offensive, just don't want to turn this into a shoot em up game lol. (I mean I give you a gun and half the people here will start shooting every other male character on sight!). The mobsters show up when the majority of the clubs (3) have expanded the club once (i.e. 20 room spots) and don't have any debt. So no good way to prevent it from kicking off. They also won't visit you if you have debt or have negative cash flow. So you can stop auto paying your loans and keep a low amount of debt and that should prevent them from showing up.

After starting a new game, I've played around a bit, got to September now.

I have one main problem (If there is a way to do this I couldn't find it): opinions.
I hate that I can't talk to people and find out their opinion on certain topics, like in the interview, and I can't decide how I feel on certain things and it's all random and I have for people to talk to be about stuff to decide.
I mean we have the option of trying to change an opinion but we don't have the option to find out an opinion? It makes no sense. And when finding out an opinion, if we don't have it yet, we would settle it as well.
I hope this gets implemented soon as it's not such a big change in development but it makes an impact on the game.
Letting you pick your own opinions would be too overpowered. If I were to allow that, then the bonus for changing someone's opinion to the opinion you hold would need to be removed. And in the end it would be just as hard. This adds an extra level of game play where you need to interact with different people to gain the opportunity to pick your opinion. It's just something that adds a bit of challenge to the game.

Not having a way to find out an opinion is a different issue and something that's on the list to do. As someone else suggested, the other person may refuse to tell you, if they don't like you.

So this explains the endurance/energy pretty well. Just a couple of points... endurance drives your max energy (the amount of energy you have each morning after sleeping). The higher the endurance, the higher your max energy.

All exercises (cardio, weight lifting, muscle toning, running, swimming, even taking a walk) improve both your endurance and your fitness. Difference exercises affect them differently and some are low enough that you probably won't notice it. For example, running helps your endurance way more than your fitness, while weight lifting affects both around the same and muscle toning improves your fitness more than endurance. Walking improves both a very tiny amount. Etc.

In general, fitness doesn't matter much. It will make you more attractive to those that are attracted to fit bodies. It may also improve your baseline health. Endurance is way more important which is why cardio is the best thing you can do. Early on if you don't want to spend the money for a gym membership running in the park is fine.

Energy just sets a limit of what you can do. If you have enough energy to do the exercise you get the full benefits of it. You don't get more or less improvements if you have more or less energy. So yes, in your example, training twice a day provides twice the benefit of doing it once.

The RNG is necessary so that you don't get the same answer every time. If there was no RNG, and everything was just a formula then the game would be pretty boring. There would be stuff you could never do. There would be no mystery or unexpected results. So you need a RNG to create varied experiences and a good game experience.

The business skill affects how good someone is at the various manager jobs. You can get the info from the Job details (in the help) to see how much it matters. Attraction value is a value -100 to 100 that indicates how much someone is attracted to you. It's based on their various attraction likes (things like whether they like tall people and you are tall).

As for the lewdness, it should be extremely rare for a person with say negative lewdness to like public sex. They would need to have extremely low will and low rationality for that to happen. Clearly a one off. If you want your own character to be more lewd, pick that as your top ability during the character setup. I'm not really understanding what it is that you are complaining about. If you want an overpowered character that doesn't have the contraints of the base game, there's ways to do that. Others have posted on this thread how to. And there's nothing wrong with that. I don't care how people play the game.

sgenter

Dec 8, 2021
No worries, it wasn't offensive, just don't want to turn this into a shoot em up game lol. (I mean I give you a gun and half the people here will start shooting every other male character on sight!). The mobsters show up when the majority of the clubs (3) have expanded the club once (i.e. 20 room spots) and don't have any debt. So no good way to prevent it from kicking off. They also won't visit you if you have debt or have negative cash flow. So you can stop auto paying your loans and keep a low amount of debt and that should prevent them from showing up.
Thanks again for the explanation. Kind of figured out about expanding the club was 1 trigger so my 6th play through has just the original 10 rooms. Haven't expanded and no Mob yet. :) And I'm still making money, and no debt. But I kind of cheated and changed the starting money from 5K to 500K. hahaha. But that won't help when 3 of the other clubs have expanded. The Mob will still come eventually even with just the starting 10 rooms. This just means that you (please please) will have to come up with some kind of resolution to the Mob problem. lol. Heck, I'll even think about it further and offer some options if you want.

