Daz Struggling with hip motion in animations.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
So, I've feel like I've gotten animations down pretty well up to this point, but one thing I can't seem to figure out is animating the hips of the fucker thrusting in and out of the fuckee. Arms and mouths are easy enough to figure out, but I'm just getting this block when it comes to thrusting in missionary or doggy.

I got a fairly decent look from the activepose tool:

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

The problem with it is that it's hard to keep accurate for a looping animation as it's not telling me exactly what's being changed from one point to another, and with the position I'm trying it on currently is making it quite hard to align. Again, like the one above, it looks decent from a non-penetrative angle, but it's different story when trying to show the penetration itself. I'm not looking for anything crazy, just the back and forth motion of the hips during sex (like the second image shown below). Below image is the one I'm trying to animate and the other is a bit of a reference. Just wondering if anyone has any advice/pointers, or can at least point me in the right direction. Thanks. :)

hipani.png ezgif-3-224252bf3d20.gif

CocoVC

Aug 10, 2018
I use the Pelvis-Bend node on the thrusting partner to simulate the front-and-back fucking motion. On the sex animations that I have edited and re-interpolated (speeding up and slowing down the thrusts), I noticed the loop with the pelvis-bend node.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
One of the problems is that everything is (effectively) a child of the pelvis. Thus, if you want things to work out correctly, you almost always have to start with that, and then work outwards, "fixing" everything else.

As an example, you could potentially use the x,y,x controls on the hip (or the pelvis bend, as mentioned by CocoVC, or a combination of both) to move the hip appropriately which, of course, will move the entire figure. Then go back and fix the legs (whether using Daz's IK or mcasual's scripts or manual keyframing) so that the feet stay in place. Keeping the feet in place will more or less automatically give you the required hip bends associated with the moving pelvis. Then do the same for the abdomen, arms, etc.

It's a nuisance, definitely. But, AFAIK, it's really the only way, since everything else moves when you move the hip.

Reactions: MissFortune

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
thrust.jpg

I pin down the hands and feet, grab the hip where that arrow is (y and z) and drag him up and down in and out a bit, then rotate the pelvis to suit. Don't forget t make the female thrust up a bit too.

Madmanator99

May 1, 2018
The example you shared is totally fine, and you know what, you do not have to worry about the details if they are not visible.

It's like you said, "it looks decent from a non-penetrative angle, but it's different story when trying to show the penetration itself".

Well, make two anim renders. Or as many other points of view as you deem necessary.

The point beeing, your animation does not have to satisfy multiple camera angles, just the one, then change the poses/anim for the other angle, and so on.