Collection Flash Video Studio FOW Collection [2023-07-08] [Studio F.O.W]

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
They might come back to them, depends. They wanted to move onto a game because, A) it's fairly obvious it's a popular move for their audience and B) They've wanted to get off of SFM for a long time now because SFM is a nightmare to work with so this is a pretty good move on their part. They probably canceled those movie's because they just weren't that popular, or maybe they just didn't want to make them. Hell I think that Samus one's been canceled for the better part of a whole year now, hadn't seen anything on it for a very long time that's for sure.

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

elfelganor

Jun 19, 2017
As a marketing strategy, it's a good move. Plus, they getting all the press and money which is always a plus if you play right. And regarding the vids, i'm pretty sure Opiumud, 26 region sfm, sumthndrffnt? ( I don't know how to spell that) would would satisfy most needs.

observer80

Jul 8, 2017
Are there any plans for a Scarlet Nights 2?

I haven't heard anything since they took it off the update page at the old site about 2 years ago. It was at 20%-30% done and now that they are throwing all their time away on this game, I imagine it got shuffled into a mothball bin with a bunch of other projects that might not see the light of day.

The good news is that they are 9,000 followers away on Twitter from releasing Project Snow, so with a little luck, maybe we will get something by September!

Getting back to the game, I would rather they kept working on new movies but the game seems to be the more business savvy and just a smart move to keep the company going. It's pulling in money, and they aren't likely to catch any shit from some whiny bitch lawyers about how they are profiting off copyrighted characters. If i'm not mistaken, the dorks at Blizzard got butt hurt because FOW used some of their characters a few years ago so now that genre is off limits.

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
I haven't heard anything since they took it off the update page at the old site about 2 years ago. It was at 20%-30% done and now that they are throwing all their time away on this game, I imagine it got shuffled into a mothball bin with a bunch of other projects that might not see the light of day.

The good news is that they are 9,000 followers away on Twitter from releasing Project Snow, so with a little luck, maybe we will get something by September!

Getting back to the game, I would rather they kept working on new movies but the game seems to be the more business savvy and just a smart move to keep the company going. It's pulling in money, and they aren't likely to catch any shit from some whiny bitch lawyers about how they are profiting off copyrighted characters. If i'm not mistaken, the dorks at Blizzard got butt hurt because FOW used some of their characters a few years ago so now that genre is off limits.
I mean they're not really throwing away their time on this game. They've wanted to switch to a new engine, namely Unreal 4, because SFM is trash and hell to work with. They stated that they were initially gonna just use it for movies, but after playing around with it the start of the subverse game was born and they just decided to keep with it and produce a game first and foremost. Especially so after they raised about $2 million USD.

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Regarding movies, all of their previously announced movies (Scarlet Nights, Metroid, Witcher, Jessica Rabbit sequel, etc) were all being ported over to Unreal (this is why K3 is their last movie in SFM). The game's development will be taking most of this year, but they have said they plan to have both divisions (movies/games) running simultaneously by the end of the year.

So presumably once the animators are done making all the lewdz, they can leave the rest to the game devs, and go back to film production.

As for 'never seeing the light of day' FOW has never in their entire history, ever cancelled a project that was announced. So just be patient :)

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
This is gonna come off as rude and to an extent it is, solely because I'm tired of answering and having to deal with this dumbass theory, but if you spent about 5 minutes to actually look instead of reposting an image of someone else who also didn't do any research you'd learn that NTR isn't a part of the game.

The steam mature content description was, as they've said multiple times, a joke, go figure from Studio FOW right? In case you don't believe me I sent a message to the team early in the development and this was the exact reply I received:
"Oh right, please don't take the Mature Content Survey Description seriously, I wrote that whole thing as a joke to see if Valve would accept it :p
And they did. Which is amazing to me.
There isn't actually any NTR in the game currently, due to the modular nature of the sex unlocks a scene like this would be difficult to build up properly. If we do include it then it would be the Captain doing the cucking.
-DC"

