Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Completed STWA-The Author - Audio/Walkthrough/Cheating Mod [Ch7.1b] [KoGa3]

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
STWA-The Author - Mod Banner.jpg

Overview:
This Mod adds some music tracks, audio effects,
ingame walkthrough, status screen and some cheating options to this game.
I also added a Mod option so you can enable all route endings in Chapter7
(set this option before these choice menus are shown up,
so it's maybe best to do that at the beginning of the final chapter).

Oct. 9, 2021
While making a small bug fix I also did some Mod changes:
- added "additional game settings"
(textbox opacity, font size, outlines / quick menu)
- enhanced the "named saves" function (can be deactivated too)
- some more Mod UI changes (background pic)

Updated: 2021-10-09
Game/Creator: STWA - The Author /
Modder
: KoGa3 F95zone /
Mod Version: Ch7.1b
Game Version: Ch7.1
Language: English

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

Download Mod only Ch7.1b (~150MB)
-

Download game Ch7.1 compressed
with integrated Mod Ch7.1b (~777MB)
-

Android port from game Ch7.1 compressed
with integrated Mod Ch7.1b (~777MB)
-

Some ingame pics of my Mod:
STWA_TheAuthor_01.jpg STWA_TheAuthor_02.jpg STWA_TheAuthor_03.jpg STWA_TheAuthor_04.jpg STWA_TheAuthor_05.jpg STWA_TheAuthor_06.jpg STWA_TheAuthor_07.jpg STWA_TheAuthor_08.jpg

Last edited:

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Great music choice again! Mod looks good so far.

Edit:
Just wanted to ask what the current status is. I really liked your mod so far and I'm waiting impatiently for your next (final?) version.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Great music choice again! Mod looks good so far.

Edit:
Just wanted to ask what the current status is. I really liked your mod so far and I'm waiting impatiently for your next (final?) version.
Sorry, I completely have overseen your question here - shit! But the (hopefully) good news for you - I've finished it in the meantime. So if you still want to try my Mod, I've already updated the download links in the OP.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
would you mind update new mod for chapter 4 with sound and walk-through, thank heap
Yes, I will do as soon as possible. Unfortunately, it will take some time - I'm afraid I probably won't be able to do it before the weekend because of work.

FYI: I estimate that I have to plan at least 5h, rather 10h for the audio supplement and the walkthrough - yes, I am that slow... But let's see.

Maethir

Jul 28, 2018
Just curious will this mod and the other Gallery mod play nice? i like this mod for the music and sounds but would love to have a Gallery as well.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Just curious will this mod and the other Gallery mod play nice? i like this mod for the music and sounds but would love to have a Gallery as well.
Actually I wanted to answer that this will most likely not work. But I tried it and surprisingly, it partly does work :unsure:

Sequence of the installation:
1. install the main game
2. install the Gallery Mod from IAmAB
3. install my mod Ch3
4. install my compatibility patch

With this installation sequence my Jukebox in the main menu and the cheating and walkthrough functions from IAmAB will be overwritten. But at least my ingame Mod AND the gallery Mod from IAmAB in the main menu (but of course without my sound) are working.

Sunnie

Dec 31, 2017
Great mod!
Getting points removed is spelled "losing" though, not "loosing". I don't mean to come off as a douche, I just thought I'd let you know. I don't really know how to give someone advice on spelling without sounding like an asshole, I guess.

Reactions: KoGa3

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Great mod!
Getting points removed is spelled "losing" though, not "loosing". I don't mean to come off as a douche, I just thought I'd let you know. I don't really know how to give someone advice on spelling without sounding like an asshole, I guess.
Thanks for the info, I'll correct it in the next update! Well, unfortunately my English is not the best...
(I just realized, I have that nonsense in other Walkthrough Mods as well! :eek:)

Reactions: Sunnie

Sunnie

Dec 31, 2017
Thanks for the info, I'll correct it in the next update! Well, unfortunately my English is not the best...
(I just realized, I have that nonsense in other Walkthrough Mods as well! :eek:)
I'm not a native speaker either, but it's one of the few things I'm decent at. If you are unsure about spelling, feel free to toss me a message and I'll help you out.

D

Deleted member 3027200

1606131852329.png

I downloaded game v mod, and when I try to open I get this

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
View attachment 912412

I downloaded game v mod, and when I try to open I get this
You mean the complete game file with the integrated Mod? I made a quick check and downloaded it also on another PC, extracted the file and tried to start the game - I had no problems with it.

Does the error occur immediately after starting the game?
For me it looks like this after downloading and unpacking the ZIP file:
TheAuthor__01.jpg

D

Deleted member 3027200

You mean the complete game file with the integrated Mod? I made a quick check and downloaded it also on another PC, extracted the file and tried to start the game - I had no problems with it.

Does the error occur immediately after starting the game?
For me it looks like this after downloading and unpacking the ZIP file:
View attachment 912516
I think I messed up unzipping, re-downloading

Btw, are you using external application for zip purpose?

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
I think I messed up unzipping, re-downloading

Btw, are you using external application for zip purpose?
Okay, I'm glad it worked out now.
At the moment I'm using Bandizip, but this is only one of many good free programs for ZIP files (for example 7-Zip, PeaZip, Zipgenius).

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Okay, {snip, just to preserve the quote}
You're probably aware, but the game has been updated to 5.1 now with dev notes indicating some variables were changed. Not sure if your mod needs updating, but......