3.60 star(s) 21 Votes

Elpescador

Jul 11, 2017
The make out option appears after two other options have taken place, like watching a movie or talking. However, you may not get the opportunity if your GF dominates the conversation. In general, it's her house so she will be mostly in charge. Every once in a while you will get a chance to pick what do to, but it's when she allows it. And she may ask you to leave before it gets to that point. In reality the hangout scene was not meant for the official gf which is why it's not available right from the start. I get how this doesn't feel right. I'll look into take that into consideration.

This is something I struggle with. Giving every possible option can be too much. But I understand the lack of feedback of why its missing. Merging it with propose friendship is a good idea though. Will look into that. (The main reason to not show it is mostly for performance reasons. If it's hidden it's faster for NPCs not to have to consider that option. The options listed to the MC follow the same logic as the NPC and the more options there, the slower the game will run)

I don't understand what Room construction has to do with this. That's not in the calendar and it's not delayed due to any other events. Construction progress only updates once a week, so if you check it every day you may not see any changes for a few days. The valid point is that interviews are scheduled for "daytime" without any specific time set. The calendar shows these entries in the morning even though they can happen at noon or in the afternoon. This is provide flexibility in case there were conflicts with multiple things scheduled for the same time. And there was no calendar view at that time. I need to revisit the interview scheduling.

You are probably right. Will look into it. At least the deleting photos shouldn't but it may be impossible to separate that from the posting photo to social media which should use a time period.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. There's no permanent boost to opinion for being friends. I actually had to look it up because it kind of makes sense that there should be but there isn't. There is however a boost (is not permanent though) for agreeing to become bf/gf.

You can say no to anal sex. It shouldn't happen without them asking first. And they shouldn't ask unless they like it, so you can also change their opinion so that they don't if it's keeps happening.
Moving to the bedroom should not bring the roommate in, so that's a bug.
The hand and oral issue is where you lose me. I don't care about min-max stuff, I don't care about optimal play etc. Have said this a million times. If you are worried that you go all the way you miss a tiny opinion boost then don't go all the way. It doesn't matter enough to be talking about it.
I haven't had a 3some event break for me a while so not sure what could be causing it. I'm sure there are still bugs so I'm not saying it's working perfectly. But those are hard to fix unless I actually see them.

You do know that you can mark favorite characters on the contact page? But I'll look into putting it as an option the first time you meet them too. I would tend to want more info about them that the first time I meet them to make them a favorite but I understand others wanting it that way.

Generally I can't load your saves as I'm already have the next version up an running and it's a pain in the ass to revert back to an older version to load your save. But the missing dialog box did point me to a bug which I'll fix. There's a couple of reasons they won't go out with you that is missing the text explanation. One of them is that they are not feeling well, so check their health. Although they shouldn't be at work if that's the case. So perhaps there's something else going on which I'll look at.

The other guys issue was too much debt. Are you in debt too?

I'm not sure I understand the first point. The only stats that are connected to your image is the way the image looks.

The autosaves saves every 20 days by default, which may not happen in 30-45 minutes. If your game is crashing that often, something is wrong as it shouldn't do that. If the game crashes, the best thing you can do is grab the last few hundred lines from the player log file (usually at C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\LocalLow\Total Fluke Studios\StripClubWars\Player.log) and post it here. That may have a clue as to what's happening.
Maybe not attributes, maybe traits or characteristics. Bald, curvy, big penis etc. When you pick a portrait is has a list of properties that go with it.

The crashes start occurring once I'm deep into a game.

Not YrBroom

Feb 9, 2023
Not a bug necessarily, but an unfortunate side effect: I upgraded my kitchen to be able at some point in the future hire a third cook. There's no need for a third yet, as two cooks are more than enough to handle the demand. But if I have a manager who is assigned to cover for sick/tired employees, they keep covering that unnecessary vacant slot. It'd be nice if they could be smarter about where there is actual need.