On top of that, again if you had done the research, you'd have seen they released their newest dev diary which gave an early glance at the sex tree system. While, again, I hate to repeat myself here we are: ALL SEX SCENES IN THE GAME ARE STUCK BEHIND A TECH TREE LIKE SYSTEM, YOU INVEST POINTS IN THE SCENES YOU WANT TO SEE AND DON'T IN THE ONES YOU DON'T. They're not unavoidable, and, surprise surprise, while the girls are romanceable you don't start out in a relationship with them. Kinda hard to cheat on someone when you're not in a relationship with them, no? Here's the picture they uploaded for the tech trees. While it's still subject to change, I feel confidant in saying the basic design isn't going to change
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And to finally wrap it up, I'll start with that mantic picture. That's obviously by someone who jumped on the "IS CUCKSHIT" train without actually looking into anything, as the actual page has the first paragraph saying: "Horrible freaks of nature to some, loveable fucksticks to others, mantics are genetic mutations created by Dr. Lillian Margaliss under her top secret MANTICORE program." As for Pregnancy, unsurprisingly, they hope to add it in but nothing's final. Also gotta love people who are so willing to say "Canon story NTR" without anyone knowing how the story will go. Again, if you did any actual research you'd see just how incredibly tight-lipped the studio's been towards saying anything about the story. Hell they'd probably tell us less about everything if they could, but still nice to know that some people just know how it's gonna go regardless. I'm gonna end this rant here, think I got my point across to people on the fence. Not even gonna try to convince idiots who are so willing to jump on the almighty "Anti-cuck brigade" before a game's actually released.

xfirstninx

Nov 20, 2016
This is gonna come off as rude and to an extent it is, solely because I'm tired of answering and having to deal with this dumbass theory, but if you spent about 5 minutes to actually look instead of reposting an image of someone else who also didn't do any research you'd learn that NTR isn't a part of the game.

The steam mature content description was, as they've said multiple times, a joke, go figure from Studio FOW right? In case you don't believe me I sent a message to the team early in the development and this was the exact reply I received:
"Oh right, please don't take the Mature Content Survey Description seriously, I wrote that whole thing as a joke to see if Valve would accept it :p
And they did. Which is amazing to me.
There isn't actually any NTR in the game currently, due to the modular nature of the sex unlocks a scene like this would be difficult to build up properly. If we do include it then it would be the Captain doing the cucking.
-DC"

On top of that, again if you had done the research, you'd have seen they released their newest dev diary which gave an early glance at the sex tree system. While, again, I hate to repeat myself here we are: ALL SEX SCENES IN THE GAME ARE STUCK BEHIND A TECH TREE LIKE SYSTEM, YOU INVEST POINTS IN THE SCENES YOU WANT TO SEE AND DON'T IN THE ONES YOU DON'T. They're not unavoidable, and, surprise surprise, while the girls are romanceable you don't start out in a relationship with them. Kinda hard to cheat on someone when you're not in a relationship with them, no? Here's the picture they uploaded for the tech trees. While it's still subject to change, I feel confidant in saying the basic design isn't going to change
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And to finally wrap it up, I'll start with that mantic picture. That's obviously by someone who jumped on the "IS CUCKSHIT" train without actually looking into anything, as the actual page has the first paragraph saying: "Horrible freaks of nature to some, loveable fucksticks to others, mantics are genetic mutations created by Dr. Lillian Margaliss under her top secret MANTICORE program." As for Pregnancy, unsurprisingly, they hope to add it in but nothing's final. Also gotta love people who are so willing to say "Canon story NTR" without anyone knowing how the story will go. Again, if you did any actual research you'd see just how incredibly tight-lipped the studio's been towards saying anything about the story. Hell they'd probably tell us less about everything if they could, but still nice to know that some people just know how it's gonna go regardless. I'm gonna end this rant here, think I got my point across to people on the fence. Not even gonna try to convince idiots who are so willing to jump on the almighty "Anti-cuck brigade" before a game's actually released.
Nothing more to say here ↑, really (but I like to talk...)
I don't like NTR, and I understand those who like and who doesn't. But to reach a point where the person would dig up and create even a chart about the stuff, and fake the print from the site... made me giggle.
Like you said. Some people didn't do the proper research about this.
People who are following the project since the beginning knows what they talk about the subject. Those who are concerned a lot about this should wait the game to launch and test. StudioFow gathered over 2 millions dollars already explaining well about the content. I don't know what people are looking for know...
This skill tree shows wells how the content will be divided, and this already was said before. You will not see what you don't want to. Even the forced xeno stuff and the that will (probably) be in the story-line it's difficult to call NTR, because the xeno are "biorganic non sentient beings". They are like "organics vibrators", as someone said before.
And last, we don't know about how the relationship with the girls will be. And what if they will not have a romantic relationship? And if everyone fucks with everyone? How could I say that this is NTR, right? What if the Captain doesn't give a shit? I think the netorare feeling comes from our empathy with the character we are playing with. If he is sad, we might be sad, if he is happy, we might be happy as well. If he doesn't care, or likes to see girls with the xenos or others, so...
We just need to wait and see. I have a good feeling about the game and I'm looking forward to the first chapters to come out.