Please consider getting a 'Buy Me a Coffee' account so I can make a donation. You deserve some compensation and I mean deserve. I just will not under any circumstances get a Patreon account or sign up as they want to control everything about your work and limit your audience and what you can write/develop. I don't know why developers choose Patreon. Get a Paypal account and advertise donations to that bypassing Patreon altogether. Unless F95 disallows that.

Please have a great day.

Reactions: Watsonholmes

warpspasm128

Apr 13, 2020
Has the Happiness stat been rebalanced in the new release? I seem to be running into an issue where everyone's Happiness is really high, even the unemployed people. That is making it impossible for me to hire anyone, because everyone is perfectly happy where they're at and won't change jobs.

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
Letting you pick your own opinions would be too overpowered. If I were to allow that, then the bonus for changing someone's opinion to the opinion you hold would need to be removed. And in the end it would be just as hard. This adds an extra level of game play where you need to interact with different people to gain the opportunity to pick your opinion. It's just something that adds a bit of challenge to the game.
I don't know how you do it right now with deciding on what a discussion might lead to you choosing an opinion but it's extremely random.
In this second playthrough of mine I got lucky and got polyamouros really quickly so I have like 10 girlfriends all happy in under one year. If you get unlucky you could spend 4-5 years trying to achieve the same result.
I understand choosing them outright is too overpowered but maybe a way to steer conversation to a different topic (like sexual preference) and then having a chance to either talk about something you already have an opinion on or discover a new one.
Any way to at least steer the conversation towards that instead of hoping the event happens, even if it's not 100% guaranteed.

Not having a way to find out an opinion is a different issue and something that's on the list to do. As someone else suggested, the other person may refuse to tell you, if they don't like you.
I totally agree with that. It under no way should be a 100% success rate no matter the relationship. You could even make it like depending on your relationship you can work towards finding out. Let's say you need 100 points to find out the answer. Each time you talk about it, you get some points depending on different stats and when you get 100 or more, you find out.

So this explains the endurance/energy pretty well. Just a couple of points... endurance drives your max energy (the amount of energy you have each morning after sleeping). The higher the endurance, the higher your max energy.

All exercises (cardio, weight lifting, muscle toning, running, swimming, even taking a walk) improve both your endurance and your fitness. Difference exercises affect them differently and some are low enough that you probably won't notice it. For example, running helps your endurance way more than your fitness, while weight lifting affects both around the same and muscle toning improves your fitness more than endurance. Walking improves both a very tiny amount. Etc.

In general, fitness doesn't matter much. It will make you more attractive to those that are attracted to fit bodies. It may also improve your baseline health. Endurance is way more important which is why cardio is the best thing you can do. Early on if you don't want to spend the money for a gym membership running in the park is fine.

Energy just sets a limit of what you can do. If you have enough energy to do the exercise you get the full benefits of it. You don't get more or less improvements if you have more or less energy. So yes, in your example, training twice a day provides twice the benefit of doing it once.
Thank you for this full explanation.

The RNG is necessary so that you don't get the same answer every time. If there was no RNG, and everything was just a formula then the game would be pretty boring. There would be stuff you could never do. There would be no mystery or unexpected results. So you need a RNG to create varied experiences and a good game experience.
I understand and agree that some RNG is needed to make the game interesting and allow for replayability.
But for example in my first playthrough I met with the morality police or how they are called in the first 2 months and could join them. In this second one I am in October and have no idea where they are or even if they are in the game yet.
I could play for 20 game years and not be able to choose my opinion on incest which would not allow me to change my sisters mind on it either.
You can talk to someone who dislikes you and he is interested or talk to a friend with 60 opinion of you and be disinterested.
Even the fact that the city council don't always meet and vote on same days is weird. Why the RNG there? Why not always the same days for consistency ? It would make sense from a real world view as well as a gameplay view to be the same date.
And there are more examples.
There has to be a way to guide towards something and in that something, some rng. If not, You are just going through days, hoping certain things will happen that allow you to progress.