Reactions: Büchel

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
Another small issue: game have a memory leaks. One that I could reproduce is that game do not clear memory properly on loading save / starting a new game. Best way to see it is via character portrait:
a) When you're meeting a brand new character first time and game roll RNG to determine a portrait to use - it's saved as being in use permanently. So reloading a save just before it allow to pick another image. That's could be a feature and not a bug (still - look dangerously close to memory leak, especially if list of portraits in use don't actualize itself for example at start of new day).

b) When you're creating a new character and picking a portrait for him - it's locked as in use so you can't create a new character with same portrait. And that's indeed a memory leak and bad thing because reloading an existing save do not fix it (pick a portrait "A" for new char -> load existing save -> start a new game -> you are still not allowed to use portrait "A").
The system keeps a cache of up to 300 images in memory (this can be changed via a config entry). And as long as you haven't reached the max, it will keep them in use. Once it reaches it, it replaces the oldest one (the one that hasn't been accessed in the longest time). Loading a save game does not reset this cache as most of the time someone would be reloading a version of their current game. I don't think there's a memory leak there but will check.

The second one looks like a real issue. Will put in a fix for it. Thanks!

Not a bug necessarily, but an unfortunate side effect: I upgraded my kitchen to be able at some point in the future hire a third cook. There's no need for a third yet, as two cooks are more than enough to handle the demand. But if I have a manager who is assigned to cover for sick/tired employees, they keep covering that unnecessary vacant slot. It'd be nice if they could be smarter about where there is actual need.
Managers are so dumb. That reminds me that I need to make the cook throughput less as currently 2 cooks can pretty much handle all the possible demand. Anyway, the probably that they will work as a cook (or as any particular job) if there's already a person working there. So my guess is that you are only seeing this when all the jobs are at least partially covered. But I probably should take into account the case where there's 2 already and make it even less likely then.

Reactions: dot7z and wormdogs

louzof

Nov 16, 2017
Hello,
I encountered a bug where the commission cannot vote. My progress is frozen ... Any tips ?

lnomsim

Sep 12, 2021
About the empty dialogue box when asking for a date and it being immediately declined, for me it only happens when I do this inside the club.

I have an employee with a good relationship status, already went on dates, flirted and have sex, and when I engage with her outside of the club, she generally is ok with it. But inside the club, it's always an empty dialogue box with immediate declining, and when flirting, it often result in a negative outcome.

amok1301

Feb 10, 2018
about the movie story line : don't know if that's a bug or no .. the main actress after the first 2 scenes applied for stripper job at my club and hired her .. and my agent is saying that she is working on finding a movie for me to work every time i text her

it is has been a while and nothing moves forward , no more movies work ... so is the AI going to generate new actoress or it is meant to stop here after i hire the main actress?

one more request is about the photos , it is hand tiring to click every time you publish a photo then see who liked it , especially when you knew more people , if there is a way just to give summary about who liked and who did not and found it invasion for privacy ...
many photos was deleted by mistake as i try to click fast to see all the people who liked the photo

again i want to appreciate the developer for the great work and continuous follow up to replies , keep up the good work buddy

caralho24

Sep 17, 2018
about the movie story line : don't know if that's a bug or no .. the main actress after the first 2 scenes applied for stripper job at my club and hired her .. and my agent is saying that she is working on finding a movie for me to work every time i text her

it is has been a while and nothing moves forward , no more movies work ... so is the AI going to generate new actoress or it is meant to stop here after i hire the main actress?
The cooldown is about 90 days between movie scenes, Totalfluke said he might reduce this a bit with next update :)

Here#s what he said:
Sorry, it's hardcoded. Yeah, 90 days is too long and I probably should have made it shorter. Can't make ti too short cause it needs to overlap with the headliner performer events, so probably will lower it to 60 days on the next update.