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
Nothing more to say here ↑, really (but I like to talk...)
I don't like NTR, and I understand those who like and who doesn't. But to reach a point where the person would dig up and create even a chart about the stuff, and fake the print from the site... made me giggle.
Like you said. Some people didn't do the proper research about this.
People who are following the project since the beginning knows what they talk about the subject. Those who are concerned a lot about this should wait the game to launch and test. StudioFow gathered over 2 millions dollars already explaining well about the content. I don't know what people are looking for know...
This skill tree shows wells how the content will be divided, and this already was said before. You will not see what you don't want to. Even the forced xeno stuff and the that will (probably) be in the story-line it's difficult to call NTR, because the xeno are "biorganic non sentient beings". They are like "organics vibrators", as someone said before.
And last, we don't know about how the relationship with the girls will be. And what if they will not have a romantic relationship? And if everyone fucks with everyone? How could I say that this is NTR, right? What if the Captain doesn't give a shit? I think the netorare feeling comes from our empathy with the character we are playing with. If he is sad, we might be sad, if he is happy, we might be happy as well. If he doesn't care, or likes to see girls with the xenos or others, so...
We just need to wait and see. I have a good feeling about the game and I'm looking forward to the first chapters to come out.
I think the biggest thing that just pisses me off with these people isn't just their lack of willingness to spend 10 minutes to look around and see when they're wrong, it's the question of why do they care? Studio FOW's already made the millions for the game, and millions more are gonna flock to it. By giving it more attention with this they're literally just HELPING draw more attention to the game, and people are inevitably gonna look and say "Why not see what all the fuss is about?" Also, it's pretty obvious they, most likely, haven't actually donated or spent money on the game, so back to the question of why do they care? It can't be that they're saying Studio FOW's doing false advertising, since they've literally been nothing but open about what kinds of content we might see. Like, it just baffles me as to why they care? They'd literally do more harm to just not talk about it and forget it than they are by giving it more press, even bad attention is still attention. It's just so stupid and pointless, if they have a problem with the game they can exercise the ultimate freedom: Not fucking play it or spend money on it! But, unfortunately, with how the internet's made us everyone has to have an opinion and we all think that everyone else needs to know our opinion.

spellbreaker

Aug 24, 2017
Silly question, but have they guessed at the possible release date? I'm in no way in a hurry, I'd like to see them release it whenever it's deemed ready to their standards, but still I'm curious

Reactions: HorseDick666

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
Silly question, but have they guessed at the possible release date? I'm in no way in a hurry, I'd like to see them release it whenever it's deemed ready to their standards, but still I'm curious
Beta is releasing soon, ish, and that's gonna hold at least the SHMUP sections, they may add more sections in as the beta goes on. Once that's done they'll release the first chapter in early access and start working on the next. Studio FOW doesn't want to give release dates for the obvious reason of they don't want to get people too excited, only to miss their release date because of bugs. Check a page or two back, you'll find the roadmap they have which gives general dates for when things will come out, that'll give you a good idea of when things are coming out. As well, they seem to be at least on schedule for everything if not ahead of schedule on things. They also update their kickstarter in the middle and at the end of each month, and just updated yesterday I believe? That or the day before, so you can always check there for progress.