The business skill affects how good someone is at the various manager jobs. You can get the info from the Job details (in the help) to see how much it matters. Attraction value is a value -100 to 100 that indicates how much someone is attracted to you. It's based on their various attraction likes (things like whether they like tall people and you are tall).
Thank you for that, I didn't get to a point where manager is a job yet so I didn't know to check it. I kept expecting it to help me be better with the accounts or something.
Regarding attraction, if you are tall and someone dislikes tall people, I expect their attraction is lower (let's say 60). If you change their mind to them loving tall people, does it then jump to 80 or whatever number it would have been if they loved tall people from the start?

As for the lewdness, it should be extremely rare for a person with say negative lewdness to like public sex. They would need to have extremely low will and low rationality for that to happen. Clearly a one off. If you want your own character to be more lewd, pick that as your top ability during the character setup. I'm not really understanding what it is that you are complaining about. If you want an overpowered character that doesn't have the contraints of the base game, there's ways to do that. Others have posted on this thread how to. And there's nothing wrong with that. I don't care how people play the game.
She has like 8 or 10 lewdness and we had sex both in the library and in my club (not office). Both time in front of other people.
I'm not saying have sex with her once and get her lewdness from 8 to 50 but should every time we do that make her more lewd? (up to a certain point, which action could have a different weight, just like opinions)
And regarding my own character's lewdness, yes I would like to be able to grow it. I would like to be able to improve all my stats, like in an RPG type of way. I don't see that as overpowered. You start the game harder and some parts of it get easier as it progresses, but it wouldn't be a problem because the requirements of the game would get harder as well.
Why not improve lewdness if you do lewd acts, improve intelligence if you read (and maybe do some other stuff) and so on? As I mentioned in one of my posts, I increased the district lewdness from 1 to 9 but I can't increase mine? How does that make sense.
And I know I can enter the save game and give myself perfect stats or whatever but it's now what I want my game to be, I want to be able to grow organically. I mean, I could enter the save game after each month and based on my actions increase different stats but that tracking that would take away from the enjoyment of playing the game as it would easily become a chore.

Please take the fact that I am commenting so much, and writing all these things as a compliment to the game you made. I like it a lot, it's why I am so invested. It is just frustrating when you can't do some of the other things yet.

Aug 9, 2018
Doing Cardio will in fact get your Energy and Endurance to 100. They go hand in hand by doing only Cardio related exercises. Nothing else will raise endurance except Cardio, Running, and sometimes swimming. Weight lifting and Sculpting will raise your Strength only.
This isn't 100% correct.

Sculpting improves the Fitness stat.

Reactions: TotalFluke

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
Cool that ai_log info is really helpful. So that gap from march to july is really weird and should not happen. The main reason I can see for it is that the event that picks the law was crashing before it finished (which is why it didn't get logged). The event should fire between 12-24 days or so. So the other two examples are kind of the two extremes. But for the gap, if it crashed is probably cause there's some bad data somewhere. This can happen if you modify a save file by hand or make a change via the console and don't do it right. Or it can happen because a bug caused a commissioner to not have a favorite law or something. The answer was probably in the game log file but it's too late now to get it as whatever was preventing it is now ok.

I wish I had better answer.

As for the commissioners getting stuck on a vote, that can happen and it's frustrating when it does. In general, if there's no law selected, the next vote they will be less likely to abstain to prevent deadlocks. You are right that telling them to like a law doesn't affect the selection of the next law. However, what you can do is try to change their opinions on certain things. Use the know them better interaction a lot to find out their will power. If you have plenty of cash (which may not be the case that early in the game) you can also use the PI to do a background check on them. Anyway, find their will power and focus on the lowest one. Then get them to like things like revealing clothing, dancing, entertainment work and voyeur (although that one is hard to do). That will improve their opinion of the club entertainment options. There's also a bit of randomness involved here to shake things up a bit an avoid them getting stuck. It does seem like you were dealt is pretty bad hand with those commissioners cause passing the Dancers allowed law should not be a problem.