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
Any way to minimize the time taken for npcs to switch jobs? Any cheat to minimize the 90 days wait time?
Since this is about 'management' I cant help you with a cheat but with a concept of how to deal with it:
As far as I am aware happiness is an important factor also for NPC. By gaming this element and listing appropriate job positions at the same time, you can 'guide' them towards applying for jobs at your club. Dont satisfy them during dates but exhaust them while they are still working for the other club. Raise your opinion with them by all other means but sexual stuff, as that makes them happy again. By exhausting them (depleting their energy pool) they start underperforming at their respective jobs and more often than not apply for jobs at my club shortly after.

stridsvagn

Mar 5, 2022
It's unclear to me how much average lewdness and fame play into customer demand. It seems like average lewdness determines a rough customer base and then fame determines how much of that 'pie' each club gets as visitors. However, the current system can't really tell you when to hire more performers because:
  1. There's no way to tell how much each individual factor (employee/quality of goods/DJ) play into satisfaction and fame
  2. It's hard to tell how much additional demand would be created if fame increases by some amount
I often over-hire performers only to find out that the number of visitors barely go up anymore, so then I'm just waiting for the average lewdness to slowly increase over time.

wormdogs

Feb 18, 2018
Any way to minimize the time taken for npcs to switch jobs? Any cheat to minimize the 90 days wait time?
Fluke said this earlier:

To cheat around that you will need to modify the save file. I don't like to tell people how to do that because it's very easy to screw things up and ruin your game. Specially if you are not familiar working with these types of files. But if you must do that, you will need to get the job id from the person's line (it's the 16th field) and then find the Job line for that job id. Then you can change the start date (it's the next to last field) to a low number (2160 is Jan 1 2024 when the game begins and each day is 6 values so make it 1500 or so and it should be fine.). In any event, before you try it, make sure you have a second version of the save file just in case.
Sounds like a ball-ache to me, but it's your game :)

Reactions: Sir_EatsALot

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Okay, hi everybody. Found this a couple days ago and have started being obsessed, I guess this is the self help group. (To be fair, I understand 1 star reviews perfectly, this game is pretty unique and relies on the management sim and the emergent storytelling. And while I love it so far, I also only would give it four stars, since it still is a bit rough around the edges, like the pretty long slog until you get your first money coming in and more than just 3 people exist, or some more variety and personality in some of the generic texts also would be welcome I guess. Still will play it more the next few days).

And while I am working on my secondary cult, uhm, my club, I found this thing, may have already been posted, if so, then sorry:

WonderHowSheFoundOut.PNG

(Not so much about the "sister" stuff, that's obviously on me since they are my sisters - I guess obviously since there do not seem any other characters with family relations - and I spent enough time not only convincing them of incest but also of not being lesbian, and probably it's only our common threesome anyways ... it's more about "I just found out they had sex with me" sounds a bit drug rapey, normally you realize during the act)

Also two possible bugs (or I don't understand what's going on): (a) if I turn down a threesome suggestion, the potential participants will like me more with the "accepted threesome" modifier, and (b) after a long while the council finally decided to allow for amateur contests, and one of my competitors instantly set one up, but for a "night", and the club isn't open at that time and I have no other way, like a prompt, to visit.

Also I have too many girlfriends always asking me for threesomes or helping them move or dates or what have you, but that's probably a deserved "me" problem. I could just as well refrain from telling every girl they need to accept polyamory. But well, that's my secondary cult, not allowing relationships outside the staff and being boyfriend to most of them ... just as wrong as hiring too many girls too soon, now I gotta live with the consequences I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: dot7z

Artiour

Sep 24, 2017
View attachment 3851718

(Not so much about the "sister" stuff, that's obviously on me since they are my sisters - I guess obviously since there do not seem any other characters with family relations - and I spent enough time not only convincing them of incest but also of not being lesbian, and probably it's only our common threesome anyways ...
in threesome when a girl touches another and she has high groping and/or massage skill the other girl will like girls a little bit more (I like this mechanic very much), if you don't want that to happen you could edit the save and make sure both girls liking for girls is 0, because even if a girl isn't lesbian she could perform sexual acts on other girls during threesome if their liking to girls is a bit high.
if you don't change it, at some point they will declare becoming bisexual.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
in threesome when a girl touches another and she has high groping and/or massage skill the other girl will like girls a little bit more (I like this mechanic very much), if you don't want that to happen you could edit the save and make sure both girls liking for girls is 0, because even if a girl isn't lesbian she could perform sexual acts on other girls during threesome if their liking to girls is a bit high.
if you don't change it, at some point they will declare becoming bisexual.
Oh, I don't mind the bisexual thing. After all, a threesome can only happen if at least two people are somewhat okay with touching the same gender.

