StudioFow's Patreon page is under review again!

mesoru

Sep 22, 2017
Pretty simple. It was shut down for good this time. See:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Hands up all those that are shocked at this turn of events...

I see no hands.

Was going to happen sooner or later, they don't exactly have family friendly animations.

Reactions: anne O'nymous
U

User_920791

Pretty simple. It was shut down for good this time. See:

People who produce/consume adult content need to start using cryptocurrencies right away.

Delmach

Oct 3, 2017
Im just glad they apparently planned ahead and try to offer a way to support without Patreon.

All in all another sign that when you let someone dictate what kind of morals are ok in fiction, there might be the day where nearly everything could be taboo. Because there are always people that have the "I dislike this, it should not exist" mentality. And for those, have a big "fuck you". Free on the house.

Reactions: Gnoomoos

berndsen

Jul 19, 2017
People who produce/consume adult content need to start using cryptocurrency right away.
Exclusively? Because that would be shooting yourself in your own foot since the vast majority of people on the internet don't use crypto for payments.

U

User_920791

Exclusively? Because that would be shooting yourself in your own foot since the vast majority of people on the internet don't use crypto for payments.
Sooner or later, conventional payment processors will create a way to ban adult content creators. Even people who do not produce explicit content are already having problems with Patreon.

It is necessary to find ways to stimulate the use of cryptocurrencies in this niche.

berndsen

Jul 19, 2017
Sooner or later, conventional payment processors will create a way to ban adult content creators. Even people who do not produce explicit content are already having problems with Patreon.

It is necessary to find ways to stimulate the use of cryptocurrency in this niche.
The problem is that cryptocurrencies are currently used as a speculation object, which results in massive fluctuations of their worth. As long as that problem stays, content creators won't go and exclusively switch over to a currency that unstable, because the possibility that your wallet loses 10% of its worth in a week during another bitcoin crash ain't that appealing.

HiEv

Sep 1, 2017
The problem is that cryptocurrencies are currently used as a speculation object, which results in massive fluctuations of their worth. As long as that problem stays, content creators won't go and exclusively switch over to a currency that unstable, because the possibility that your wallet loses 10% of its worth in a week during another bitcoin crash ain't that appealing.
Not to mention that, unlike similar things like stocks, there are almost zero regulations on cryptocurrency. This allows people to do things like " ", where you buy a lot of a type of cryptocurrency low, promote it so it goes up, and then sell all of it high (often causing it to plummet again, screwing a bunch of people in the process). That would be a form of securities fraud if you did it with stocks, but right now it's legal (though totally unethical) with cryptocurrencies.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Hands up all those that are shocked at this turn of events...

I see no hands.
Well, why raise my hand ? Them saying that they see it come is an euphemism. The content they produce is banned from Patreon since now 11 months. The surprise is that they stay so long, not that they are now permanently banned.

Dono1973

Sep 25, 2017
So what I'm wondering is did this kill them off or something? I mean I still see no mention of it on their own website which has seen no activity in almost 2 months, their twitter has posted nothing since August, basically no communication from them anywhere that I have looked.

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
Im just glad they apparently planned ahead and try to offer a way to support without Patreon.

All in all another sign that when you let someone dictate what kind of morals are ok in fiction, there might be the day where nearly everything could be taboo. Because there are always people that have the "I dislike this, it should not exist" mentality. And for those, have a big "fuck you". Free on the house.
Let's not jump the gun though. Patreon is allowed to not want to associate with certain content weather we like it or not. If Patreon starts headhunting and are allowed to shut down websites of creators who have nothing to do with Patreon, then that would be an issue.

shell

Jun 29, 2017
So, does this mean they're finally done? As in they are gone? Could someone tell me some sort of news or information since all I could find are discussions that were back in October.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
So, does this mean they're finally done? As in they are gone? Could someone tell me some sort of news or information since all I could find are discussions that were back in October.
No, as far as I know they are still working.

Patreon was only 1 way they got money not the only way.