You lewdness does not change. You are pretty much stuck with the original value. There's a few situations that will lower it but it doesn't go up. For others, there's one way to make it go up. You need to take over the Moral Society and become the leader. Then when you have meetings, those that attend can have their lewdness go up (more if they volunteer for the exercise). However, before you can take over it, you have to be a member and that's one of the ways your lewdness can go down. But in general, lewdness for you doesn't matter as much. I would priortize intelligence and focus over lewdness when picking a new character.
I don't know how I missed your reply until now, since I posted after this :).
I can say that until that problem occurred I hadn't used the dev console or played with the save files or anything. It was probably weird deadlock crash as you mentioned. In the new run I had no more problems.
I do want to mention that the new run also had commissioners deadlocked on the same dancers allowed, but not on voting for it or against but at picking a law to vote. In the first game they were 3, 3 and 1. In this one I think they were 2, 2, 2 and 1 for different laws. I talked to the 2 that were most likely to vote for it and just spammed I think you should vote for dancers allowed and one of them changed their mind. I have no idea if what I did influenced them or it was just luck, but the law passed with 3 against other 2,1,1 votes. I was surprised that a suggestion can pass without 4 votes even if they have majority but I was happy for it. I remember I saw somewhere (can't remember where now) something like each law and values for each of them, I imagine that's how much they like each of the laws, the highest number is what they are most likely to choose or something?
It would be nice if there was a way to see this when talking to them. Find out what they are most likely to vote and somehow influence it directly. So we can manipulate both parts of the voting process.

I also want to mention that the election process is way to easy at the moment, in the sense, you have to volunteer your time for a few days for the candidate you want to win and that's it. Somehow a sex worker ran for the second election and I had no problem putting her in the seat. That should be way harder. I expect you will balance that in the future. I also couldn't find out how to see who is from what district, so I know who I should try to encourage to run ( maybe that is in the game). What I want to say is that I think it shouldn't be so hard (impossible to corrupt someone to vote for the laws you want) but so easy to just replace them with the perfect max lewd stooge that will vote whatever you want, most likely.

The Moral society is a nice mechanic. Maybe you could develop it so you get to spam it and if you invest money market so you can influence people that are not members as well. Like run ad campaigns in different districts and influence those people.

warpspasm128

Apr 13, 2020
Has the Happiness stat been rebalanced in the new release? I seem to be running into an issue where everyone's Happiness is really high, even the unemployed people. That is making it impossible for me to hire anyone, because everyone is perfectly happy where they're at and won't change jobs.
I've experimented a little more and I think what may have happened is that I failed the new porn event, and it seems to have put my save in a weird state where I can't hire new employees. What clued me in is that the porn actress in the event showed up in the dressing room event, even though I never hired her.

Jun 14, 2019
But for example in my first playthrough I met with the morality police or how they are called in the first 2 months and could join them. In this second one I am in October and have no idea where they are or even if they are in the game yet.
There is a trigger for them: you go to the library and check out a too sexual (from the view of the Morality cult) book.

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
There is a trigger for them: you go to the library and check out a too sexual (from the view of the Morality cult) book.
It might just be coincidence, but for me it feels like the books have to be a higher level of lewd in the most recent update to trigger it than it did before.

Leobbb

May 24, 2019
So it looks like stats that you set up at the very start of the game have quite a bit of random spread and stay with you forever? And you can't work on them? To me having a quality of your gameplay decided by some RNG is an extremely bad design, not to mention you have to play some time just to realize it and even learn what these stats do as the descriptions are severely lacking, by that time you no longer have any control over them and you have to start over to change anything. Geezus why?

3.60 star(s) 21 Votes