I may have given too much color commentary. What I meant is not dependent on gender or sexuality, nor the incest taboo, but

A tells me they just found out that B had sex with them. As if it were a rumor coming to them randomly through some drunk visitor to the bar or similar. However, A should know it from being there, they don't need to "find out". Unless B had sex with them while A couldn't notice because they were passed out or drugged or similar. So the line reads a bit like "I just found out that Caitlyn had her way with me while I was out", which would be date-rapey.

Kingclone1

Jun 17, 2018
can someone give me an example of cheat add_room command please im not good with reading and understanding i need to see it to understand thank you

stridsvagn

Mar 5, 2022
can someone give me an example of cheat add_room command please im not good with reading and understanding i need to see it to understand thank you
The command: "cheat add_room club_id room_type"
You can find the club_id by doing "list c" (it's the number after CLUB). For room type, there should be a file called cheatsheet.txt in the runtime folder of the game when you run it in debug mode.
For example: "cheat add_room 32 private" adds a private dance room to club 32 (your club)

Artiour

Sep 24, 2017
Oh, I don't mind the bisexual thing. After all, a threesome can only happen if at least two people are somewhat okay with touching the same gender.

I may have given too much color commentary. What I meant is not dependent on gender or sexuality, nor the incest taboo, but

A tells me they just found out that B had sex with them. As if it were a rumor coming to them randomly through some drunk visitor to the bar or similar. However, A should know it from being there, they don't need to "find out". Unless B had sex with them while A couldn't notice because they were passed out or drugged or similar. So the line reads a bit like "I just found out that Caitlyn had her way with me while I was out", which would be date-rapey.
hmm, I never played with non consensual activated so that's interesting, I'll try it

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
Hello,
I encountered a bug where the commission cannot vote. My progress is frozen ... Any tips ?
More info is always good for stuff like this. How do you know they can't vote? How long has it been? What happens when you go to City Hall and ask about the results from the last vote? The more info you can provide the better the chances I can provide an answer.

About the empty dialogue box when asking for a date and it being immediately declined, for me it only happens when I do this inside the club.

I have an employee with a good relationship status, already went on dates, flirted and have sex, and when I engage with her outside of the club, she generally is ok with it. But inside the club, it's always an empty dialogue box with immediate declining, and when flirting, it often result in a negative outcome.
Obviously the empty dialog is a bug. So something is wrong. But in general turning you down while at work is not necessarily wrong. What's their job? If they are a hooker, then those will not engage with you in any sex activity while at work and that includes accepting date requests. I'm not sure right now but that may also apply to masseuses and strippers.

one more request is about the photos , it is hand tiring to click every time you publish a photo then see who liked it , especially when you knew more people , if there is a way just to give summary about who liked and who did not and found it invasion for privacy ...
many photos was deleted by mistake as i try to click fast to see all the people who liked the photo

again i want to appreciate the developer for the great work and continuous follow up to replies , keep up the good work buddy
Yeah, the actresses may go looking for a more steady job at some point. However, they are usually well paid so it will be expensive to hire them. But can be done. The message from your agent means that the movie activity is still in cooldown. It has nothing to do with the actress taking another job. It will generate a new actress for the next movie if need be.

You are the second one to complain about too many social media replies, so I'll add something to allow you to not see them. Providing a summary would be too hard and not worth it, but I can make it so that you can say that you don't want to see those replies any more.

