VN - Ren'Py - Striving Forward [v0.1.0] [Novaporoid]

1. 4.00 star(s)

MidnightKing

Review for v0.1.0

One of those times where It's probably a bit premature to give this any real rating, but this honestly is a nice start. It's a game about romance and new beginnings, and seemingly only that. If you're not into cute dating sim style games and relationship drama, may not be for you. But I like cute shit, and so far this is hitting.

It's very high quality. Renders look great, its got good sound design, character models feel relatively unique, and there's a lot of small detail in how characters move around during scenes which is a great touch. Writing is competent and the characters, though early, feel endearing enough for me to want more of them.

Definitely feels like a slow burn. Nothing to talk about lewd wise yet, as that aspect isn't present so far. I'm glad for that honestly. This is a game taking time to build itself up, which always makes the payoff more satisfying imo.

My only real complaint is more of a personal pet peeve. I hate depth-of-field affects, and this game uses it a lot. The blurriness around everything but the characters is pretty jarring to me, but I started to get past it the more I played. One of those things I can kind of get over since the rest of the game is good thus far.

The confirmation of a harem path means I'm in, so now its time to play the waiting game and hope future updates solidify this into being a banger. Looking forward to it. I originally gave this a 5 stars, but figure 4 is more justified until I see a bit more of the game. I'll update my review when there's enough content to give me more to say.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

OhTheLove

Well this looks promising, the renders are incredible and the girls are beautiful with actual personalities. I like the MC and the fact that so far he is not a horn dog whereby he has a personality outside of just wanting to bang anything that is female.

Gonna keep my eyes on this one because I believe it's gonna be an awesome ride.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Xan_Vados

Quite good. I gave it a 5-star rating to show my appreciation as it did most of the things absolutely spot on. This AVN is of very high quality in terms of the graphics part. Also, the UI is pretty good; everything feels snappy and smooth. The music is good, and the story is not bad but still needs more to become great. The MC seems pretty interesting.

Now, the things I didn't like are the game forcing me to make decisions that I don't want. Also, the choices that were presented seemed like nothing of consequence, whereas choices where there should have been were not there. Choices are absymally low, that is if the dev wants it to make it a kinetic AVN then it should be clarified. The girls, really, please try to avoid making all the girls with ultra-massive busts; it takes away any seriousness, and all the good graphics you worked hard for gets downvote due to this at least for me. Also, the characters need more personality; they mostly seem superficial. The protagonist can do with some inner monologues also. I liked the music. This game has the potential to become something big if it can implement and modify some of the things correctly. Let's see what direction it takes. Best of luck.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

obibobi

I was going to give 2 for a nice model but I leave the lowest for the worst thing a game can do, waste your time. The purpose of a first release is to show what you can do, there is an ocean of overrated games based on "potential", on what the person imagines could come about, with no actual evidence that it can "potentially" be delivered.

If dialogue with female characters and fist fight with some guys is what you came to this site for, then this is for you, otherwise come back when there is a sign the game on a sex site can actually be sexy.