Stupid question

Cyberperv

Apr 27, 2023
Why do so many renpy games keep the text box over the sex scene where it usually ends up obscuring at least half of the parts that people are interested in. it seems like they've either not played their games or they're just really dumb. I've only seen one or two games where you could change the opacity or hide the text box but it kept popping up after each selection anyway. I would think this is an obvious issue but why does so many developers ignore it?

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Opacity slider is the best, but I don't want some half-assed attempt at "no textbox." Almost all such attempts have text clashing with similar colored backgrounds. Give me a text box. I can press H or the middle mouse button if I want to see that pussy clearly, thanks.

Reactions: Cyberperv

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Android is a bit trickier. I think devs have to add that feature manually either through the quick menu or touch option. Joiplay may allow it directly, but I don't have an Android device to check.

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Experienced developers design the images so that nothing terribly important is in the lower third of the screen. It's a rather easy guideline to follow, once you get the hang of it.

Reactions: Dr.Dro

Dr.Dro

Nov 8, 2018
Experienced developers design the images so that nothing terribly important is in the lower third of the screen. It's a rather easy guideline to follow, once you get the hang of it.
Yeah seen some that do film vignette so dialogue wouldn't interfere while others seem to place them around the lower legs or dead spaces in the scene.