It's unclear to me how much average lewdness and fame play into customer demand. It seems like average lewdness determines a rough customer base and then fame determines how much of that 'pie' each club gets as visitors. However, the current system can't really tell you when to hire more performers because:
  1. There's no way to tell how much each individual factor (employee/quality of goods/DJ) play into satisfaction and fame
  2. It's hard to tell how much additional demand would be created if fame increases by some amount
I often over-hire performers only to find out that the number of visitors barely go up anymore, so then I'm just waiting for the average lewdness to slowly increase over time.
I understand that a lot of the business simulation is opaque. Part of that is on purpose and part of that is because it's constantly changing so I document it having to maintain that documentation up to date would be too time consuming. But the way it works is like skills + products offered improve satisfaction (i.e. your satisfaction goes up for every new club offering, like you start with drinks being the only one, but you add food and your satisfaction will go up a bit). The higher the average skills of your workers, the higher the satisfaction. And then there's the ratio of product quality to product cost, the higher it is the higher the satisfaction. The club being closed, or no food because the cook took the day off, then it goes down. Also having more demand that you can handle affects satisfaction negatively.

Fame then is the combination of lewdness and satisfaction. Lewdness is calculated by taking the individual lewdness of each employee multiplied by a factor based on how important is the job for fame purposes. You can see this factor by looking at Help -> Room Types and it appears under "Lewdness Factor". For example, the lewdness of a waitress in the VIP room is 4, while for a hostess in the entrance is 1.2. Now, when there are multiple workers in the same room, the most lewd one is weighted more heavily. So if you have 3 workers and their lewdness is 50, 10, 0, that would be better (way better!) than having 3 with lewdness of 35, 20, 5 even though the average is the same.

The best way to increase fame is to have more rooms and more lewd employees. Once you can't grow lewdness anymore by adding more rooms or employees, then it's time to fire the least lewd ones.

Okay, hi everybody. Found this a couple days ago and have started being obsessed, I guess this is the self help group. (To be fair, I understand 1 star reviews perfectly, this game is pretty unique and relies on the management sim and the emergent storytelling. And while I love it so far, I also only would give it four stars, since it still is a bit rough around the edges, like the pretty long slog until you get your first money coming in and more than just 3 people exist, or some more variety and personality in some of the generic texts also would be welcome I guess. Still will play it more the next few days).

And while I am working on my secondary cult, uhm, my club, I found this thing, may have already been posted, if so, then sorry:

View attachment 3851718

(Not so much about the "sister" stuff, that's obviously on me since they are my sisters - I guess obviously since there do not seem any other characters with family relations - and I spent enough time not only convincing them of incest but also of not being lesbian, and probably it's only our common threesome anyways ... it's more about "I just found out they had sex with me" sounds a bit drug rapey, normally you realize during the act)

Also two possible bugs (or I don't understand what's going on): (a) if I turn down a threesome suggestion, the potential participants will like me more with the "accepted threesome" modifier, and (b) after a long while the council finally decided to allow for amateur contests, and one of my competitors instantly set one up, but for a "night", and the club isn't open at that time and I have no other way, like a prompt, to visit.

Also I have too many girlfriends always asking me for threesomes or helping them move or dates or what have you, but that's probably a deserved "me" problem. I could just as well refrain from telling every girl they need to accept polyamory. But well, that's my secondary cult, not allowing relationships outside the staff and being boyfriend to most of them ... just as wrong as hiring too many girls too soon, now I gotta live with the consequences I guess.
Yeah, there's a couple of the "gossips" that come out weird. I'm aware of it, and it's on the list to fix. It's not meant to come out as rapey it's more like I just heard this rumor about X and Y so I'm sharing it with you without realizing that they are Y.

I can't reproduce the accepted threesome issue. But there's a bunch of ways that can happen, so maybe I haven't checked them all. Are you sure it's a new modifier and it wasn't there from a prior instance?

The AI clubs are weird because they are constantly changing their opening hours to save money so I can see that happening. It can also happen if the club is forced to close due to suffering damages. If the club is not open when the amateur contest was scheduled it just won't happen. So it's normal.

Yes, girlfriends can be a time suck. It's part of the game.

3.60 star(s) 21 Votes